Florent Malouda

Madmax

Its all well and good that he was brilliant in the 09/10 double.

But in the 2011/2012 double he hasn't impressed me, and thats what matters.

Time to move on, to China, Turkey or Kazakhstan

true he came in as French player of the year ,,,slow to settle ..then one good season ...since then well below acceptable ,,, move him on

Not sure how much he's on but unless both De Bruyne, Marin, Kakuta + new wide forwards are all part of next year's 1st squad he'll have his uses as a squad player who offers depth.

I'd rather keep Kalou tbh. He's more versatile.

We've played Malouda on the opposite wing, at left back and he's played quite a few games as a midfielder. And that's just without going into appearance/starts statistics. Their contribution as squad players are hardly comparable.

A (soon to be) 27 year old Kalou may be a better athlete than the 32 year old Malouda but I think(/hope) the club/the manager will want an actual footballer considering how many younger players we'll have.

I hope his replacement is not leftfooted! Really, why leftfooted players can not do anything with their right foot?! same for Mata, Sturridge and Lukaku! but on the other hand look at Drogba at 34 he smashes the ball with his left foot like he is natural leftfooty at Semi against Spurs!

From now on we should invest in right footed players only!

We've played Malouda on the opposite wing, at left back and he's played quite a few games as a midfielder. And that's just without going into appearance/starts statistics. Their contribution as squad players are hardly comparable.

A (soon to be) 27 year old Kalou may be a better athlete than the 32 year old Malouda but I think(/hope) the club/the manager will want an actual footballer considering how many younger players we'll have.

You can play him in goal if you want but that does not mean he's a keeper! :lol:

You can play him in goal if you want but that does not mean he's a keeper! :lol:

How would you define versatility then? Cause running like a headless chicken in different positions isn't really a better alternative. Unless of course we define that as the preferred work-rate.

How would you define versatility then? Cause running like a headless chicken in different positions isn't really a better alternative. Unless of course we define that as the preferred work-rate.

Well, I guess versatility is relative in the sense that it depends on how well you think the player does out of position. What I meant is that Salamon does an "adequate" job on either wing, which could be very helpful for a squad player; he can also play as a striker if needed.

Yes, Kalou does not offer anything "different" going forward, but neither did Malouda in the last year or so, and at 27, Kalou is, imo, the better choice.

CHOULO is right, Kalou may be a frustrating player but once in a while will make things happen. Malouda may have been great a couple years ago but right now is utter shite, offer's nothing and to be quite frank most games he's played i didn't even recognize him.

They both should leave but if we had to keep one it's the Ivorian every time.