Florent Malouda

Madmax

Unfortunately it's a case of another player that we have kept hold of for too long. As a result we have been forced to frustratingly watch his decline and a player who should be fondly remembered for what was a hugely significant contribution in our double winning season could also now very easily be remembered for 18 months of almost non-existence.

He should have been sold a year ago and most of us would probably have more good than bad memories of him. He was great in the double-winning season 09/10 and last season he was doing okay and was even our leading goal-scorer in the PL but now he's just clueless and we wish he would just leave and make room for younger talents to get their chances.

Thanks FloMo for spending five seasons at Chelsea but it's time to move on. :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else read that apparently our illustrious chairman Ron Gourlay wants to sign Florent on a long term deal?

http://www.dailymail...a-contract.html

"Chief executive Ron Gourlay wants Lampard, Michael Essien and Florent Malouda signed on long-term deals by mid-September."

I really hope someone has just gotten this wrong, with Marin coming in, Mata, and prospectively Hazard and/or Lucas what are we going to be doing with a has been 30something winger, I think the kindest thing to do would be put him out to pasture let him sit on the bench at PSG or something, he was world class in our double winning season don't get me wrong, but since then he's made a steady decline and I just don't think he's needed any more, at all.