Florent Malouda

Madmax

Why does he play so well for France? Why does he keep getting picked for France?

He's like the French Podolski. Inconsistent for club...but generally does well for country.

I think he's one of Blanc's favourite players...and he's got the most caps out of the current French squad.

He's like the French Podolski. Inconsistent for club...but generally does well for country.

I think he's one of Blanc's favourite players...and he's got the most caps out of the current French squad.

Almost half of Malouda's goals for France have come under Blanc.

I know for a fact the Blanc's hands down favourite is Gourcuff. They have a really close relationship; to the point where Gourcuff cried when Blanc left Bordeaux.

Just saw his goal on SSN so had to come here and say "WOW Malouda just did something good!" was a wonderful strike past poor Ivanovic lol. Ivan musta thought "meh he's crap, he won't score from there".

Hopefully he has a great Euro and can get £5-8m for him. I can see him going back to Ligue 1

Whenever I watch France play, Malouda always seems to play well. Far better than playing for us for the last 18 months.

He seems to have a good understanding with Nasri and Ribery, and you just wonder whether he would have a similar relationship with somebody like Hazard who I think is very much in the Nasri mould.

I would be happy to sell him this summer because he is certainly past his best, however I would also not be completely against keeping him next season for one more year as an experienced backup. It would allow somebody like De Bruyne to go out on loan and get regular first team football for a season and hopefully come back a better developed player. I don't want happening to De Bruyne what happened to Lukaku this season.

Can't see him leaving, he will probably stay and run down his contract which is annoying we keep him but let go of Kalou should have been the other way round, Kalou may not be the best of players but he offers a lot more than Malouda at this current time.

Malouda's last good game for us was in the first half against Blackpool 21 months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Malouda's workrate against Spain has been absolutly disgusting. Just take a look at the goal and how Malouda marks Alonso. He does not move one inch once Alonso gets past him (so easily). Its disgraceful that we may allow his request to stay in the squad for next season. I would not mind him being taken to a wall and have the firing squad shoot him if its the only way to get rid of him.