Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Funny thing is a few years back we were laughing at United spending £30m on Shaw. Fast forward a few years and that looks like chump change considering we spent £24m on Alonso. 

Hope the guy proves me wrong but he doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Funny thing is a few years back we were laughing at United spending £30m on Shaw. Fast forward a few years and that looks like chump change considering we spent £24m on Alonso. 

Hope the guy proves me wrong but he doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. 

I don't remember laughing about that. In fact, I was fuming we didn't get him when he obviously wanted to come here but we were not willing to pay the fee :angry:

On 18 September 2016 at 7:13 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Pretty much nailed on the owner picks him

If you read Carlos' book he categorically states Abramovich picks players for transfer and team selection

That doesn't surprise me at all but how can Roman actually pick the team. If it is the case then it's bloody ridiculous!

If you read Carlos' book he categorically states Abramovich picks players for transfer and team selection

I've only read summaries of Carlo's book. The impression I formed was that Carlo said the opposite, that Ronan does not interfere with team selection. Either I'm misremembering the gist of the summaries, or I need to go straight to the horse's mouth and read the book itself.

Is there any chance that you might be misremembering what Carlo said, or have you definitely got it right?

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've only read summaries of Carlo's book. The impression I formed was that Carlo said the opposite, that Ronan does not interfere with team selection. Either I'm misremembering the gist of the summaries, or I need to go straight to the horse's mouth and read the book itself.

Is there any chance that you might be misremembering what Carlo said, or have you definitely got it right?

Some myths against Roman are getting silly but the he picks the team one tops the lot of them. Thinking outside the box a bit, if he was picking the team wouldn't quite a few youth players be in by now considering the investment he has put into the academy? In fact I'm sure Josh and Gael would have got more game time in Carlos second season if Roman had a say in it.

As for the transfers the club has never really tried too hard to hide the fact that Roman does get involved. As long ago as when Peter Kenyon was asked about who initiates transfers, he responded that it was a group effort between the manager, the owner, and others.

Since then we've all had our own ideas about which players might have been Roman signings. Personally, I go so far as to believe that Arkady has also begun to be involved. I say that because some of the signings seem to me to have been players who exhibit the kind of qualities which impress young people. This last point is obviously wild speculation on my part, for which I have not a scrap of evidence.

On 17 September 2016 at 0:51 PM, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Why is this clown is still starting matches after matches for us ?

I'd say it's because a succession of managers, including the temp who was in charge when I first formed and posted the opinion that we shouldn't select Brana, believe that, as bad as he is, Brana is nevertheless the best option available.

I know a lot of people have no faith in that decision but I don't think it's reasonable for them to sustain that doubt when not one, not two, not even three, but four different managers all reach the same conclusion. In short this is not the fault of the managers except in so far as they must share the responsibility for the weakness of a squad which forces them to continue to select an underperforming player. 

I guess and according to pictures (sacking of Mourinho) the both of them get on quite well. Abramovich isn't picking the team, don't think any of the managers would have come to terms with, but it certainly improves his standing within the squad, imo.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

If Roman isn't demanding Brana plays I can only assume Jose, Guus and Conte are blind or totally useless

Either all the managers are at fault for using  Brana or someone else is. Its patently obvious Abramovich doesn't pick the team but conversely it is obvious and stated in Carlos book he has a say in selection and transfer targets. FFS I always thought even Cuadrado could do a better job there, or now Moses would be a step up

21 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I don't remember laughing about that. In fact, I was fuming we didn't get him when he obviously wanted to come here but we were not willing to pay the fee :angry:

I was also in the "buy Luke Shaw regardless of the fee" camp. But yeah. Here we are. 

3 hours ago, Bir_CFC said:

It was the wages more than the fee that was the concern. At least as per Jose.

Didnt Luke say he went to United because there was bigger chance to play? As if Jose would keep playing players he knows, ahead of Shaw.

If Shaw realy wanted us, he would join us for smaller wages, as long he got some sort of trust he will play.

i dont know how honest Luke is, but I bet we didnt want to pay the fee either. Like always. 

Now three years later, we bought Luis, sold Luis, bought Baba, loaned Baba, signed Alonso. For about 50m (not including Luis as we got most of cash back) and for who knows what wages.

We went for cheaper alternatives and we have fb problems for few years now. Instead we could have young english player who is actualy good too.

Maybe its the fate, we get bad luck for few more years at fb and then we pull another Ashley Cole, this time from United haha