Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

3 hours ago, lucio said:

He dserves better than hoof and chase under pulis. Go back to Russia or stay with us

Part of me wants to see him finish off the season so he can get in with the final celebrations and we can give him a proper send off, he deserves it.

With Jose it was a bit of a worry because he couldn't see that Iva was a yard or two off the pace, but Conte sees things crystal clear.

Heck once the season wraps up, someone in charge should setup a proper testimonial for Iva, Lamps and Cole.

BREAKING NEWS

Branislav Ivanovic’s move from Chelsea to Zenit St Petersberg is on the verge of completion, with sources saying it is 99% done.

The player has agreed personal terms and will fly out to seal the move within the next 24 hours.

We understand Ivanovic has agreed a two-and-a-half year deal with the option of a further year, and has moved on a freearrow-10x10.png transfer.

Great servant and a top defender at his height, but this is absolutely the right thing to do, and exactly the right time.

The players in his position have now surpassed him and the club is moving on. Slowly but surely we are getting rid of players that have done very well but it's time to cash in, and move on.

Delighted that Conte is really putting his mark on the side, if a certain JM was here Ivanovic would still be a regular starter and that was what was holding this club back....too much emphasis on holding onto players and sentiment.

1 minute ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Yeah... Iva would still be a good fringe player as (wing)back but we got Aké and Kenedy back for those positions so...

He's actually done all right coming off the bench to see games out (Spurs home game aside, N Koudou did give him a going over in that one), especially as teams often resort to desperate long ball when searching for a late equalize.

Just now, BoyBlue96 said:

Yeah... Iva would still be a good fringe player as (wing)back but we got Aké and Kenedy back for those positions so...

Both Ake and Kenedy are for the left side, doesn't really count. Kenedy doesn't fill me with confidence either, he was never a full-back and I don't believe he will make it here.

Very sad to see him go. I hope Mourinho and Hiddnk's isistence of playing him when he was past it, does not ruin his memory. For me one of our top 5 defenders without a doubt.