Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I wish we’d try for Griezmann since Haaland isn’t happening. Loan with option or obligation to buy next summer. Had a very solid season with Barca and has a skill set that I feel would mesh excellently with our other attackers. Not only a great finisher but can also create for others which would be very useful when teams park the bus against us.

We’ve done the loan thing with several strikers before so it’s not silly to think we’d try. Of course his wages may be an issue as well as him being in love with living in Spain. 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wish we’d try for Griezmann since Haaland isn’t happening. Loan with option or obligation to buy next summer. Had a very solid season with Barca and has a skill set that I feel would mesh excellently with our other attackers. Not only a great finisher but can also create for others which would be very useful when teams park the bus against us.

We’ve done the loan thing with several strikers before so it’s not silly to think we’d try. Of course his wages may be an issue as well as him being in love with living in Spain. 

The guy is on €800k a week, he has already told Barca to forget about shifting him to Atleti if they think he is taking a pay cut. 

No way do we bring him in, unless Barca agree to loan him and cover €550k a week of his wages. This doesn't really make any sense for them as that wouldn't help clear enough of their wage costs. 

Further to this, he has been recently caught in his third of fourth racial incident in the past few years. Not sure I really want someone that is going to bring that kind of heat down on the club. 

Edited by King Kante

L’Équipe report that Premier League side Chelsea are looking into the feasibility of engineering a swap arrangement with Bayern Munich that would see Kingsley Coman and Callum Hudson Odoi switch clubs.

Coman, who is under contract with the Bavarians until 2023, recently hired Pini Zahavi as his agent. Talks over an extension have been dead for 2 months, after Bayern offered the player €13m a year gross. He is currently on €9m a year gross, but wants to match Leroy Sané’s €18m a year gross. Talks are therefore at a standstill.

Especially as the German outfit are understood to have made €150m in losses over the course of the 2020/21 campaign. As a result, Bayern have opened the door to the sale of Coman in the coming weeks – however, their initial stance is making a deal totally impossible for the rest of Europe’s elite – asking for €90m.

Manchester United had looked at the player before concluding a deal for Jadon Sancho, Manchester City, Liverpool but above all Chelsea are also monitoring the situation.

Thomas Tuchel has never hidden how much he leaves Coman as a player – Chelsea’s board would like to include Callum Hudson-Odoi in a deal, as the English winger is not in Tuchel’s plans for the coming season and Bayern have shown historic interest in him.

New boss Julian Nagelsmann would like to keep Coman, feeling that the French international’s ability to break lines will be key in his early reign as Bayern boss. 

The situation will continue to evolve in the coming weeks.

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

L’Équipe report that Premier League side Chelsea are looking into the feasibility of engineering a swap arrangement with Bayern Munich that would see Kingsley Coman and Callum Hudson Odoi switch clubs.

Coman, who is under contract with the Bavarians until 2023, recently hired Pini Zahavi as his agent. Talks over an extension have been dead for 2 months, after Bayern offered the player €13m a year gross. He is currently on €9m a year gross, but wants to match Leroy Sané’s €18m a year gross. Talks are therefore at a standstill.

Especially as the German outfit are understood to have made €150m in losses over the course of the 2020/21 campaign. As a result, Bayern have opened the door to the sale of Coman in the coming weeks – however, their initial stance is making a deal totally impossible for the rest of Europe’s elite – asking for €90m.

Manchester United had looked at the player before concluding a deal for Jadon Sancho, Manchester City, Liverpool but above all Chelsea are also monitoring the situation.

Thomas Tuchel has never hidden how much he leaves Coman as a player – Chelsea’s board would like to include Callum Hudson-Odoi in a deal, as the English winger is not in Tuchel’s plans for the coming season and Bayern have shown historic interest in him.

New boss Julian Nagelsmann would like to keep Coman, feeling that the French international’s ability to break lines will be key in his early reign as Bayern boss. 

The situation will continue to evolve in the coming weeks.

Just nonsense because they have no news so need clicks. 

17 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Just nonsense because they have no news so need clicks. 

Coman rumours are BS.

Also I don't think Bayern are too keen on doing business with us.

One thing we read early on might very well be true: We are not buying anyone until TT has evaluated all the dregs and decided who should be offloaded and who he will keep in the team.

I refuse to believe all our deadwood actually is completely useless. Sure most simply will not cut it at the top level but TT has specific tactical requirements and coaching methods. Some players who did not really fit with those of his predecessors mighte excel under his. Just like Moses was a dreg until tried as RWB by Conte.

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Coman rumours are BS.

Also I don't think Bayern are too keen on doing business with us.

One thing we read early on might very well be true: We are not buying anyone until TT has evaluated all the dregs and decided who should be offloaded and who he will keep in the team.

I refuse to believe all our deadwood actually is completely useless. Sure most simply will not cut it at the top level but TT has specific tactical requirements and coaching methods. Some players who did not really fit with those of his predecessors mighte excel under his. Just like Moses was a dreg until tried as RWB by Conte.

Yep, while we absolutely should not fall into the trap of thinking Tuchel can work miracles with any and every player he's given we've appointed an elite coach who should be able to fit some players into his system.

Klopp is a good example, how many of this UCL/PL winning squad would we have had a meltdown about had we signed them? 

21 hours ago, Jas said:

Am shocked you've come asking me this till the point I don't know whether it's a joke or not. 🤣

The thing is, I can't see us buying anyone else if we buy Haaland or vice versa because of the money involved. So, I don't know if the club are still trying to bide (or waste?) their time with Haaland OR they're working on other transfers already and we just don't know it yet. 

Also, the club may also be waiting a bit to see what Tuchel makes of some of the returning loanees, to see if they will be of any use to the first team. If they are, then maybe we don't need to go buy a defender, for example. But rumors are persisting that we are still looking for a defender - e.g. Sule - and midfielder - e.g. Rice - on top of a striker. 

At the same time, the club are also in a somewhat tricky spot because they still have some contract renewals to sort out and sell some players first before potentially buying, like for example the ST position. I don't think we'll buy 2 strikers, it'll be just 1 at most. Tuchel had/used 4 last season - Werner, Havertz, Giroud, Abraham - and he ended only favoring only 2 of the 4. Broja could well take up the spot that Giroud left and I won't be surprised if we ended up keeping Abraham if we can't buy any ST and also because there's no buyer for him.

If you are suggesting that clubs would pay 500-600k wages (something that is possible) to Haaland next year, then what's stopping his camp from demanding the same from us this year? The fact that neither he nor Raiola is seemingly pushing for the move to us suggests they well know that they will get more money next year. 

I don't know why people are making this seem like one way traffic and assuming Dortmund will just accept a big offer immediately. If they are gonna say no until August 31, then we can't do anything.

The situation with Havertz was also somewhat different. The cost to sign him (transfer fee + agent fees + wages) was way lower than trying to sign Haaland now and we didn't need to deliberate too much over it. On top of that, he also wanted to leave Leverkusen, which helped our cause even further but that doesn't seem to be case with Haaland at Dortmund. 

Let's hope that they're working on other deals, because if they're not then they've wasted a chance to strengthen after we've won the CL. Keeping Tammy and not signing a striker could put us out of the title challenge entirely. People forget how problematic our attack is.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

So, who do you think from those deadwoods might be useful under Tuchel? 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Coman rumours are BS.

Am assuming the source is Magic Lamps? 

5 hours ago, Jype said:

Ah yes, the impact sub who just scored 41 league goals in 29 matches this past season and overall 55 goals the season before.

If anything, Lewandowski has only gotten better since turning 30 and is currently playing the best football of his career. Of course he's at an age where decline might be rapid when it finally happens but so far there's no signs of him slowing down.

Not that he's leaving Bayern anyway but I'd definitely take him if a transfer was doable,

I meant in Prem. He can play every game in a slow tier 2 league, but can he do it on a rainy Thursday in Stoke? 

5 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I meant in Prem. He can play every game in a slow tier 2 league, but can he do it on a rainy Thursday in Stoke? 

This sounds like silva convo. This old shite of players over 30 are dead wood needs to stop.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Gallagher and Sterling could be options. Sarr too. 

Gallagher seems likely to go out on loan if the persistent rumors are anything to go by.

Not sure about Sterling considering we have James, Azpi and I guess CHO as well for the RWB slot.

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Gallagher and Sterling could be options. Sarr too. 

They are not deadwoods, they are youngsters. Especially Gallagher talented one. Zappacosta could be useful. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They are not deadwoods, they are youngsters. Especially Gallagher talented one. Zappacosta could be useful. 

Would rather just give the spot to Sterling and sell Zappacosta once and for all. 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Would rather just give the spot to Sterling and sell Zappacosta once and for all. 

Zappacosta might be harder to shift as he is not a Euros or CL winner or future Ballon D'or nominee like Emerson.