Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Lewandowski is best striker in the world. I would pay 100m for him this summer with 4 years contract and in 2025 he could leave for free and it would be worth it. I followed his workouts and nutrition and he is one of the most prepared players out there. Cavani and Ibra delivered in PL while older so no problem. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lewandowski is best striker in the world. I would pay 100m for him this summer with 4 years contract and in 2025 he could leave for free and it would be worth it. I followed his workouts and nutrition and he is one of the most prepared players out there. Cavani and Ibra delivered in PL while older so no problem. 

100m 🤔 no way Jose. 

Wonder when the first time we’ll hear from Tuchel is. Would be nice to get some reassurance that we actually are working on some deals. Of course he won’t give any specifics. The total silence from reporters and journalists is concerning now.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder when the first time we’ll hear from Tuchel is. Would be nice to get some reassurance that we actually are working on some deals. Of course he won’t give any specifics. The total silence from reporters and journalists is concerning now.

Yeahh hopefully silence because nothing in stone yet rather then because we are doing nothing at all.. 

7 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeahh hopefully silence because nothing in stone yet rather then because we are doing nothing at all.. 

We have a lot of dregs still and an insane number of players. I think we're selling before we buy and we have a lot to sell. 

Additionally, unless the player is Håland/Hakimi grade, then just use an academy boy or one of the loan rangers instead. Otherwise we're just buying more future dregs. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Gallagher and Sterling could be options. Sarr too. 

Gallagher and Sterling I both rate highly. I would not count them as deadwood yet, rather promising youngsters. however, i am very sure Gallagher will get another loan with the reasoning probably being that he is already good enough to start every week for a PL side but our midfield is pretty much set in stone so he has little chance of dirsupting it. but since Kante and Jorginho are 29 and 30, Gallagher's chance might very well be the season hereafter.

8 minutes ago, Jas said:

So, who do you think from those deadwoods might be useful under Tuchel? 

Am assuming the source is Magic Lamps? 

I know it is a long shot, Sarr might very well be kept as a CB backup. He is tailor made to be the left sided CB and while he has quality he seems to be inconsistent and a bit rash. exactly the kind of player TT may be able to iron out. This wil be increasingly likely if Zouma leaves.

out of the absolute deadwood, i'd say RLC is the most likely to reinvent himself to become useful. His turn of pace is gone so he is pretty much useless in attack now but he played most of his early career deeper so maybe if he takes a few pages out of Jorginho's book he can becoem some kind of deep lying playmaker. The corresponding qualities have gone a bit unnoticed in his short sarri pruple patch but his technique is tidy and he has good positional discipline. If he can sit deep, win the physical duels and cycle posession he can still redeem himself. Call it the Mikel transformation. Could be a useful squad option in a position we are desperately thin in.

The source is the entire German sports media. For every other German appears to be a casual Bayern Erfolgsfan, the  transfer coverage here is disgustingly Bayern-centric and abundant. Colloquially speaking, if Brazzo has a bad shit in the morning, the rest of the country knows it midday. They do business a lot more transparent than other clubs, usually pursue the players publicly to sway their heads etc. Hence, every half decent journo rubbished the coman remours early summer and I have not heard of any changes. they value coman as impact sub and wnat to keep him.

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I love that Tuchel is not involving himself publicly in transfers. If he trusts the staff to take care of transfers we avoid him having a standoff with the board, like has been his downfall in the past. 

50 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I know it is a long shot, Sarr might very well be kept as a CB backup. He is tailor made to be the left sided CB and while he has quality he seems to be inconsistent and a bit rash. exactly the kind of player TT may be able to iron out. This wil be increasingly likely if Zouma leaves.

That might be a possibility given Sarr has come out and said he hopes to break into the first team in a recent interview with the club, although it's still coming from only one direction for now. And not sure if there's any buyer for Zouma at the moment. The club are seemingly valuing him more than what clubs can afford right now.

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

out of the absolute deadwood, i'd say RLC is the most likely to reinvent himself to become useful. His turn of pace is gone so he is pretty much useless in attack now but he played most of his early career deeper so maybe if he takes a few pages out of Jorginho's book he can becoem some kind of deep lying playmaker. The corresponding qualities have gone a bit unnoticed in his short sarri pruple patch but his technique is tidy and he has good positional discipline. If he can sit deep, win the physical duels and cycle posession he can still redeem himself. Call it the Mikel transformation. Could be a useful squad option in a position we are desperately thin in.

There's a lot of ifs and maybes there but Loftus-Cheek is an interesting one. Tuchel praised him last season (before we played Fulham) and even said he reminded him of Ballack but the problem with Loftus-Cheek is he has never been consistent, is not particularly mobile and not great tactically. His best form for us came when we played the 4-3-3 under Sarri and he was given the license to bomb forward from midfield, similar to Lampard or what Toure did for Man City. If we're gonna stick mostly with a pivot, then he's not gonna be able to do that and I'm not sure he has the creativity to thrive as a deep lying playmaker either. Plus I know it's Fulham, but he somehow managed only 1 goal last season, despite playing 2,085 minutes in all competitions. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

The source is the entire German sports media. For every other German appears to be a casual Bayern Erfolgsfan, the  transfer coverage here is disgustingly Bayern-centric and abundant. Colloquially speaking, if Brazzo has a bad shit in the morning, the rest of the country knows it midday. They do business a lot more transparent than other clubs, usually pursue the players publicly to sway their heads etc. Hence, every half decent journo rubbished the coman remours early summer and I have not heard of any changes. they value coman as impact sub and wnat to keep him.

🤣 It was only a tongue-in-cheek comment.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

we are selling fringe players to fund the big transfers that are going to be happening.

Dortmund have probably put a deadline on the Haaland deal. Hakimi and Donnarumma to PSG. The targets that are left do not appeal that much. I'm happy to be proven wrong and Roman calls Zahavi last minute for 50m Lewa transfer and he wins us the title in 1/2 years. Tbh I had never heard of Hazard before we signed him. Would be happy for a promising young talent to join the new generation. 

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

what are the probably players that we will sell?

More than 3/4 of the team that is training now is probably for sale. The problem is, teams can't afford our valuation for these players or their wages. Drinkwater will see out every second of his deal because Aston Villa can't pay him 200k a week. 

Drinkwater

Barkley

Bakayoko

Loftus - cheek (or he stays as a squad player) 

Emerson

Zappacosta

Batshuayi

Baba Rahman

Decisions also need to me made on the following, probably loans:

Clarke-Salter

Chalobah

Miazga

Baker

Sterling

Ugbo

Broja (possibly a squad player) 

Maatsen

Cumming

Musonda (idk how old he is but seems like he's been here for ages and hasn't shone)

33 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Dortmund have probably put a deadline on the Haaland deal. Hakimi and Donnarumma to PSG. The targets that are left do not appeal that much. I'm happy to be proven wrong and Roman calls Zahavi last minute for 50m Lewa transfer and he wins us the title in 1/2 years. Tbh I had never heard of Hazard before we signed him. Would be happy for a promising young talent to join the new generation. 

50 million for Lewandowski!? Do you think Bayern are stupid? 🤣

17 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

More than 3/4 of the team that is training now is probably for sale. The problem is, teams can't afford our valuation for these players or their wages. Drinkwater will see out every second of his deal because Aston Villa can't pay him 200k a week. 

Drinkwater is not earning £200k p/w. It's £120k p/w. 

26 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Drinkwater

Barkley

Bakayoko

Loftus - cheek (or he stays as a squad player) 

Emerson

Zappacosta

Batshuayi

Baba Rahman

Decisions also need to me made on the following, probably loans:

Clarke-Salter

Chalobah

Miazga

Baker

Sterling

Ugbo

Broja (possibly a squad player) 

Maatsen

Cumming

Musonda (idk how old he is but seems like he's been here for ages and hasn't shone)

So... what kind of money we can get with sell this players?