Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Atalanta has had some great potential buys for a few seasons now (Mahele, Muriel, Gosens, to name a few).

All moved to bang average teams and didn't do anything. All top clubs stayed away. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

All moved to bang average teams and didn't do anything. All top clubs stayed away. 

Inter are "bang average?"

The players I mentioned performed well for a side that has been regulars in either the EL or CL in recent seasons. If they'd joined us, I'm sure they'd have been sufficient additions rather than a number of the recent expensive acquisitions.  

Edited by LAM09

GKers

Acceptable ones

(In order of valuation)

Diogo Costa    
Gregor Kobel 
Mike Maignan   
Giorgi Mamardashvili 
Jan Oblak    
Anatoliy Trubin    
Lucas Chevalier     
Matvey Safonov    
Filip Jørgensen 
Marco Carnesecchi
Álvaro Valles
Alex Meret
Bento
Guillaume Restes (youth)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

GKers

Acceptable ones

(In order of valuation)

Diogo Costa    
Gregor Kobel 
Mike Maignan   
Giorgi Mamardashvili 
Jan Oblak    
Anatoliy Trubin    
Lucas Chevalier     
Matvey Safonov    
Filip Jørgensen 
Marco Carnesecchi
Álvaro Valles
Alex Meret
Bento
Guillaume Restes (youth)

With Petro, Sanchez and Kepa (and Slonina somewhere there) I don't think we will invest in GK this season. We could use upgrade over Petro, but there more important holes in our squad now.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

GKers

Acceptable ones

(In order of valuation)

Diogo Costa    
Gregor Kobel 
Mike Maignan   
Giorgi Mamardashvili 
Jan Oblak    
Anatoliy Trubin    
Lucas Chevalier     
Matvey Safonov    
Filip Jørgensen 
Marco Carnesecchi
Álvaro Valles
Alex Meret
Bento
Guillaume Restes (youth)

Are any of these players 12 years old or younger? If not the club won't look at them. 

Edited by King Kante

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

GKers

Acceptable ones

(In order of valuation)

Diogo Costa    
Gregor Kobel 
Mike Maignan   
Giorgi Mamardashvili 
Jan Oblak    
Anatoliy Trubin    
Lucas Chevalier     
Matvey Safonov    
Filip Jørgensen 
Marco Carnesecchi
Álvaro Valles
Alex Meret
Bento
Guillaume Restes (youth)

I was really pleased at the start of the season when there was talk of Lunin potentially being offered as part of the of the payment for Kepa. The former has solidified his place as RM's number 1 now, so that's not happening (I'm not sure if you left him out for that reason).

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Does anyone remember if the Premier League moved in line with uefa financial regulations and also restricted the amortisation of transfer fees to 5 years max?

They voted it in at the end of 2023.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

GKers

Acceptable ones

(In order of valuation)

Diogo Costa    
Gregor Kobel 
Mike Maignan   
Giorgi Mamardashvili 
Jan Oblak    
Anatoliy Trubin    
Lucas Chevalier     
Matvey Safonov    
Filip Jørgensen 
Marco Carnesecchi
Álvaro Valles
Alex Meret
Bento
Guillaume Restes (youth)

How much you think it would take Dortmund to part with Kobel - he has some pretty sure hands and very good reaction saves my favourite out of the bunch.

6 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

With Petro, Sanchez and Kepa (and Slonina somewhere there) I don't think we will invest in GK this season. We could use upgrade over Petro, but there more important holes in our squad now.

Yeah GK is not a pressing matter right now. 

Petro still looks shaky after the team is strengthened and are playing properly, then we can talk. 

On 07/04/2024 at 03:14, TheHulk said:

This is what buying clubs do. They check hundreds of players. Take a trip to Kingsmeadow when the 18s or 21s are playing and you will see the west stand rammed with scouts at each game. The same is true at development games all over the world.

50 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah GK is not a pressing matter right now. 

Petro still looks shaky after the team is strengthened and are playing properly, then we can talk. 

You never know what new injuries might hit but next season should be better with Nkunku, Lavia and Reece available. 

I'd invest to replace LB, CB, ST and AM. The rest are still good to go and have shown what they can do in flashes. 

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

You never know what new injuries might hit but next season should be better with Nkunku, Lavia and Reece available. 

I'd invest to replace LB, CB, ST and AM. The rest are still good to go and have shown what they can do in flashes. 

AM? Palmer is doing good there, there is Chukwumueka, Nkunku (depending on his health status), Mudryk can play there, and if case of bad emergency Gallagher

12 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

AM? Palmer is doing good there, there is Chukwumueka, Nkunku (depending on his health status), Mudryk can play there, and if case of bad emergency Gallagher

For the left side. To replace Sterling and bring in a goalscorer

Palmer is specifically RF for me. Against bottom half clubs we can afford to put him (or Nkunku ) as a second striker and Madueke at RW. 433/424 alterations. 

Also works well when Kendry comes into the frame. 

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Palmer is specifically RF for me. Against bottom half clubs we can afford to put him (or Nkunku ) as a second striker and Madueke at RW. 433/424 alterations. 

Also works well when Kendry comes into the frame. 

Of all the super young kids we signed, he might be the one that makes the team and has an impact.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Those 3 and Fofana. I think when season ends conclusion will be that we missed CL place exactly because of those injuries.