Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Eze is a great shout. Was watching the Palace highlights from the weekend and he was very impressive. He always stands out when watching Palace. 

Palace would probably quote any club asking about him £100m at this point. Not even worth discussing, really.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Palace would probably quote any club asking about him £100m at this point. Not even worth discussing, really.

Yea you're most probably right. I hope we don't just buy a player for the sake of it, which considering we don't have the mobility within FFP limitations to buy anybody substantial, I can see that happening. 

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t even see him getting a sniff at PSG,

he would instantly be their 3rd best winger, IMHO, and with Dembele's injury record, plus Mbappe soon gone next summer his has a huge opportunity to be a key player

On 28/08/2023 at 10:43, enzoforever said:

Hopefully by the end of the window we have this squad:

Sanchez/petrovic

RJ/gusto disasi/silva colwill/badiashile chilwell/maatsen

Enzo/Lavia caicedo/Lesley

Sterling/noni carney/Gallagher nkunku/mudryk

Jackson/broja

I feel this should be our 22 man squad. Loan/sell: cucurella, Lukaku, CHO, sarr

I am okay to roll with this without adding anyone late in the window. Every attacking target mentioned seems to have red flags - Raphinha, Smith Rowe, Barcola, Edwards, Cherki, Torres

Romelu Lukaku to Roma - here we go!

Let’s start today’s column with: Romelu Lukaku to Roma - here we go! This saga is finally over. After months of being close to Inter and then wanted by Juventus, there’s now a deal agreed with Roma. It’s a loan deal with no mandatory buy option, and Roma will cover €7.5m of his salary. Of course, Chelsea already paid his salary for July and August, so this is valid only for ten months. Chelsea will also get a loan fee higher than the €5m which has been reported. Lukaku will now travel to Rome on Tuesday.

So, what went on behind the scenes with this deal? Inter wanted Lukaku back earlier this summer and they were prepared to close the deal at the end of June, but then they didn’t get a final green light from Lukaku, and they understood it happened because Romelu was negotiating with Juventus. Those secret talks with Juve became public then, and Lukaku agreed personal terms with Juventus on a three year deal. However, another twist was that the only way for Juve to make it happen was to sell Dusan Vlahovic, and it didn’t happen.

So Roma were the final credible option for Lukaku, they entered the race last week in quiet way and the strategy was successful as American owners relationship made the difference to get green light for loan move.

Chelsea fans have also asked me about Rayan Cherki from Lyon, but I keep saying the same thing - I’m not aware of negotiations between Chelsea and Lyon for Cherki, and this has been the case all summer. If tomorrow it changes, I will let you know, but as of now Chelsea are not negotiating with Lyon or on the player side. They are looking for different players.

There are around ten names on the list for Chelsea, but I’m told they are still in internal discussion over best option to pursue in the final days. It involves owners, directors and manager too. They’re deciding all together. Still, despite rumours and links with Raphinha and Ferran Torres, Barcelona have not received any formal approach as of today from Chelsea, let’s see in the final days.

Decision time for Bayern - could Chalobah replace Pavard?

Bayern Munich could also be busy as they have to make a decision on Benjamin Pavard - whether to let him go to Inter or not. They need a replacement, so Bayern have to decide whether or not to accept €30m plus add-ons and let Pavard leave, or to keep him.

Bayern are looking for a replacement and have approached Chelsea for Trevoh Chalobah. Things are happening, with Thomas Tuchel also making a direct call to the player. For now, however, Chelsea’s message to Bayern has been ‘no’ to a straight loan and ‘no’ to a loan with a buy option - they want an obligation on a permanent transfer or it’s not going to happen, this was the message. Let’s see if Chelsea change their stance, or if Bayern decide to buy the defender. It’ll depend on the clubs, negotiations are ongoing, so keep an eye on this one in the next 12-15 hours.

Chalobah is a definite upgrade on the overrated sulking Parvard. Despite his flaws I do think there is a decent CB in Trev and I will be sad to see him leave. Always came across as a likeable character, top professional and true blue. The memory of debut wonder strike & heartfelt celebration in particular will stay forever. 

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Chalobah is a definite upgrade on the overrated sulking Parvard. Despite his flaws I do think there is a decent CB in Trev and I will be sad to see him leave. Always came across as a likeable character, top professional and true blue. The memory of debut wonder strike & heartfelt celebration in particular will stay forever. 

I'm not even sure if he is a natural CB.   Think in his younger days on loan he was used as a CDM/RB. 

Best of luck to him though, reminds me of our old Portuguese RB (Bosingwa), was good on his day but had his horrible moments as well where he looked like a League 1 defender. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I am okay to roll with this without adding anyone late in the window. Every attacking target mentioned seems to have red flags - Raphinha, Smith Rowe, Barcola, Edwards, Cherki, Torres

Cherki just reminds me of Hazard back in his Ligue 1 days, he knew he was better than most of the players out there.  Definite star potential in that kid once he's fully developed. 

21 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Cherki just reminds me of Hazard back in his Ligue 1 days, he knew he was better than most of the players out there.  Definite star potential in that kid once he's fully developed. 

Cherki looks a lot slower than Hazard, he always had great acceleration to burst away from people over short distances, Cherki probably has a much lower ceiling consequently. Still could become a great player of course.

He would be an exciting signing but he 100% has serious flop potential.

Hazard won League 1 in 2011 and scored 20 goals the following season with Lille finishing 3rd. How does Cherki compare to that is beyond me. Stay away from this guy. He could be great one day, but we are in no position for more gambles. A lot of you were using Sterling to justify that every transfer is a gamble, but you can see a different Sterling this year and this comes with experience, self-believe and good coaching. Most of the players we are being linked with the past two days are worrying. I guess Sancho is impossible and Raphinha's attitude and wages might be a problem. Lets see what happens this week.