Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t think they’ll sell him now unless a crazy offer comes in from us like £75-80m. 

I don't think it happens. Think we wait until the summer and get some hole filler on loan for now. 

It is a smart move if the plan is to use this fiscal year's transfer fund for midfielders. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think not even a crazy Boehly offer will make Brighton sell Caicedo this January. They hardly need the money but will want to make a push for Ropey League.

29m for Madueke >>>> 29m for Drossard btw

and Noni is Homegrown, which, as I detailed before, along with his other qualities (youth, big motor, left footedness, can play wingback, etc) made him an obvious target, IF you can get around (we obviously did) his injury record

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't think it happens. Think we wait until the summer and get some hole filler on loan for now. 

It is a smart move if the plan is to use this fiscal year's transfer fund for midfielders. 

I agree. Don’t think Caicedo is someone who dramatically changes the trajectory of our season.

Get someone in on loan (if that’s even within the rules which I’ve seen conflicting reporting about) and go all out for Enzo in the summer.

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But is a midfield loan signing necessary either?

Even now the problem isn't quantity but quality. I mean, we have all of Jorginho, Kovacic, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Loftus-Cheek, Kante and Zakaria in the squad and even Lewis Hall is more of a natural midfielder than a LB so when Chilly is back we could try him in midfield too.

Of course Kante and Zakaria are currently out injury and will continue to be for at least a few more weeks but there's still plenty of bodies available for selection. They may not be all that great and/or good tactical fits for how we want to play going forward but would the kind of players available on a loan deal right now be any better than the ones we already have? The grass isn't always greener.

Not to mention that even now we can't register all new signings for the UCL squad for the knockouts so I very much doubt the loanee midfielder would make the cut either so are we really banking on getting the kind of midfielder on loan that immediately makes a HUGE impact and gets us closer to the battle for European spots? If not, why even bother loaning in anyone?

Just now, Mário César said:

I don't know if this long contracts deal will catch us in the future because If the players don't performe well, we will be in trouble to sell them 

look at kepa, for example 

we stuck with him all this years 

Yes because we gave Kepa insane wages. As long as the new players with long contracts are paid reasonable wages we will be able to sell them if they doesnt perform.

Bit of deja vu about us signing loads of wingers and not sorting out other positions, but tbf if Kante comes back and somehow stays fit and signs a new contract, between him and Kovacic it would be a solid 4-2-3-1 all of a sudden with plenty of creativity and danger from the front 4. My gut says based on what we've seen so far though that we don't end this transfer window without signing some kind of CM.

23 minutes ago, Jype said:

But is a midfield loan signing necessary either?

Even now the problem isn't quantity but quality. I mean, we have all of Jorginho, Kovacic, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Loftus-Cheek, Kante and Zakaria in the squad and even Lewis Hall is more of a natural midfielder than a LB so when Chilly is back we could try him in midfield too.

Of course Kante and Zakaria are currently out injury and will continue to be for at least a few more weeks but there's still plenty of bodies available for selection. They may not be all that great and/or good tactical fits for how we want to play going forward but would the kind of players available on a loan deal right now be any better than the ones we already have? The grass isn't always greener.

Not to mention that even now we can't register all new signings for the UCL squad for the knockouts so I very much doubt the loanee midfielder would make the cut either so are we really banking on getting the kind of midfielder on loan that immediately makes a HUGE impact and gets us closer to the battle for European spots? If not, why even bother loaning in anyone?

I'd say DM. 

Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, and Zakaria are the only deep players. You can add Ruben but he's as reliable as a politician, and Kante and Zakaria are far too injury prone.