Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

40 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fantastic upside? Really? Where are you seeing this?

He has done next to fuck all for the last 2 years nearly and even then barring maybe a little spell with Tuchel, the majority of his time here is heavily questionable. When you consider the cost, the hype, he’s not convinced. At all. He is 23 and nobody here can be 100% sure if he is a CF or a number 10. Some may say that it makes him flexible, but for me, thats not always a good thing as he doesn’t particularly seem to excel at anything you would associate with those positions. There’s rumblings the club see him as a 10 long term but our past 2 managers, including the one who is supposedly here for the long term plan, have been using him as a CF. Thats a story in itself about him as much as any other attacking players we have too.

What I don’t get is that people are quick to throw guys like Mount under the bus but still hold out hope for Kai despite the fact Mount has definitely done much much more in the same time Kai has been here. 

Mount has 12 more contributions in 15 more appearances since Havertz was signed where is this has done much much more? 

I honestly don't care comparing them both are bad but one is so far content with 150k and the other, if rumours are to believed wants close to 300k, you figure out why people are angry.

31 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Mount has 12 more contributions in 15 more appearances since Havertz was signed where is this has done much much more? 

I honestly don't care comparing them both are bad but one is so far content with 150k and the other, if rumours are to believed wants close to 300k, you figure out why people are angry.

Mount is also predominantly a central midfielder while Havertz is a forward/winger/no10 or whatever the hell he even is so why should their goal contribution numbers even be up for comparison? If anything, the numbers you posted just confirm Mount is a much better player of the two because they have basically the same end product but Mount is also much better at pressing etc. while Havertz does virtually fuck all when he doesn't get the goal contributions. 

It's also been debunked by lots of sources (ie. Matt Law) that he's demanding a £300K/wk salary for his extension. Will probably still be more than £200K if James' salary is anything to go by but still way less than the reports in the media?

Mount also cost the club £0 while Havertz cost £70M. Havertz on £150K/wk and £14M a year in amortisation is way more expensive for the club than Mount would be even if he did get the £300K/wk.

Edited by Jype

This Mount is a #8 talk does my head in at times. He's arguably looked worse as a #8 and his best bits in a Chelsea kit came when he was on that right side running through the channels. 

I'd go as far as saying Mount at RW in a 4231 is his future. 

2 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I think he would be better than Kepa and would be a good buy. Either Kepa or Mendy are leaving this summer.

Yeah with Kepa we are getting closer and closer to the point where we can finally bin him off. Probably not next summer still but maybe in 2024 when he'll have just one year remaining on his contract and £10M amortisation value left.

With Potter preferring Kepa over Mendy I wouldn't be surprised if Mendy left in the summer though. His book value will have only £10M left and his salary is just £55K/wk so surely there's some club willing to pay a decent enough fee for him and also afford his wages. He may not be that well suited to a team that requires the keeper to play from the back with his feet but he'd definitely be a great pick for some top half team in one of the big leagues whose play style suits him.

13 minutes ago, Jype said:

Mount is also predominantly a central midfielder while Havertz is a forward/winger/no10 or whatever the hell he even is so why should their goal contribution numbers even be up for comparison? If anything, the numbers you posted just confirm Mount is a much better player of the two because they have basically the same end product but Mount is also much better at pressing etc. while Havertz does virtually fuck all when he doesn't get the goal contributions. 

It's also been debunked by lots of sources (ie. Matt Law) that he's demanding a £300K/wk salary for his extension. Will probably still be more than £200K if James' salary is anything to go by but still way less than the reports in the media?

Mount also cost the club £0 while Havertz cost £70M. Havertz on £150K/wk and £14M a year in amortisation is way more expensive for the club than Mount would be even if he did get the £300K/wk.

Again you guys are worshipping Mount when it's pretty obvious he isn't much better than Havertz overall.

Havertz 2021 rating PL 7.24 CL 7.42

Mount 2021 rating PL 7.69 CL 7.12

Havertz 2022 rating PL 7.23 CL 7.16

Mount 2022 rating PL  6.69 CL  7.24

They are very close in rating everything included tackles, passes completed, etc.

As for Matt Law debunking that number you think 260k is any better? Same shit, again why should Mount receive star wages when he is a squad player? Anything above 150k and 200k with performances is an absolute rip off, it looks like Mason wants to take the club to the cleaners with his demands either way otherwise would've been settled long ago by now.

16 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Again you guys are worshipping Mount when it's pretty obvious he isn't much better than Havertz overall.

Havertz 2021 rating PL 7.24 CL 7.42

Mount 2021 rating PL 7.69 CL 7.12

Havertz 2022 rating PL 7.23 CL 7.16

Mount 2022 rating PL  6.69 CL  7.24

They are very close in rating everything included tackles, passes completed, etc.

As for Matt Law debunking that number you think 260k is any better? Same shit, again why should Mount receive star wages when he is a squad player? Anything above 150k and 200k with performances is an absolute rip off, it looks like Mason wants to take the club to the cleaners with his demands either way otherwise would've been settled long ago by now.

You didn't read his post did you? 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I've been dreading this possibility. And this won't be Mourinho or Conte when they normally go into meltdown 

It will. Tuchel has fallen out with every board he's been at. Imagine penny pinching Levy. 

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

You didn't read his post did you? 🤣🤣

I did read his post, Havertz does fuck all while Mount pulls tree but the ratings shows they have similar impact during the last 2 seasons.

No wonder he won player of the year 2 times in a row if guys like you voted for him.