Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Second fiddle? He was younger when he came 29 or 30, but he was one of the first names on the team sheet:

2008/09 - 37 pl app

2009/10 - 33 pl app

2010/11 - 32 pl app

And I guess in the modern game age is less of an issue thanks to physical training. Just look at how many examples there are of players over 32 around Europe's best teams. 

Yes, second fiddle. Fair enough, in 08-09 he won the lowest scoring golden boot competition and helped us out when Drogba was unavailable.

But when we returned to trophy winning form in the next season, Anelka was pushed out into the right wing., so that Drogba could play in the center and take on goalscoring burden.

I'm not dismissing Anelkas efforts. I'm just saying that he wasn't the main man because we had superior goal scoring players in the squad. He instead took on an unselfish role to help setup the teams attack.

Aubameyang is coming here with the expectation of taking on most of our goal scoring burden. 

20 minutes ago, Kong said:

He scored 92 goals in 163 games for arsenal, he's also scored 13 goals in 24 games for Barcelona. Say want u want about this guy, but he knows exactly where the back of the net is.

And Lukaku does not?

The same one who was dubbed as "the king of milan". Auba's goals at Barca mean nothing. Their play style is significantly different, their chance creation is different, the amount of space and the quality of defenders you face. 

Buying auba is the level of foolishness that we could do. It is similar to buying higuain under sarri, luckily we had a heirarchy and people with balls to say "No" to the manager at that point of time.

What worries me about Auba is how his presence may hurt our pressing -similar to what happened with lukaku.

werner was a diff issue. His pressing was excellent, but he never really improved his finishing with us and sterling was signed.

if Auba wasn’t good enough for Arteta, he shouldn’t be good enough for tuchel given the same requirements regarding high pressing. 

28 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

And Lukaku does not?

The same one who was dubbed as "the king of milan". Auba's goals at Barca mean nothing. Their play style is significantly different, their chance creation is different, the amount of space and the quality of defenders you face. 

Buying auba is the level of foolishness that we could do. It is similar to buying higuain under sarri, luckily we had a heirarchy and people with balls to say "No" to the manager at that point of time.

I like how you have completely dismissed the 92 goals for arsenal and based your whole point on the 13 at Barca lmao 

3 minutes ago, Kong said:

I like how you have completely dismissed the 92 goals for arsenal and based your whole point on the 13 at Barca lmao 

How many goals did Lukaku scored in PL? Do you know that? Can you write that down?

And yes, i will dismiss his performances at the age of 30 because this is a striker who thrived on pace. Do you know the first thing that declines post 30?

Your problem with the whole scenario is your dismissive attitude. I gave my opinion based on sound reasoning and you acted like it was blasphemy. And now all you are doing is changing goal posts when I have proven that Lukaku had a better record in the PL compared to the striker we are looking to get. Stop floundering and accept it for once. 

4 minutes ago, Kong said:

He must of forgot we actually bought him lol 

We "bought" him? Really? 😂😂

Seems like i am not the one in need of a refresher course about CFC lad.

Lol indeed. You sure ain't have a good day, are you?

Edited by blahblahblah

3 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Point?

Did we buy him on the insistence of the manager? Or did we safeguard ourselves with a 6 month loan to see if he was actually up for it? 

we never bought him (thank fuck), but we did an insanely expensive loan + salary deal that cost us around £16.5m in toto for 6 months

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we never bought him (thank fuck), but we did an insanely expensive loan + salary deal that cost us around £16.5m in toto for 6 months

Fair.

Though I won't mind such a deal for auba. We can take on his wages for a year and 7-8m in fees. It's definitely way better than this 30m fees and wages for 3 years. Think about having him when he is 36years old. 

Unbelievable how we are been duped. Ideally we should be no where near auba

Edited by blahblahblah

Ideally we would have signed Haaland , auba is an upgrade of Werner and I don’t care about the fee isn’t my money. As a change he will be a good player for one year .After one year he would be a good choice for our bench .