Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Nick Candy knew something was up with Goldstein, he refused to join the consortium because of him

would have SO much rather have had Candy than him

plus Candy wanted to do the Roman stadium, not some hodgepodge slap job

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nick Candy knew something was up with Goldstein, he refused to join the consortium because of him

would have SO much rather have had Candy than him

plus Candy wanted to do the Roman stadium, not some hodgepodge slap job

There's a reason why Candy didn't get past the initial bid process and it's because his bid quite clearly wasn't strong enough.

He knows exactly what to say to Chelsea fans because he is one. That doesn't mean he's a top candidate for the role of owner. To be honest, my preference is a non Chelsea fan who can look at things with an impartial view without blinkers on. Candy was already quoted saying he wouldn't have sacked Lampard and appointed Tuchel.

If he wanted to do the Roman stadium, where is he raising that amount of money because he doesn't have anything close to that himself?

If Boehly/Clearlake manage to get the capacity increased to something around say 55,000 and are able to renovate it without the club moving away for years on end, that's significantly better than a brand new stadium we have to wait half a decade or more for. The idea Roman had simply is no longer feasible for the club.

On a different note

@Vesper what do you think about Amine Gouiri? Looks like a quick, technically very polished all action striker maybe a mix between Jesus and Muriel. Great team player assists as much as he scores. Not sure about his pressing and overall size but is young enough to work on both. Apparently PSG want to sign him for less than 40m euros which is a reasonably price.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There's a reason why Candy didn't get past the initial bid process and it's because his bid quite clearly wasn't strong enough.

He knows exactly what to say to Chelsea fans because he is one. That doesn't mean he's a top candidate for the role of owner. To be honest, my preference is a non Chelsea fan who can look at things with an impartial view without blinkers on. Candy was already quoted saying he wouldn't have sacked Lampard and appointed Tuchel.

If he wanted to do the Roman stadium, where is he raising that amount of money because he doesn't have anything close to that himself?

If Boehly/Clearlake manage to get the capacity increased to something around say 55,000 and are able to renovate it without the club moving away for years on end, that's significantly better than a brand new stadium we have to wait half a decade or more for. The idea Roman had simply is no longer feasible for the club.

you are mis-understanding

I am not talking about him a the principal owner

I am talking about his looking to join the consortium led by Boehly, AFTER his own bid failed

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

On a different note

@Vesper what do you think about Amine Gouiri? Looks like a quick, technically very polished all action striker maybe a mix between Jesus and Muriel. Great team player assists as much as he scores. Not sure about his pressing and overall size but is young enough to work on both. Apparently PSG want to sign him for less than 40m euros which is a reasonably price.

I had him on the expansive lists, but I was never fully sold (yet, I surely could be)

he certainly would be FAR better than Auba

I was just kind of holding back to see what he did this season

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you are mis-understanding

I am not talking about him a the principal owner

I am talking about his looking to join the consortium led by Boehly, AFTER his own bid failed

Pretty certain he was never asked to join and there was never an intention from Boehly to take him in. 

I believe Candy said that about Goldstein when it was put to him if he'd join any other bids, or specifically Boehly's. 

As far as I'm aware he never rejected them because he was never asked.

50 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To be honest, this Casadei kid were apparently crazy about getting doesn’t look like anything special at all from what I’m watching. Doesn’t look like some wonderkid or future superstar. Not even remotely as impressive as the other young midfielder we just signed.

a little harsh I think

at this point in his career I rate him enough for us to take a punt on him

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Pretty certain he was never asked to join and there was never an intention from Boehly to take him in. 

I believe Candy said that about Goldstein when it was put to him if he'd join any other bids, or specifically Boehly's. 

As far as I'm aware he never rejected them because he was never asked.

I obviously was not privy to the private talks, but I am sure contact was made one way or another, at least on an informal basis.

I am sure if that happened he was told that there was zero chance Goldstein would not be involved, and so he ended it there

proof (as it may be, it is up to people to accept this or not, but this is Sports Illustrated, the biggest sporting magazine in the US)

Nick Candy Discussed Joining Swiss-American Consortium to Buy Chelsea FC

https://www.si.com/soccer/Chelsea/news/nick-candy-discussed-joining-swiss-american-consortium-to-buy-Chelsea-fc

Chelsea fan and British billionaire Nick Candy has discussed joining the Swiss-American consortium involving Todd Boehly, Jonathan Goldsteng and Hansjorg Wyss to purchase the Club from Roman Abramovich, according to reports.

This comes after the Russian was sanctioned but the UK Government gave the green light for Raine Group to continue the sale.

As per Sky News, rival bidders have discussed coming together to form a 'super consortium'.

The report states that talks have been initiated between Candy and the consortium involving Boehly, Goldstein and Wyss regarding joining together to purchase the club.

The two parties have been recently recognised by the Government as 'serious contenders' to purchase the club.

Wyss and Boehly, who are now also believed to be joined by Goldstein, are one of those named, with British businessman and Chelsea fan Candy also mentioned.

This would have given them a huge advantage and if they join together they could form a 'super consortium' to take charge of Chelsea.

Candy was present at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon for their Premier League win against Newcastle United, and was also believed to have had a private meeting with Marina Granovskaia and Bruce Buck after the game.

It was previously reported that the Boehly-Wyss consortium are still looking for partners despite submitting a bid for the Club.

This comes after the party made a bid of £2.5 billion to Raine Group.

The Raine Group, who are overseeing the process, expect that the sale could be finalised by the end of the month after setting a deadline for bids of March 18.

It was revealed on Monday that the Saudi Media Group have made a bid of £2.7 billion for the club.

This could have scared other parties into looking for alternative plans to force through a move, including coming together to bid.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I had him on the expansive lists, but I was never fully sold (yet, I surely could be)

he certainly would be FAR better than Auba

I was just kind of holding back to see what he did this season

Not sold on him either but you can not deny the ability being there. France has historically been a more precise market for PL than say Italy or Germany. Other than PSG I think it is in general more difficult to score there than in those two.

I would honestly much rather take a punt on guys like Gouiri, N'Dicka, Maehle who are reasonably priced, promising and might very well be good enough than on like Auba, gordon and to some extent Fofana who we know are not good enough yet/anymore.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nick Candy Discussed Joining Swiss-American Consortium to Buy Chelsea FC

Only basing my own assumptions on this and Matt Law seemed to be the media mouthpiece or certainly the one ITK on these shores with regards to Boehly/Clearlake and their bid throughout.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Only basing my own assumptions on this and Matt Law seemed to be the media mouthpiece or certainly the one ITK on these shores with regards to Boehly/Clearlake and their bid throughout.

Candy is a very aggressive go-getter, and a huge Chels fan, I simply cannot see him at least informally talking to what was seen as the strongest bid, especially after it became clear he was not going to win with his own consortium

but, like I said, there as ZERO chance Goldstein was going to be nudged out

especially as Goldstein and Boehly have had multiple deals in the past (which I showed in detail long ago)

In 2014, Goldstein co-founded Cain Hoy Enterprises with two other Guggenheim Partners alumni, Henry Silverman and Eldridge Industries chair Todd Boehly.

US investment group reveals interest in Tottenham

Spurs deny they are in takeover talks with any party but admit finance discussions with Cain Hoy

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/us-investment-group-reveals-interest-in-tottenham-1.1927276

18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

yes, not in talks because Candy said no way he would join in Goldstein was involved, and was told, nope, Goldstein is in for sure

that was as far as it went

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

yes, not in talks because Candy said no way he would join in Goldstein was involved, and was told, nope, Goldstein is in for sure

that was as far as it went

Candy was consortium shopping, he is all about leveraging up ising other people's money plus his own, it is how he became a multibillionaire himself (just not a big enough one to buy the club on his own, that is for sure)

He also was talking to the Sir Martin Broughton-fronted group

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12567505/Chelsea-sale-rival-bidders-discuss-coming-together-to-form-super-consortium