Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

where you saw that?

Talksport.com has been quoted.
Return of a legend?

Kasper Schmeichel would be open to a return to the Premier League with a number of clubs looking to bolster their goalkeeping ranks.

Schmeichel left Leicester City to join French club Nice in the summer of 2022 after an 11-year spell at the King Power Stadium, where he wrote his name in Foxes folklore by winning both the Premier League title and the FA

It seems it is more than a coincidence that Schmeichel, 37 and now playing for Anderlecht, gave an emotional interview earlier this month in which he admitted he never wanted to leave Leicester.

talkSPORT understands Sheffield United are among the top flight teams in the hunt for a new ‘keeper after a couple if high-profile mistakes from Wes Foderingham.

Chelsea and Newcastle are also currently without regular number ones Robert Sanchez and Nick Pope due to injury.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Probably because they got players to fit roles within Klopp's system rather than buying every midfielder and hoping they work together in Poch's system. 

I mentioned it before the season started, the lack of squad planning under Chelsea's new owners is pathetic.   Why did we need to sign Caicedo, Lavia and Ugo in the same window?   Surely some of that money could have been used to get a different profile of player for our attack...

I'd love to know the thinking behind some of the buys. Did they see other clubs going for them and thought ooo we should do the same? 

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Apparently we have opened talks to sign French CB Jean-Clair Todibo. Chelsea aren't happy with the current defence.

Spurs are also heavily interested in him too.

Never heard of him personally.

A very good ball-playing CB that was previously at Barcelona. It seemed like he was on his way to United after Spurs turned their attention to Drăgușin. 

I'd personally prefer us to go after something with a bit more experience. tbh.

8 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Are we really looking at Kasper Schmeichel?

They were saying that in the summer too I am sure. Yeah was a good GK but probably past it for the level we want. Sanchez no use either.

Re: Jean-Clair Todibo - could be a good signing.

He’s 24 years old, has around 3 full seasons worth of games at Nice, few caps for France, brings height, certainly fits the profile of players we should be looking at more than the 16-21 year olds we are seemingly insistent on buying. Probably is ready to make that next step. Although Fofana, Disasi, Silva, Badiashile, Colwill… have enough bodies there unless we were to get rid of 1 maybe 2 of them. 

I think Spurs or United will be ahead of us in the cue though for the lad as they need CBs urgently. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

22 hours ago, Mário César said:

Nah

He also have a picture with barcelona kit

The two clubs that he played last year 

Yep typical stupid fans social media accounts. One photo from when he was here and they put 2+2 together and get 81636

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Apparently we have opened talks to sign French CB Jean-Clair Todibo. Chelsea aren't happy with the current defence.

Spurs are also heavily interested in him too.

Never heard of him personally.

Give them Disasi in exchange, that guy sucks.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Give them Disasi in exchange, that guy sucks.

Yeah, I think we should look to move him on asap as he is average/poor in most areas of his game. Important to try and get rid before it becomes completely apprant. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I think we should look to move him on asap as he is average/poor in most areas of his game. Important to try and get rid before it becomes completely apprant. 

Tbf he hasn’t looked great but I think playing him Badiashile or Colwill as a pairing would be better as opposed to Poch using him as a right full back or with Silva. He isn’t a bad player for say and isn’t a particularly great one but first half v Palace him and Badiashile looked pretty comfortable together I thought. Struggled second half but the whole team did. Not completely given up on him but yes we have too many CBs if we sign the lad from Nice this window.

2 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

https://www.ntvspor.net/futbol/galatasaray-da-hakim-ziyech-le-yollar-ayrilabilir-6592b57963b1ce005a0259d2

Ziyech rumoured to have his loan terminated by Gala this month 😫

if you look up feckless cunt in the dictionary

you will find Ziyech

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf he hasn’t looked great but I think playing him Badiashile or Colwill as a pairing would be better as opposed to Poch using him as a right full back or with Silva. He isn’t a bad player for say and isn’t a particularly great one but first half v Palace him and Badiashile looked pretty comfortable together I thought. Struggled second half but the whole team did. Not completely given up on him but yes we have too many CBs if we sign the lad from Nice this window.

I also want to see a Badi and Colwill partnership at some point. I think that partnership has a lot of potential, even if it is likely to be raw in terms of game management. 

With Disasi, I will give him credit for getting on with the job and playing where required, however I just do not see any real quality with him. His habit of ball watching on crosses sends me crazy. From what I have seen, his level is that of a - at best - CB4 for a team wanting CL football. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I also want to see a Badi and Colwill partnership at some point. I think that partnership has a lot of potential, even if it is likely to be raw in terms of game management. 

With Disasi, I will give him credit for getting on with the job and playing where required, however I just do not see any real quality with him. His habit of ball watching on crosses sends me crazy. From what I have seen, his level is that of a - at best - CB4 for a team wanting CL football. 

I mean given the fact we are going to give virtually everyone relatively new we’ve got time, we may as well do the same and see what he does next season with Poch if we keep him. If he doesn’t do well second season he has to go though yes. I do think he will only be a squad player unless he does something drastic though - the improvement will have to be huge and not to mention if Silva goes in the summer (likely), he has to step up and demonstrate some leadership qualities (was captain at Monaco). 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I mean given the fact we are going to give virtually everyone relatively new we’ve got time, we may as well do the same and see what he does next season with Poch if we keep him. If he doesn’t do well second season he has to go though yes. I do think he will only be a squad player unless he does something drastic though - the improvement will have to be huge and not to mention if Silva goes in the summer (likely), he has to step up and demonstrate some leadership qualities (was captain at Monaco). 

Don’t understand the rumours that the board is trying to sign another CB

if anything we really need a full back, cover in midfield and a striker before we think of fresh CBs