Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

20 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Regarding Cherki, how's his work ethic? If he is to improve he must have that first.

I think there were reports he has an attitude problem. He reminds me of Ziyech I'm ngl. There's always a chance he could be our next Joe Cole but idk (who also needed some persuasion to help out better defensively). If the scouts want him I'll come around to giving him a shot.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Inter are structuring a £35m bid for Lukaku.... 

Just fuck off you cheeky cunts. 

For me it would be £45m or nothing.

Stop taking the piss now.

We are asking for £40m, they came up to £35m from their initial £25m and Lukaku is going to cut his wage. Just get it done, there is a deal there.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I’m really warming to the idea of Rayan Cherki after being iffy last week. Been watching more and more footage of him lately.

He has Hazard-like dribbling ability and is excellent at keeping the ball under pressure. Something we’ll really mid in the middle of the pitch with Kova leaving. The price would really reasonable for a player of his talent and age as well apparently.

Feels like it’s just 3rd tier and Twitter rando’s linking us with him at the moment sadly. He’s a player we could go and sign tomorrow with zero problem if we wanted to.

Lots of OL fans don't rate him. I've gone over the OL forums and all agree he has immense talent but lacks football brain and intelligence. A great deal wants to sell him. For me it is a huge red flag when your own fan base doubts your capacity of making it at the highest level. I don't know him enough to make up my own mind, but i'll trust their judgment, and i would be against this move.

So whats the plan here? Pre season tour around the corner and we only have 1 midfielder. Caicedo alone wont do it for us.. we need 1-2 more.

Or are we going to play Hall and Gallagher in midfield? 🤦‍♂️ 

Soon we are past the day, if we havent past it already, where all selling clubs will look at us and see a lonely Enzo and quote us £100m for every midfielder we might be interested in.

12 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

So whats the plan here? Pre season tour around the corner and we only have 1 midfielder. Caicedo alone wont do it for us.. we need 1-2 more.

Soon we are past the day, if we havent past it already, where all selling clubs will look at us and see a lonely Enzo and quote us £100m for every midfielder we might be interested in.

Pretty concerning, isn’t it? Imagine what happens to the entire team if Enzo or Caicedo gets injured. Or god forbid both at the same time. We’d have a midfield fit for a Championship team at this moment in time.

If Caicedo finally gets done this coming week (which it 100% has to so that he can fly with the squad here to the US) we need to instantly get to work on another midfielder. Maybe even 2 depending on what happens with loan moves for Santos & Casadei.

17 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

It depends on the formation. If 4231 then Caicedo, Enzo, and Nkunku behind the CF. If 433 then again Caicedo, Enzo, and Nkunku in midfield. We need depth for them. We have Santos and Carney, really lacking a real AM. They are young, but I would rather have a talented growing player than a declining player on tired legs. If Caicedo gets done we probably need one more if you are not counting Conor. Tbh, I am curious to see what Poch can do with Conor. At the moment I would say curiously pessimistic, but it could move to curiously optimistic quickly.

15 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Enzo, Santos, Casadei, Reece James, Hall… My gut tells me Enzo and Reece is a top 4 tier 2 in a 4-2-3-1 but it would be a huge risk given Reece injury record and hasn’t played there much.

I feel like we probably do Caicedo now and Poch takes a deep look at the others to decide if he needs another later in the window. If we don’t get Caicedo we go for a reasonably priced option and get it done very quickly, hopefully (K Thuram perhaps or any number of players that would be done quickly if we just put up 2/3rds of the Caicedo money)

Vlahović is one of those strikers where you love the tools and raw materials but he doesn’t maximize them on the pitch. Or at least he hasn’t since moving to Juve. When he was leaving Fiorentina every big club wanted him because it looked like he was going to be a sure fire superstar #9. But he has really underwhelmed. 

Having read a little more about him at Juve that’s not all down to him, tbf. Apparently Allegri’s coaching has been dire for a couple of years now and there has been quite a bit of dysfunction at that club lately. Iconic players getting super old and either retiring or leaving, key players like Chiesa missing so much time etc. Not to mention the off the pitch stuff.

So I guess at the age of 23 a coach like Poch still sees a potential diamond that can be polished. But he definitely doesn’t feel like a striker I’d be totally confident in.