Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bo

Both are losses on the books.

I remember @Vesper saying would be nearly impossible to get rid of KK because of his wages, I bet she's wetter than an otters pocket today.

Koulibaly off the books is amazing news, what an absolutely dreadful signing that was, one of our worst CB signings ever. Liked his personality and professionalism tho, he just fell off a cliff in terms of pace and couldn’t handle the league. 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

The fees are indeed underwhelming but given their wages and the small number of clubs willing to afford those it is in our best interest to cut our losses and get the free riders off the bill early. Had we rejected the Saudi offers, Ziyech or k2 would never have accepted to take a pay cut to go elsewhere and probably sat out their contracts here. Which in turn could have resulted in us being unable to shed out for Caicedo & friends resulting in another train wreck of a transfer window and season. 

Esp K2 is a huge relief as alluded before. What we paid for him was insane enough and pure, inexcusable stupidity. But what matters is that people learn and it looks like our owners eventually are learning. This ruthlessness of cutting half a dozen has-beens in a matter of days is something that has been missing for a while. 

26 minutes ago, Strike said:

True, but rather take a £14M one-off loss for the two of them put together and get a clean break with permanent moves.

For context, Ziyech and Koulibaly total cost on the books for last season was £37M (salary+amortisation) so even by taking a loss it's still £23M saved for the next financial year for two useless players. Even if we count in the costs of their replacements (Madueke, Colwill) it's still going to be a massive net saving.

Edited by Jype

Cucurella & Lukaku next please..Cucu seems a decent lad but noway our 2nd most expensive defender ever should be our 4th best left back.the belgian turd just needs to be flushed away.

Havertz i think will be somewhat more succesful in the way of personal stats but it is still shit the bed when it's time for the cum shot Arsenal.

I wonder if we can step up to a different bracket of player now that we’re receiving so much extra cash for our unwanted players. Maybe we really can go after the likes of Tonali & Barella instead of Onana & Lavia. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder if we can step up to a different bracket of player now that we’re receiving so much extra cash for our unwanted players. Maybe we really can go after the likes of Tonali & Barella instead of Onana & Lavia. 

I doubt if they will want to come to Chelsea and be sold off to Saudi in a years time!

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unfortunately, we'd probably be sanctioned by FFP if we pulled off Barella - Caicedo in the same transfer window as the other players we're trying to sign!

23 minutes ago, Stats said:

I officially have to change my favourite player now 😞

I think £25/30m for Kovacic is a steal. He is still in his 20s, a national team regular and oozes quality. Leicester got relegated and are quoting £50m for Barnes and Maddison and Maddison also has also 1 year left on his contract and they are quoting double the price. I think that is brilliant business for City tbh. We are short on CM as well. Struggled with injuries last season but on form, brilliant player to watch. Will miss him.

And that's why Leicester haven't received any real offers for either of them.   Every club out there knows that Barnes isn't worth 50 million, more like 25-30 million (on potential) and Maddison will also find it hard to move as the only 2 clubs being linked are Spurs/Newcastle....and they'll be looking for a bargain (similar reason as to why Raya hasn't joined Spurs as they want Brentford to lower the fee from 40 million).