Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I would love Mane if be still had something in the tank but he's absolutely finished at the top level.

Even as early as 20/21 some Liverpool fans I know were comparing his decline to Alexis Sanchez.

It’s weird, when Mané first left Liverpool fans were seemingly okay with it because he wasn’t pulling up trees towards the end of his time there. But during those months earlier in the season when Liverpool were down in the mud struggling with us I saw a lot of those same fans blaming the lack of Mané’s killer mentality and aggression for their woes.

He does seem like the kind of guy that has accomplished everything and doesn’t really have the fire anymore. Probably best to avoid.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s weird, when Mané first left Liverpool fans were seemingly okay with it because he wasn’t pulling up trees towards the end of his time there. But during those months earlier in the season when Liverpool were down in the mud struggling with us I saw a lot of those same fans blaming the lack of Mané’s killer mentality and aggression for their woes.

He does seem like the kind of guy that has accomplished everything and doesn’t really have the fire anymore. Probably best to avoid.

I actually think they got replacing Mane spot on and the decline of their results were nothing to do with losing him (midfield issues mainly).

Luis Diaz wouldn't have looked out of place competing against prime Mane let alone this version.

Edited by Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is reliable Argentinian journalist who was heavily involved in Enzo saga. 

Villa are flying and on the up. They’ll be thinking to themselves that they can pull a Newcastle next season and push for top 4. 

Zero chance they’d sell their star keeper who is a massive fan favorite. Martinez himself had some quotes I saw on Twitter in last week or two about how much he loved Villa and wasn’t thinking about leaving.

19 hours ago, Strike said:

Pure stupidity. Firstly - letting Jorginho go in January and potentially now Kovacic in the summer. Wait and see us drop 120m on Rice through desperation although for half the price he’s exactly what we need.

Premium quality MF players are going to be an issue to find so selling someone like Kova, particularly to City or United who will offer more £ than Bayern, would be so Boehly-Eghbali retarded its out of this world.

Also Emi Martinez no thanks - go and get a proper GK ffs. Not competent enough for a possession based team and also seems to be under the impression he is some sort of world class GK when in reality he was a bench warmer at several clubs for about 10 years.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Many of the Chelsea fan channels are reporting Mane to Chelsea is very close!!

What the...

To be fair none of the bigger reliable guys have reported. Nothing from Law, Romano and Co. 

In fairness I can see Gundo leaving City and being replaced by Kova, £20m or so. Rather he goes to Bayern or just anywhere abroad really, as he'd slot into City. You can for sure tell that his heart isn't in it lately, I imagine it's quite difficult to soldier on being on £100k a week.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pure stupidity. Firstly - letting Jorginho go in January and potentially now Kovacic in the summer. Wait and see us drop 120m on Rice through desperation although for half the price he’s exactly what we need.

Premium quality MF players are going to be an issue to find so selling someone like Kova, particularly to City or United who will offer more £ than Bayern, would be so Boehly-Eghbali retarded its out of this world.

Also Emi Martinez no thanks - go and get a proper GK ffs. Not competent enough for a possession based team and also seems to be under the impression he is some sort of world class GK when in reality he was a bench warmer at several clubs for about 10 years.

I think letting Jorginho go in January was the right move, unless you feel he should have been given a new contract. If we had been anywhere near challenging for the league with Arsenal then maybe it would have been more of a consideration but in our position as good as writing the league season off and having just signed Enzo, it was a good amount of money to bank on a 31 year old who would have been leaving on a free 6 months later.

Kova falls into a similarly difficult category with what to do with him next season. He'll be 30 during next season, has never had the best injury record and I don't think has played particularly well this season. With a year left on his contract, do you renew and look at keeping him here on a 3-4 year contract? Especially if Kante signs back up as we'll have two similarly aged, similarly injury prone players in the same position being relied upon. 

As a side note, there's also been a lot of talk that Kova doesn't want to sign a new contract and would like a new challenge anyway. With this in mind, it makes sense to sell now than let him leave on a free in a year's time. I understand the position the board are taking with this, especially when they walked through the door to see two players worth millions leaving on free transfers last summer. 

How much I now care about Kova leaving depends on the midfielder we bring in. If we get a top player in then I’m fine seeing him walk. Love him, think he’s brilliant when in form. But if we can get Lavia or Rice I think it’s a situation like Jorginho/Enzo where we’re getting a long term upgrade.

Like J5 it be annoying seeing him at a domestic rival but it’s not like he a match winner or gigantic difference maker who will haunt us like a striker or creative player.

On 08/05/2023 at 04:44, Clockwork said:

How has Aurélien Tchouaméni Played this season? I know most of you were disappointed we didn’t sign him.

he has played well but with the rise of Rodrygo as their prime RWer, Valverde (who often played winger) drops back to MF with the old heads Kroos and Modric in the big games, like most of the CL knockout stage so far

Camavinga, another superb MF player, has had to shift to fullback to get regular playing time (and has down amazingly well at LB, which has really staniled Real's left side)

I think Real always were the only team in the CL who could possibly knock off Citeh in a 2 leg tie as log as Benz is healthy, just due to their incredible Eiro cip record, drive, talent, and experience

I still expect Citeh to beat them in Manchester, but zero shock if Real somehow get to the final, where either Citeh or Real will destroy either Milan side, IMHO

there is some chatter that IF Bellingham does indeed fo to Real (they are the clear frontrunners atm) that maybe, mayve Tchou will be sold, bit I so so doubt that as Kroos and Modric simply cannot go on forever

Real are the one great team who do not really use an AMF system (Valverde is the closest they have but he far more often plays as a CMF or a winger)

IF Bellingham does go there, and they keep Tchou, they easily have the best MF on the planet, especially for 2023/04, as I expect that Kroos and Modric stay for at least one more season

Real will have 2 of the up 3 over 30yo MFers still in Kroos and Modric (the 3rd is of course De Bruyne, but he is an AMF, not a CMF nor a trad DMF nor a deep holding DMF)

then as for 30yo and younger non AMF MFers

they would have all the top ones except for 4 (Barca's Pedri and Gavi, plus Kimmich and then, a wee bit down, Barella):

Bellingham

Valverde

Tchou

Camavinga

the only other top top (at the level of all those players listed above on any team) MFers left, who I have not yet listed so far are all AMFs:

Musiala

Wirtz

Bernardo Silva 

and (although he is more of an SS so I hesitate to include him), a HEALTHY Nkunku

bottom line

I do not think Real sell Tchou, and I do think they get Bellingham, so Real will be fucking loaded at MF

I think the only MF players of any type (assuming Real does pull Bellingham) that the insanely spoilt Real fans look out and say, damn, I would so wish he also had them are these 4:

(De Bruyne, but he would necessitate a change in their playing structure, although if he was younger (he turns 33 right after next season ends) they might do) plus 3 who would not really entail a change like that: Kimmich, Gavi, and Pedri (and the last two are hated as they are Barca, lolol, BUT zero chance Real would turn them down IF they had a way to get the, which they do not)

They would take Barella I am sure IF they truly craved him, but I do not see that 'he is a top 1 or 2 2 target for a window' level in the past nor the present. Kimmich would be a perfect Modric deep holding replacement, but he is Bayern for life, I think, or at least until he is too old to be truly still at Real level as a full time starter (he has around 4 more seasons at that level IMHO, as I do not see him as Modric freak level older MF player, in terms of MFs Modric is atm one of kind).