Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Putting aside children, furious with TB not buying their favorite FIFA players and the new wave of good weather fans, I think people are upset with the fact that TB was bought by fans by promising thoughtful vision, something we lacked very had late-Roman, meanwhile the transfer business is just as all over the place mess as it was, just more expensive and no sign of some coherent vision, add Potter with also apparently no particular vision and here we are. TB promised to deliver the smartness and effectiveness we all craved, so far all but it.

This is even worse kind of people than Twitter attention seekers; Either say what you know or say nothing.

Or say a little to let the toxic Chelsea fans which there are alot of, no it isn't exactly what u idiots think? 

34 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Or say a little to let the toxic Chelsea fans which there are alot of, no it isn't exactly what u idiots think? 

I may be somewhat toxic Chelsea fan myself, but I don't really know what should I make out of his statement. Doubt there was some dressing room abuse, as most players seemed genuinely surprised and upset with his sacking. Frictions with Boehly wouldn't be surprising from TT and TB actually explained his sacking with some form of it. I doubt TT was stealing staples and toilet paper from the club, but if there was some moral/discipline stuff going on, he already said too much, because "I know something and I'm saying this, but ask Boehly if he wants to speak about it" is bit of internally contradictive statement. Otherwise seems like talking for sake of talking.

33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Felix? wtf we have that exact same player type over and over.

We need a proper CF and RB not another lame attacker who can't run fast and only scores a goal every blue moon.

Actually I think the problem has been bottling the false 9 system for "proper Centre forwards", first Lukaku now Auba.

We were building some serious momentum in TTs first half season with Havertz at centre forward and we threw it away.

Compare that to Klopp who straight away identified Firmino as his false 9/CF and had the courage of his convictions to stick with it even when he was being laughed at.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Actually I think the problem has been bottling the false 9 system for "proper Centre forwards", first Lukaku now Auba.

We were building some serious momentum in TTs first half season with Havertz at centre forward and we threw it away.

Compare that to Klopp who straight away identified Firmino as his false 9/CF and had the courage of his convictions to stick with it even when he was being laughed at.

false 9 is a hoax mostly. Kai was alright for a time bc he played like a proper striker. Firmino dropped into midfield at times like Kane does but is by trade also a striker. More recently Liverpool have gone back to a classic no.9 in Darwin.

the problem with Lukaku was that he wanted to play more facing goal and not like a classic target man. And Auba is just shit.

Only prime Barcelona and spain were able to successfully and consistently employ a false no.9. But these times are long over. The most successful teams use proper strikers, Bayern had Lewa, now they look much worse without him, Barca are improved, City failed to win CL without a proper striker for years now they are gonna win it with Haaland, Real have their most important player in Benzema. False 9 is dead.

But Felix is not good enough anyway. This is once more a desperate shotgun aim of a transfer, another failure in the making by an incompetent board advised by a manager out of his depth.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Don’t sign a midfielder this month, PLEASE Chelsea. Since Enzo is off the table do NOT go and settle for our 3rd or 4th choice alternative. That’s how we’re in this mess right now as it is. Settling instead of waiting for the right player.

So what wait to the summer and miss out on him all together? And not sign a MFer?

I love how optimistic people are to still think we have a chance of getting him at all now. We made an arse of it - Benfica will not negotiate with us unless we pay €120mn and I would imagine that come the summer they will willingly be awkward with us, even more so considering the fact that the player will have multiple choices.

I would like to think the club has some sort of contingency plan - although to be fair, I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Not his fault that all these supposedly top class players he spend a fortune on have all been poor simultaneously.

Of course those shit buys were his fault

Wesley Fofana was off all my lists ever since his bad leg break
Marc Cucurella was never on my lists, I made fun of him when he was linked to us in La Liga days
Raheem Sterling we so overpaid, he was never in my newer winger targets
Kalidou Koulibaly he came of my lists 2 years ago or so, due to his age and the money if would take to bring him (we just dropped £95m on him over the next 4 years, ffs)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  never wanted him recently, not since Dortmund days

around £510-515m (counting fees, add-ons, and salary) committed for those 5 players

half a billion quid

fucking madness

I warned on all of those non youth transfers

I am hopeful about Badiashile

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Of course those shit buys were his fault

Wesley Fofana was off all my lists ever since his bad leg break
Marc Cucurella was never on my lists, I made fun of him when he was linked to us in La Liga days
Raheem Sterling we so overpaid, he was never in my newer winger targets
Kalidou Koulibaly he came of my lists 2 years ago or so, due to his age and the money if would take to bring him (we just dropped £95m on him over the next 4 years, ffs)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  never wanted him recently, not since Dortmund days

around £510-515m (counting fees, add-ons, and salary) committed for those 5 players

half a billion quid

fucking madness

I warned on all of those non youth transfers

I am hopeful about Badiashile

I am absolutely convinced both Fofana and Cucu will be very good Chelsea players long term. Not worried in the least about either at this moment.

Sterling may not turn out to be the world class wide player we were all hoping he would be but I think he’ll at least be very good.

Koulibaly was coming off of a Team of the Season level year at Napoli from what we were told. The contract length we gave him was a mistake but signing a veteran CB to combine with young ones like Fofana and Chalobah seemed like a no brainer at the time. Nobody could have foreseen him being THIS big of a letdown.

Auba is the only truly unforgivable and stupid move. Totally desperate signing that raised every red flag.

Are people really trying to pretend that Joao Felix technical ability and creativity are not far superior than anyone we have who plays in our midfield or attack? Before he went to Atletico I remember people in here ready to give their left nut to have him in our team.

"Before he went to Atletico" may be a key here. Like with boatloads of those loud players, who proved mediocre at best after getting their big move. After all it comes down to the fact we already have players of similar profiles, it's not most burning hole to plug + he is just expensive to have for 6 months

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

"Before he went to Atletico" may be a key here. Like with boatloads of those loud players, who proved mediocre at best after getting their big move. After all it comes down to the fact we already have players of similar profiles, it's not most burning hole to plug + he is just expensive to have for 6 months

Just like any talented or skillful player system matters. Atletico play ultra defensive and counter attacking football. When he's able to be more expressive he's still a very good player

6 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Are people really trying to pretend that Joao Felix technical ability and creativity are not far superior than anyone we have who plays in our midfield or attack? Before he went to Atletico I remember people in here ready to give their left nut to have him in our team.

Sometimes it doesn’t work out or sometimes people get overly excited. Which I think was the case with Felix initially - although no doubt there is a good player in there - he’s never really set the world alight compared to that one year in Benfica. Another inconsistent player. Be interesting to see how it works out.

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So what wait to the summer and miss out on him all together? And not sign a MFer?

I love how optimistic people are to still think we have a chance of getting him at all now. We made an arse of it - Benfica will not negotiate with us unless we pay €120mn and I would imagine that come the summer they will willingly be awkward with us, even more so considering the fact that the player will have multiple choices.

I would like to think the club has some sort of contingency plan - although to be fair, I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t.

Yeahhh it isn't happening. If a club comes along with a more appealing look to them which at this stage won't take much...and if wants to play champions league we won't have that either.