Real Madrid vs Chelsea

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lol and if we conceded most of us would be blaming Tuchel for defending the lead instead of forcing a 4th. His only mistake was keeping RLC on for so much but outside that hard to blame him for anything else.

Why would you blame a manager with a one goal lead going defensive against Real Madrid nearing the 80th minute? They're not a great team but they still have special players if you give them too much space. 

Tuchel made a lot of great decisions tonight, waiting for subs and to go defensive was not one of them. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That passing back and forth from midfield to defence to GK the last 30 seconds genuinely sums Jorginho up as a player. 

Now we can see why he didn't play much. When you press him he's lost, he isn't quick enough to hold up the ball and just passes the ball back. 

Just now, Blues11 said:

Now we can see why he didn't play much. When you press him he's lost, he isn't quick enough to hold up the ball and just passes the ball back. 

it is time to move on from Kante (other than a spot player and limit his minutes) and Jorginho

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That passing back and forth from midfield to defence to GK the last 30 seconds genuinely sums Jorginho up as a player. 

and his failed shot.

You can see why he was not started. Might be the end of the road for him.

And even kante was not the force he once was. With a prime kante we win this 3-0.

Don’t think Real Madrid will be able to live with City’s relentless nature if they couldn’t really live with ours for much of tonight. They should batter RM. But City are notorious chokers in the CL so who knows.

I said the other day that this was probably City’s year finally, but now I think Liverpool have to be strong favorites due to the draw. Villareal have done extraordinarily well to get past Bayern but I think Liverpool with their unrelenting pressure will easily get past them.

Just now, Milan said:

Can we please at least win the freaking FA Cup now?

finish 3rd and win the FA Cup and I am very happy with the season

the only 2 huge gut shots them would be this tie (and yes, I do think we would have lost to Citeh in the semis) and the League Cup final loss to Pool

plus the whole Roman thing (which is bigger than anything)

One more word about Pulisic - what the hell was his performance? With Saul and Jorginho we know what we are getting. But Pulisic? An absolutely useless player these days who does absolutely nothing for the team. Can't get past players, extremely weak and misses chances. Werner at least puts in a shift.

TT put a great eleven, but horrible, horrible changes.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

If we get to the final and don't win it for what would be the  3rd time in a row we should have a break for a year.

and no shot to finally win the CS again in August (we finish a horrific 2 wins, 7 losses in it under Roman)

1 minute ago, Milan said:

One more word about Pulisic - what the hell was his performance? With Saul and Jorginho we know what we are getting. But Pulisic? An absolutely useless player these days who does absolutely nothing for the team. Can't get past players, extremely weak and misses chances. Werner at least puts in a shift.

TT put a great eleven, but horrible, horrible changes.

he just will never be the player many thought he would be (I said from the start he was marketing buy, and took a pasting for it)

at least not here, with us

Anyway, Tuchel has surely put Chelsea back on the football map, European-wise. CL, WC winners, tonight's match will be talked about a lot. Sometimes is goes your way, sometimes it doesn't but it is great to be back in the mix and be counted with in a serious matter.