Real Madrid vs Chelsea

8 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

Now we can see why he didn't play much. When you press him he's lost, he isn't quick enough to hold up the ball and just passes the ball back. 

Yup. Isn't quick in transition when pressed. And even when he does have free space forward, he doesn't have the speed to bring the ball up. 

We desperately need a new DM. Keep Jorginho as a backup. 

We had tons of chances to score more or concede less in 2 games. Just so many mistakes and choke moments 
can’t blame anyone but ourselves 

collectively we were very good but individually we were actually quite poor. Mendy, RLC, Rom, Alonso, Kante, Ziyech, Saul, Jorginho all poor in either  game 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

It’s imperative that we sign a wide attacker with killer instinct. Far too many 1 in 5 sort of wingers in our current squad. 

Imparative we sign backup wingbacks. The fact we took Real to extra time with bloody Alonso and RLC shows how great Tuchel is as a tactician. 

Also, there is no shame going out against Real Madrid. Yeah I am super upset because we could have managed it better, but I would hate it more if we went out against City or Liverpool.

That's why I am dreading the potential FA Cup final - just the thought of losing a tie to them makes my blood boil.

Edited by Milan

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Imparative we sign backup wingbacks. The fact we took Real to extra time with bloody Alonso and RLC shows how great Tuchel is as a tactician. 

This. We bet our entire season on RJ and Chilwell staying fit and fresh for 10 months and 65 games, spent 100m on Lukaku instead. horrific business

Anyway, at least we will see the 2 best sides in the world in the CL final again just like last year.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s imperative that we sign a wide attacker with killer instinct. Far too many 1 in 5 sort of wingers in our current squad. 

we MUST keep Rudiger

he is the beating heart and soul of our warrior spirit

it is why I dislike RLC

he is a pussyklaat at heart

Amazing performance from the lads. We needed this game to be a perfect game for us to the T to get through. The fact that people thought we were finished after the first leg and Real were about to stroll thought when in fact they barely scraped through.. showed how well we played tonight.

One of the things im proud of is the mentality and the maturity shown by our young players. This is an experience they can hopefully look back on and learn from.

We move on.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This. We bet our entire season on RJ and Chilwell staying fit and fresh for 10 months and 65 games, spent 100m on Lukaku instead. horrific business

Anyway, at least we will see the 2 best sides in the world in the CL final again just like last year.

if (and it very likely will be) it is Pool v Citeh

and all players are healthy

I have NO clue who wins that

IF Ruben Dias is still out (he will be back, 99% barring a new or recurrent injury) slightest of edges to Pool

when healthy, neither team has any real weaknesses at all, plus crazy depth and top 10 on planet (overall) players

Vinicious is their good player and Benzema, Modric of course.
The rest are not that great, for this level.
Some credit for Courtois who saved the 4-0 from Mount.
They should n't have a chance against City but Villareal can to it again.

The FA Cup final is in the middle of the season AGAIN. 14th May right after our trip to fkin Leeds. I hate this. why is it not at the end of the season where it belongs. Let's hope we have top 4 wrapped up by then.

At least we now have more rest than dippers/shitty before we play them in the final.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The FA Cup final is in the middle of the season AGAIN. 14th May right after our trip to fkin Leeds. I hate this. why is it not at the end of the season where it belongs. Let's hope we have top 4 wrapped up by then.

At least we now have more rest than dippers/shitty before we play them in the final.

Plus they will be fighting for the League title and probably in the CL final. The FA Cup will be much more important to us, if we get to the final. Hopefully it goes our way this time.

22 minutes ago, Kunka21 said:

player like pulisic should never play for Chelsea again he is complete disaster player ,,, cant even catch modric with 35 years let dribble or shot 

Said it before and will say it again.

Finishing aside Hudson Odoi is clear of him.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if (and it very likely will be) it is Pool v Citeh

and all players are healthy

I have NO clue who wins that

IF Ruben Dias is still out (he will be back, 99% barring a new or recurrent injury) slightest of edges to Pool

when healthy, neither team has any real weaknesses at all, plus crazy depth and top 10 on planet (overall) players

If their meetings in the league this season are anything to go by it should be one of the greatest finals.

Credit where it is due, that rivalry has shaped an era. Just like ours with ManU in the 00s and early 10s.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

let's not auto assume we smash Palace

yes, we will be huge favourites, but anything can happen and we are SHIT are Wembley

I am just trying to not get too cocky

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

let's not auto assume we smash Palace

yes, we will be huge favourites, but anything can happen and we are SHIT are Wembley

I am just trying to not get too cocky

We shouldn't go in there thinking we've already won but Palace's press is entirely dependent on Gallagher. We should suffocate them. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Said it before and will say it again.

Finishing aside Hudson Odoi is clear of him.

Mate, he really isn't. 

I went back and looked, are arguably

IF Real Madrid somehow win the CL thus year

I think you have to go all the way back to 1986 Steaua București to find a team with a worse set of CB's on their roster

several teams maybe close, but that would be the first (and one of the few ever) you could say that of

these would be the (along with this RM side) the other 4 worst (all bunched up too)

81840bcbf4b6efd94e3c913ada0b8a59.png

29bc797a4f837904631446b8d1f289c7.png

ironically, the greatest set is in the middle of that

f0570baa9ed92477f01f1ee739a83452.png

and the greatest AC Milan side ever, 1991–92 (the unbeaten 'Gli invincibili'  who maybe were the greatest single season team in history, along with the 2010-11 Barca side) was banned from the European Cup because of the 'lights out' quarterfinal where they walked off in the 1990-91 EC, or they may have won it 4 straight years (or at least 3 out of 4)

Edited by Vesper