WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

44 minutes ago, lucio said:

Everyone was saying richarlison was shit in the summer when we was linked 

well, he has hardy set Spuds on fire

a brace v Marseille in the CL back almost 3 months ago ( 2 headers)

but then zero other goals in 700 minutes in all the rest of the games all comps

and, look at his teammates on Brasil

streets ahead of our side, streets ahead of any other national team on the planet (other than fullbacks, and even there, when I say weakness, it is all relative, as most other World Cup sides would kill for the Brasil fullbacks)

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, he has hardy set Spuds on fire

a brace v Marseille in the CL back almost 3 months ago ( 2 headers)

but then zero other goals in 700 minutes in all the rest of the games all comps

and, look at his teammates on Brasil

streets ahead of our side, streets ahead of any other national team on the planet (other than fullbacks, and even there, when I say weakness, it is all relative, as most other World Cup sides would kill for the Brasil fullbacks)

The fullbacks are indeed a weakness and some even have suggested moving militao to RB as a defensive minded rb.

the strength in depth is there, but I think Neymar is still too frail at this level and struggles in physical games like today… same in CL.

not taking anything away from that Richarlison goal—incredible technique!

Edited by robsblubot

I was hoping some of our international players (Mendy, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech) would have a turn around in form during the tournament, and bring that back after the break..

But no, they've still been awful. And it doesn't look good for when they come back.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

This 20 minutes sums up exactly why I think Rice will be a disaster unless we dumb down our system.

He's literally hiding behind USA players in the first phase build up.

I noticed it too. Exactly what we don't need and basically already have.

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

I noticed it too. Exactly what we don't need and basically already have.

For all Jorginho's faults he always makes himself avaliable for a pass in the build up even if he's tightly marked himself, Rice was actively hiding behind opponents.

It's absolutely maddening how not even two years after we broke our transfer record for such an obvious stylistical mismatch I'm paranoid we're going to do the exact same thing again.

England are in pole position despite pain in the eye.
All they have to do is draw against Wales.
Given they don't lose to Wales, the only possibility of finishing second in the group is if Iran beat USA (Iran tops the group !).
But unless today's performance was by design they are horrible.

15 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

England are in pole position despite pain in the eye.
All they have to do is draw against Wales.
Given they don't lose to Wales, the only possibility of finishing second in the group is if Iran beat USA (Iran tops the group !).
But unless today's performance was by design they are horrible.

It's more than pain in the eye, it was a pathetic performance.  How does a team with so much talent not even try to attack the opposition? 

It was like the tactical instruction before the game was: "play it safe, pass it sideways and backwards".  

England were just lucky that USA didn't have another gear in attack, could of easily been a loss today. 

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I was hoping some of our international players (Mendy, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech) would have a turn around in form during the tournament, and bring that back after the break..

But no, they've still been awful. And it doesn't look good for when they come back.

Feel like Pulisic has actually done relatively well on the LW for USA in both games, shame they don't have a solid striker up top...