WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

Netherlands was and is the far better side... normal result for me. Mendy is also just showcasing his current poor form.

Pulisic is definitely carrying his poor Chelsea form over to the WC. I have a hard time criticizing him though, because he's one of the few lucid players in that team.

Watching commentary here in the US is funny: they talk about players with energy "who are all over the place" as if that was the key to win... and yet they can't do simple one twos with Pulisic. Also, not a word on that ridiculous penalty on Bale... the US defender clearly does not know what sport he's playing. 🙂 

Second half showcases how important strength in depth is.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Awful Awful second half.

Did lucky to hold on to the draw. I think long as we beat Iran it should be enough to go through.

I Hope Iran Beat the US,because i dont Like the actual Situation ,that the West want to make Politic with  WorldCup. 

The best final would be Messi vs Ronaldo 

Bit annoyed at the vast pundits, out in Qatar, heavily criticising Qatar for their cultures and laws (although the culture and law is an absolute shambles and the discrimination and human rights out there are a joke).

Talk about hypocrisy at its finest, their getting paid to be there. Surely a bigger statement would be not to go - send a real message. Everyone of them from Gary Neville to Rio Ferdinand to Alex Scott, the financial side of things clearly outweigh sending the right message. 

Also the FAs who bottled the one love captain armbands are a joke. Don’t say your going to make a statement if your not going to, embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

wow, total humiliation for Argentina, this is a new low for them, credit to Saudi Arabia, they are not pushovers anymore.

I really like Renard, these underdog teams suit them. Hope they can smash Poland or Mexico somehow and push through the group somehow.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Joakim Mæhle played an inverted LB (Maldini style), was a beast all game

still gobsmacked we have not bought him from Atalanta

ffs

no clue what our scouts are looking at on these players

same for Tchou 2 years back

I know it will be outrageously hard to pull off but I've become borderline obsessed with the idea of signing Enzo Fernandez.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

I really like Renard, these underdog teams suit them. Hope they can smash Poland or Mexico somehow and push through the group somehow.

He's thrived with every NT he's managed. It's just a shame his brief stint in France was poor, as he'd probably be managing a notable side in Europe by now.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Joakim Mæhle played an inverted LB (Maldini style), was a beast all game

still gobsmacked we have not bought him from Atalanta

ffs

no clue what our scouts are looking at on these players

same for Tchou 2 years back

You and I both. He ticks so many boxes and would cost next to nothing in today's market.

Edited by LAM09