WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

• 8 months later...

I'm glad that the WC is during the winter, Because I don't like national football anymore. 

To me is boring, I prefer to watch CL and PL more then anything. 

And having the WC in the winter is awesome because that means in the summer the players can rest and be good for the regular season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at all squads there is not one impressive side. France MF is joke, Italy is not even playing, Spain can control games with MF but that is about it. Argentina and England are nowhere near good to go all the way. Belgium train is gone with Hazard and Lukaku not being 20% of players they use to be... Brazil probably have the best chances. Great attack and rumor is that Neymar will play AM in 4231 so that opens another spot for great winger and they have many. Probably Vini and Raphinha will start. MF is also weak for Brazil but with this formation they can play with 2 DMs.

Some surprises are also very likely. Very curious about Uruguay team. My dark horse this WC. Also I never rated my Serbian team but this time we really look good so looking forward to see them as well.

34 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Looking at all squads there is not one impressive side. France MF is joke, Italy is not even playing, Spain can control games with MF but that is about it. Argentina and England are nowhere near good to go all the way. Belgium train is gone with Hazard and Lukaku not being 20% of players they use to be... Brazil probably have the best chances. Great attack and rumor is that Neymar will play AM in 4231 so that opens another spot for great winger and they have many. Probably Vini and Raphinha will start. MF is also weak for Brazil but with this formation they can play with 2 DMs.

Some surprises are also very likely. Very curious about Uruguay team. My dark horse this WC. Also I never rated my Serbian team but this time we really look good so looking forward to see them as well.

Lukaku is no different to what he's always been. Only difference is he's now (with us and Inzaghi's Inter) in squads that put an emphasis on possesion, pressing and high level tactical awareness he's finally getting exposed for the bang average player he always has been.

Weakest group of teams for a WC since 1990 IMHO

So many key injuries out too

IMHO, the 2 best teams by far are 2 that I do not like, lol

Brasil and the Argies

I think Brasil likely wins the final, BUT I will not be surprised at all if Pessi finally gets his trophy

he is playing 10 times better now than last season

France has had so many injuries, I can't see them overcoming it all, but Mbappe gives them a puncher's chance

Portugal, CR7 club drama aside, are sort of loaded, I think they might be the 3rd or 4th best team, due to injuries to France and England

Spain may do well

Same for the Netherlands

My darkhorse is Denmark

If England do not win (they won't I am afraid) and because Sweden fucking BLEW qualification (grrrrrrrr) I am adopting the Danes

Germany always has a shot

I think Belgium's race is run

no Italy!!!, sigh

I will also be rooting for Senegal in some games, but Mane is not 100%