WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

25 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

There were no rat lines for Brazil. The Brazilians were allies - fought in Italy, Monte Cassino.
But after the war Brazil too was an easy country where nazis could hide.
The Italians although never possessed colonies have many black players. Bolatelli was one.

you are SO wrong

one of my best friends (and friends with my parents and siblings) since I was a pre teen is a half Swede, quarter Dane, quarter Norwegian woman from Porto Allegre, Brasil, (she lived in London for a long time, which is where she met us) whose grandfather moved to Berlin in the 1930s and became a huge engineer under Albert Speer, worked on multiple shady as fuck projects, including helping design concentration/death camps

he escaped to Brasil, down south, in Rio Grande do Sul via rat lines, and he became a massively rich engineer there

he funnelled dosh back to Germany for decades to support former Nazis who stayed behind, he personally travelled there under a fake Brasilian passport multiple times

he had so many fellow traveller in Brasil

they had dozens of meetings over the decades, all sorts old Nazi batshittery, including them gathering (I have seen multiple videos of some of these ceremonies from her) once a year at the summer solstice and breaking out a giant punchbowl with a huge sugar cone in the middle, with old regimental SS sabres crossed on top, and the thing lit afire from the alcohol in the punch, whilst they all sang the Horst-Wessel-Lied

his son (her father) has helped fund RW political activities for ages in Brasil

he married another mixed Dane/Norwegian/Swede whose family worked with the Quisling government in Norway who also escaped to Brasil via ratines after WWII

he (her father) HATES the fact she is close friends with my interracial family

so did the old grandfather (who died years ago)

they disowned her when she started dating a multimillionaire Jewish jeweller from Rio (that ended badly when his family found out her background)

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you are SO wrong

one of my best friends (and friends with my parents and siblings) since I was a pre teen is a half Swede, quarter Dane, quarter Norwegian woman from Porto Allegre, Brasil, (she lived in London for a long time, which is where she met us) whose grandfather moved to Berlin in the 1930s and became a huge engineer under Albert Speer, worked on multiple shady as fuck projects, including helping design concentration/death camps

he escaped to Brasil, down south, in Rio Grande do Sul via rat lines, and he became a massively rich engineer there

he funnelled dosh back to Germany for decades to support former Nazis who stayed behind, he personally travelled there under a fake Brasilian passport multiple times

he had so many fellow traveller in Brasil

they had dozens of meetings over the decades, all sorts old Nazi batshittery, including them gathering (I have seen multiple videos of some of these ceremonies from her) once a year at the summer solstice and breaking out a giant punchbowl with a huge sugar cone in the middle, with old regimental SS sabres crossed on top, and the thing lit afire from the alcohol in the punch, whilst they all sang the Horst-Wessel-Lied

his son (her father) has helped fund RW political activities for ages in Brasil

he married another mixed Dane/Norwegian/Swede whose family worked with the Quisling government in Norway who also escaped to Brasil via ratines after WWII

he (her father) HATES the fact she is close friends with my interracial family

so did the old grandfather (who died years ago)

they disowned her when she started dating a multimillion Jewish jeweller from Rio (that ended badly when his family found out her background)

That's what I said.
There was no immigration control these days, like my first visit to Sweden.
The immigration officer was half asleep and he says to me move on, move on, come on.
I had to wake him up "please sir in Athens they will think I was in Moscow if you don't stamp my passport" - only then did he stamp it.
But the rat lines were in Argentine, never Brazil.
Brazil on the other hand was not a cosignatory of interpol till the nineties. After the Koskotas scandal in Greece in 1989 bank fraudster Koskotas escaped to Brazil. Brazil could not extradite because they were not in
interpol and what they did was to refuse a visa. So Koskotas flew out and when he found himself in American air space the Americans ordered his plane down and arrested him.

25 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Very vriefly. They were defeated. In Libya too they were defeated.
Colonies were possessed, if you observe, by the countries with Atlantic coast. The others had no chance.

They were also in Somalia

30 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Feels weird in a way. Since it was announced where it was and that be in November/December its been a talking point for years.. now it's over just like that! Time flies...it was enjoyable now back to shitty us lol wooo

Best World Cup ever for me. 

19 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

But the rat lines were in Argentine, never Brazil.

you need to go down to Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina and tell the good burghers there that, LOLOLOL

Oktoberfest area in the German town of Blumenau, Brazil, 2011

Blumenau, Santa Catarina, 30% of the city’s 320,000 residents are of German descent

_76212331_rexfeatures_3657566a.jpg

Oktoberfest Blumenau - Brazil

A Brazilian of German descent cheers for Germany as she watches the World Cup semi-final match between Brazil and Germany on a screen in Blumenau, Brazil, Tuesday, July 8, 2014.Brazilians of German descent watch Brazil lose 7-1 to Germany at a World Cup semi-final match on TV in Blumenau, Brazil, Tuesday, July 8, 2014.

Gramado, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Gramado, Rio Grande Do Sul, Brazil. Editorial Photography - Image of  landmark, town: 156749067

Onde Almoçar em Gramado: 9 Opções para Aproveitar em 2022b09823eec44957d7dfaacecdb3d64730.jpg

Nova Württemberg (Rio Grande do Sul)

'From “feijoada” to “chucrute” : Revista Pesquisa Fapesp

After Germany's defeat in World War II, many Nazis who were sought by the Allies as suspected war criminals fled to Brazil and hid among the German-Brazilian communities. The most famous case was Josef Mengele, a doctor who became known as the "Angel of Death" at the Auschwitz concentration camp. Mengele performed medical experiments with living humans, always without anaesthesia, for the purpose of researching the perfection of the Aryan race. A good part of the victims of their "scientific experiments" were dwarfs and twins. Mengele lived hidden in the interior of São Paulo state from 1970 to 1979, when he drowned in Bertioga, on the coast of São Paulo state, without ever having been recognized.

The Brazilian ranch where Nazis kept slaves - BBC NewsNazis abroad! - Luteranos Brasil - a documentary by Christliches Centrum  RhemaBrazil on Fire: Nazis on Your Street (Episode 4) | NACLA

Edited by Vesper

Porto Alegre (4mil grand population) is my hometown and I grew up going go Gramado (an hour drive from Porto Alegre) -- great food and entertainment there esp in the winter... they even get snow sometimes (more like a dusting, but eh).
While I'm not ignorant of the history--what you posted is well known, I have to say that I have never ever met, or heard of, of a Nazi sympathizer. Yes, it's anecdotal evidence at best, but at the same time, it wasn't a subject that ever came up (not even in college where anything goes). I'm sure they exist, but it's just not something that comes up a lot down there.

Perhaps it's unfair to compare, given how news moves these days, but I have a feeling that the Nazi sympathizers here in the US are actually more organized and vocal, if not more abundant. I've had someone literally mention Nazi writings to me at some point, which was cringeworthy, evidently... not only because of what it was, but also because it was presented as scientific evidence. 🙄

Now if we go into racism, that's a different story and there is a lot of that... and it deserves its own thread (or forum).

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mengele in Brasil

The bones of the Nazi 'Angel of Death' have become a teaching tool in Brazil  | The StarForensic doctor Daniel Munoz shows the skull of Nazi war criminal Josef Mengele to students at Sao Paulo University, in Brazil.

Nein, nein und nein.
All this is inaccurate.
Mengele was in Buenos Ayres and he did n't even change his name. He was in the phone book as Josef Mangele.
In the year 1961 West Germany made a formal extradition request and while the Argentinians were looking at it, Mengele decided to go underground.
He fled to Paraguay and then to Brazil using false names and he was hiding.
The Israeli Mossad, CIA, Brazilian police could not find him and when they finally located his hideout in 1979 they found he had died.
So Brazil was a case of lax immigration controls, easy to hid in the jungles but no rat lines.

11 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Nein, nein und nein.
All this is inaccurate.
Mengele was in Buenos Ayres and he did n't even change his name. He was in the phone book as Josef Mangele.
In the year 1961 West Germany made a formal extradition request and while the Argentinians were looking at it, Mengele decided to go underground.
He fled to Paraguay and then to Brazil using false names and he was hiding.
The Israeli Mossad, CIA, Brazilian police could not find him and when they finally located his hideout in 1979 they found he had died.
So Brazil was a case of lax immigration controls, easy to hid in the jungles but no rat lines.

to claim there were not rat-lines to Brasil from Nazi Germany is pure, unadulterated bollocks m8

sorry

I have direct knowledge of it, from people whose families literally did it, plus the overwhelming forms of documentation online

my posts all stand

done here

Edited by Vesper

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

to claim there were not rat-lines to Brasil from Nazi Germany is pure, unadulterated bollocks m8

sorry

I have direct knowledge of it, from people whose families literally did it, plus the overwhelming forms of documentation online

my posts all stand

done here

Show me documentation of rat lines to Brazil, as opposed to sneaking into Brazil (and Brazil being an easy place to live for a nazi).
The rat lines were from Genoa to Argentine and I don't know about Uruguay-Paraguay.

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

oh to be in Buenos Aires tonight, LOLOL

Important to remember that all the beer that was brought in for the World Cup and then unable to be used is being flown to Buenos Aires. That party will go on for a week.