WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

USA played at 110% and England at 70% -- at least that was my feeling watching the game. England felt comfortable with a draw and to not stress/risk their players in group stage considering they will be first in group anyway.

Given a win would have won the group it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to go for a win tonight to allow full rotation in MD3.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Given a win would have won the group it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to go for a win tonight to allow full rotation in MD3.

Sure, but I did not really mean that it was a premediated strategy, an idea proposed by the headcoach, but rather that that was the motivation level of each team. USA matched England by working harder than they were. I was expecting the young USA team to tire and reduce their intensity in the second half, but that never happened--to my surprise.

Shocking Foden isn’t starting or at least the first man off the bench. 

As a US supporter I wasn’t worried about any of those subs England used. 

Iran will be tricky to beat for the US and England is essentially through to the knockout stages already.

On 22/11/2022 at 16:05, Vesper said:

Joakim Mæhle played an inverted LB (Maldini style), was a beast all game

still gobsmacked we have not bought him from Atalanta

ffs

no clue what our scouts are looking at on these players

same for Tchou 2 years back

Should have get him when he still was at Genk, would also be cheaper..

I do not understand the Argie manager

so many good to great players on the bench and most of his 5 changes from the first game have played like shit

they have really quality fullbacks on the bench for instance, ad the 2 starters have been so poor, plus Di Maria looks completely rinsed

24 Enzo Fernández
 14 Exequiel Palacios
 9 Julián Álvarez
 13 Cristian Romero
 15 Ángel Correa
 3 Nicolás Tagliafico
 17 Papu Gómez
 2 Juan Foyth
 21 Paulo Dybala
 16 Thiago Almada

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not understand the Argie manager

so many good to great players on the bench and most of his 5 changes from the first game have played like shit

they have really quality fullbacks on the bench for instance, ad the 2 starters have been so poor, plus Di Maria looks completely rinsed

24 Enzo Fernández
 14 Exequiel Palacios
 9 Julián Álvarez
 13 Cristian Romero
 15 Ángel Correa
 3 Nicolás Tagliafico
 17 Papu Gómez
 2 Juan Foyth
 21 Paulo Dybala
 16 Thiago Almada

I agree. The Argentina team they have on the field is average at best. No one is worried about their midfield, defense, they’re lining up like they fully expect Messi to carry them at 35.