Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Jase

Impressed with the defensive, pressing effort in today's system but felt somewhat vulnerable defensively whenever Spurs got forward. Otherwise, good performance all around against what was Spurs' first XI. 

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

disagree, we were very effective moving the ball, the finishing was shit, so many blown chances

We must be watching different games. Again, better, but still very basic passing mostly backwards and sideways, until we get it to the wingers and they cross and pray. So many times we start to build up a good passing build up and someone inevitably literally stops the ball and passes it backwards or to the side. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been the story of the team since Lampard came in

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

i like that the back 4 system gives us a bit more attacking options but obviously can’t fix our profligate finishing 

But it also left us suspect defensively. We'll likely revert to the back 3 next week. 

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

But it also left us suspect defensively. We'll likely revert to the back 3 next week. 

I thought was alright under the circumstances. Sarr Alonso is obviously very shaky and they targeted them. But we limited  a very competent attack to a couple of half chances so can’t complain 

14 minutes ago, DANILA said:

We must be watching different games. Again, better, but still very basic passing mostly backwards and sideways, until we get it to the wingers and they cross and pray. So many times we start to build up a good passing build up and someone inevitably literally stops the ball and passes it backwards or to the side. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been the story of the team since Lampard came in

we must be, our ball movement was far better today

Edited by Vesper

Good news, bad news in TT's post game with CTV.

Good news that Thiago and N'Golo were due to start. For me this shows the proper attitude towards this game. Bad news of course that illness kept them out.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Good news, bad news in TT's post game with CTV.

Good news that Thiago and N'Golo were due to start. For me this shows the proper attitude towards this game. Bad news of course that illness kept them out.

Got Covid in good moment if you can say something like that. We did job without them, they will miss 5th division team and be back next week for important games.

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Also again 2 injuries. Really can’t catch a break 

Simply have to buy 

i like that the back 4 system gives us a bit more attacking options but obviously can’t fix our profligate finishing 

Tuchel said Azpi has a cramp while Havertz broke his finger. 

Also said he decided to play the system that we saw due to the 2 COVID cases. 

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we must be, our ball movement was far better today

Fine, the movement of the ball was generally good and smoother. I am specifically speaking about the interplay going forward