Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Jase

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Silva Rudiger

Pulisic Jorginho Kovacic Alonso

Ziyech CHO

Lukaku

Is Trevoh definitely out? I'm still hoping he can play. Also if NG is fit, and his risk factors allow, I'd like him in the side. This is Spurs and, for me, that means a no holds barred, must win game with full first XI on duty if at all possible.

I would love the same side that played Liverpool..  Haven't seen our side trying that hard for a really long time. 

Hope we can play like that again but with no silly mistakes.. 

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Is Trevoh definitely out? I'm still hoping he can play. Also if NG is fit, and his risk factors allow, I'd like him in the side. This is Spurs and, for me, that means a no holds barred, must win game with full first XI on duty if at all possible.

Not really if its a League cup game. I'd keep Kante fresh for Club World Cup and CL knockouts and not overplay him in this stretch.

I'm in the state of amazement a fucking two leg semi, in this state of covid and the injuries, and they make this Mickey mouse competition two a two legged affair.

As I have said it's all about revenue by the FA FL😡

Edited by bigbluewillie

8 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm in the state of amazement a fucking two leg semi, in this state of covid and the injuries, and they make this Mickey mouse competition two a two legged affair.

There's the theory and there's the reality. In reality the power in English football resides entirely in The Premier League because they have almost all the money. The Premier League, and therefore by extension English football, is run by EPL clubs. EFL clubs get far, far, far more money from The Premier League than they raise from the EFL Cup. They know who the paymasters are and will always do their bidding. If we don't like two legged semi-finals we have to blame Premier league clubs. The same clubs who are happy to watch their managers, coaches, and other representatives complain about fixture congestion but who never use their power to do anything about it. Indeed, not so long ago we were all horrified when a group of them planned to make the situation much worse.

Meanwhile, I don't care if the Tottenham game is our 5th or 65th fixture of the season. Any match against Spurs is a priority level 1 occasion. If fit NG plays.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

it is madness to have only one round of the entire competition (and not even the final) as a 2 leg tie

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

it is madness to have only one round of the entire competition (and not even the final) as a 2 leg tie

I like it.. If we can beat spuds 3 times in a row that would be brilliant... 😊