Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Jase

14 minutes ago, Jase said:

Tuchel said Azpi has a cramp while Havertz broke his finger. 

Also said he decided to play the system that we saw due to the 2 COVID cases. 

That sounds positive about Azpi. Give him a rest this weekend and he should be fine I assume for next week then.

1 hour ago, Jase said:

You have been enjoying the last few days, haven't you? 😜

It may backfire next week but it's quite poetic how he's now banging on about how much better our B team is than the team he's managing (which had a near full strength lineup) after pulling the exact same nonsense with us.

If he behaved himself properly he'll likely still be here.

15 minutes ago, milka said:

Mendy - OUT

Kante - OUT

Chilwell - OUT

James - OUT

Silva - OUT

Christensen - OUT

Chalobah - OUT

Havertz - OUT

Difficult weeks are ahead, perhaps.

Got a week off essentially if we rotate heavily this weekend  in FA Cup

27 minutes ago, hiterto said:

So happy for Saul and Sarr, they put in a decent shift. I don't know why but Alonso never fails to deliver good performance against Spurs

It’s pretty hilarious too given Spurs fans love hassling him over the drink driving car crash incident. Must motivate him. 

Thought Saul was excellent tonight. I've felt his most recent couple of games have shown a lot of improvement and a suggestion that there is something there that can be utilised here at Chelsea, and tonight seemed to confirm that.

Most of his possession was one or two touch passing which has helped him adjusting to the intensity and pace of the league. He clearly has the technical game, and given how rough his form has been so far here, I thought he showed real character and personality tonight. It should do him the world of good.

With half the season to go and such a glut of matches coming up, he can still play a big role in the squad this season. Here's hoping tonight was the start for him to really kick on now.

32 minutes ago, milka said:

Mendy - OUT

Kante - OUT

Chilwell - OUT

James - OUT

Silva - OUT

Christensen - OUT

Chalobah - OUT

Havertz - OUT

Difficult weeks are ahead, perhaps.

breaking bad laughing GIF

I'm not sure if we were great tonight, Spurs were dire, or a mixture of both. Either way, we completely dominated the match, & for the umpteenth time this season, we should have scored more.

Hopefully, we continue where we left off in the second leg to seal our first final appearance of the season. 

One thing that the co-commentator mentioned and something I noticed a bunch as well was Lukaku getting into great positions in the box, our wide players (be it the full backs or wingers) getting in good crossing positions, and then just refusing to cross it. Saw Rom get frustrated repeatedly that the ball wouldn’t come in. I think he only got like 1 genuinely great cross from Ziyech tonight.

Something that needs to be emphasized more going forward. When you have the likes of Ziyech and Alonso who love crossing the ball and you have Lukaku up top we should be pumping it into him from wide as often as possible.

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

One thing that the co-commentator mentioned and something I noticed a bunch as well was Lukaku getting into great positions in the box, our wide players (be it the full backs or wingers) getting in good crossing positions, and then just refusing to cross it. Saw Rom get frustrated repeatedly that the ball wouldn’t come in. I think he only got like 1 genuinely great cross from Ziyech tonight.

Something that needs to be emphasized more going forward. When you have the likes of Ziyech and Alonso who love crossing the ball and you have Lukaku up top we should be pumping it into him from wide as often as possible.

Some crosses went way out of the stadium.
The good chances we missed fell to Ziyech and Werner but also Lukaku should have done better on a couple of occasions.
Also Alonso is not really a good free kick taker. Before him we had Willian and Luiz who were much better.