Chelsea 0-1 Leicester [FA Cup]

Jase

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I'm tired of being nostalgic for the sake of it , but I'll say it.

No Drogba.

A club can buy the hottest young prospects, or the most expensive attacking players, but not having players with the right mentality and gumption to score on any occasion leaves it with an incomplete squad.

It's a huge difference. we won the Fa Cup in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 and not a single time during any of the games i was ever in doubt we would win this. 100% certain every time. Even the old guard got some streaky patches but they always brough their a game when it mattered and never let a lead slip or an early goal against dissuade them (with very little exception).when Lamps, Drogs, JT, Petr were still around we were absolute machines in finals. With the current crop I would be surprised if they actually perform at their best when it really matters and  fight to bring that thing home. The last player we had who would always turn up in finals is Hazard. Since he left we never really have looked like winning anything again and I dont feel we do until we get that x-factor back.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

What is 2 mm? Mate its offside if its 0.1mm 😂

They check all the goals for VAR and have done all season. What is the obsession with this the ball is moving thing for the screenshot? How difficult is it going to be to get the exact frame before Thiago strikes through the ball, which happens a few milliseconds before.... they’ve got it where he’s basically just kicked it man. I swear storm in a teacup mate its a close offside but it is offside. 

I would say that despite the obvious sucking the spirit and atmosphere out of some games it is working to a degree. The consistency was an issue last season and the cup competition the season beforehand but I think they’ve actually made big improvements on it this season to be honest. Its still going to be one of those that will obviously divide opinion but theres dividing opinion, then being outright oblivious to a blatantly obvious decision that a blindman could see. 

Are you taking the piss now mate? It plays a huge part when the frame is taken, it mean you have mll to spare. The principle is that you are either on or off, it's meant to be an objective decision, but as we know, it's based on a subjectively paused, blurry still image of a player and a ball both in motion.  I clearly remember when VAR was bought in and they said it wouldn't run the game and would only cancel out the really bad mistakes, but that isn't what is happening at all, it's completely taken over the game. Why are offsides not treated the same way as penalty decisions? It only gets overturned if it's a clear and obvious error. Why isn't this rule applied to every VAR decision? Whatever im out, if you believe all is well in epl then so be it. To me EPL has been bent for years and years, you couldnt pay me to believe otherwise. Peace out.

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

E1ckmjAXEAgYo95?format=jpg&name=small

Jorginho spending more time shouting and pointing than trying to close down Tielemans...

Not suprised.. Jorginho is slow as fck and even a 36 y.o Silva could close tielmans down quicker

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

hace 2 minutos, Atomiswave dijo:

Are you taking the piss now mate? It plays a huge part when the frame is taken, it mean you have mll to spare. The principle is that you are either on or off, it's meant to be an objective decision, but as we know, it's based on a subjectively paused, blurry still image of a player and a ball both in motion.  I clearly remember when VAR was bought in and they said it wouldn't run the game and would only cancel out the really bad mistakes, but that isn't what is happening at all, it's completely taken over the game. Why are offsides not treated the same way as penalty decisions? It only gets overturned if it's a clear and obvious error. Why isn't this rule applied to every VAR decision? Whatever im out, if you believe all is well in epl then so be it. To me EPL has been bent for years and years, you couldnt pay me to believe otherwise. Peace out.

Stick to the tinfoil hats and flat earth conspiracies mate. 

1 minute ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Not suprised.. Jorginho is slow as fck and a 36 y.o Silva could close tielmans down quicker

Maybe Jorginho should do his job as a midfielder better first before expecting someone else to do it for him. 

And had Silva come out to close Tielemans, it would have opened up the space for him to make the pass to Vardy before he attempted to make the shot.

19 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Even if he was offside thats not an obvious and clear error, what is 2mll ffs, the pic they showed the ball is already moving.And yes the handball is another, nevermind their players could do what they wanted.

if you can find me a pic with ball in air AND he is onside (not saying that you cannot find this, I just did not see it)

then I will explode in rage

truly

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if you can find me a pic with ball in air AND he is onside (not saying that you cannot find this, I just did not see it)

then I will explode in rage

truly

this constantly being fucked over by refs is doing me head in

its not healthy

I need to detach more

😪

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Am I the only one confused of why Ziyech played from start?

My guess is that Havertz and Pulisic did nothing in the last game against Arsenal and Ziyech did score the winner in the semi-final. So, I guess it became a bit of a toss-up between the 3 and out of our attackers, Pulisic is arguably the best when it comes to coming off the bench.

If anything, it's probably baffling that Tuchel didn't start with Havertz-Werner upfront and Mount deeper in midfield considering it was working well recently. Werner can be OK at leading the line but he's better off playing off someone upfront. 

8 minutes ago, El P. said:

I am questioning choice of playing Kepa and Alonso too.

Kepa played because he has been the cup keeper - something Tuchel has mentioned - although you could argue that Tuchel could have been more ruthless but think there's also some club politics involved in this.

Tuchel said he played Alonso because of his height and experience but he brought Chilwell later on anyway. Chilwell was clearly desperate/motivated to play against his former side. No clue why Tuchel didn't try to harness that. Went with Alonso instead and we had 2 malfunctioned attacks from the wingbacks. 

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Maybe Jorginho should do his job as a midfielder better first before expecting someone else to do it for him. 

And had Silva come out to close Tielemans, it would have opened up the space for him to make the pass to Vardy before he attempted to make the shot.

Yes everytime Kante is caught upfield and Jorgi is the one running back trying to defend.. i pray..

Silva is even faster than him

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

My guess is that Havertz and Pulisic did nothing in the last game against Arsenal and Ziyech did score the winner in the semi-final. So, I guess it became a bit of a toss-up between the 3 and out of our attackers, Pulisic is arguably the best when it comes to coming off the bench.

If anything, it's probably baffling that Tuchel didn't start with Havertz-Werner upfront and Mount deeper in midfield considering it was working well recently. Werner can be OK at leading the line but he's better off playing off someone upfront. 

Kepa played because he has been the cup keeper - something Tuchel has mentioned - although you could argue that Tuchel could have been more ruthless but think there's also some club politics involved in this.

Tuchel said he played Alonso because of his height and experience but he brought Chilwell later on anyway. Chilwell was clearly desperate/motivated to play against his former side. No clue why Tuchel didn't try to harness that. Went with Alonso instead and we had 2 malfunctioned attacks from the wingbacks. 

Havertz at #9 and Werner a little behind-left, with Mount behind them worked good. I don't know why he changed that for such a big game.

Also, Kepa being cup GK is bullshit to me. I don't know if Mendy would have saved that goal, but nevertheless.

Totally agree on Alonso. We looked retarded on WB.

Tuchel has some questions to answer. It would be crazy to play THAT good against Real/Porto first game/Atletico and then finish season with no trophies and barely getting into top 4 (that's my prediction of how season would end).

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Also, Kepa being cup GK is bullshit to me. I don't know if Mendy would have saved that goal, but nevertheless.

Mendy would have absolutely saved it, IMO.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

Tuchel has some questions to answer. It would be crazy to play THAT good against Real/Porto first game/Atletico and then finish season with no trophies and barely getting into top 4 (that's my prediction of how season would end).

Questions must also be asked of the players. I don't know if they have let all the praise got into their head or have just hit a wall after the Man City game but no one looked bothered in the last two games. We didn't play with the same energy, desire and intensity and now the season is in danger of becoming a complete failure. The FA Cup was our best chance of winning something out of the two finals and we bottled it. God knows what's gonna happen with the Top 4 race now.

6 minutes ago, Milan said:

Can we have Kovacic back please?

Another player who is rated so much better than he actually is.

Decent technical ability and world class at dribbling past players around the middle of the pitch.  But that's it.

Both him and Jorgi have had long enough to improve the midfield but we're still seeing the same short comings that were there three years ago. 

Not bad players, just not good enough to take this team forward. Same can already said for Ziyech. 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Mendy would have absolutely saved it, IMO.

Questions must also be asked of the players. I don't know if they have let all the praise got into their head or have just hit a wall after the Man City game but no one looked bothered in the last two games. We didn't play with the same energy, desire and intensity and now the season is in danger of becoming a complete failure. The FA Cup was our best chance of winning something out of the two finals and we bottled it. God knows what's gonna happen with the Top 4 race now.

After this gruelling season, i'm just hoping its a bit of mental fatigue asking the players to focus and be up for three different competitions. 

Do they go all out today and have not much left in a few days time?  

The picture is a bit clearer now. Tuesday is simply shit or bust so they have to throw the kitchen sink at Leicester. They might have another one of those games where nothing goes in,  but I fully expect a much better performance than today. I think we'll win and by a couple of goals too.

34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It's a huge difference. we won the Fa Cup in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 and not a single time during any of the games i was ever in doubt we would win this. 100% certain every time. Even the old guard got some streaky patches but they always brough their a game when it mattered and never let a lead slip or an early goal against dissuade them (with very little exception).when Lamps, Drogs, JT, Petr were still around we were absolute machines in finals. With the current crop I would be surprised if they actually perform at their best when it really matters and  fight to bring that thing home. The last player we had who would always turn up in finals is Hazard. Since he left we never really have looked like winning anything again and I dont feel we do until we get that x-factor back.

Yeah it's tough to gauge which players have that x factor.

From our current crop, I would say Pulisic, Mount...and at a stretch (a real long one), maybe Havertz too could be included in that bracket of players with the potential for it.

But the answer is still no until they've actually won a final.

2 minutes ago, chippy said:

The picture is a bit clearer now. Tuesday is simply shit or bust so they have to throw the kitchen sink at Leicester. They might have another one of those games where nothing goes in,  but I fully expect a much better performance than today. I think we'll win and by a couple of goals too.

Win by a couple of goals? At this point, think we would all just be happy with any kind of win! Even the worst 1-0 win ever!

It would be fucking tragic if we finish in the Top 4 but don't win anything again, despite reaching TWO finals OR it could end up worse...