Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid

Jase

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

That what I m saying we have so short term memory and are fickle. We only see success as the driver and not the people who contributed towards it. 

Lets mention Giroud than. Because without his goals from February to July we would not play CL. Even Barkley played part.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lets mention Giroud than. Because without his goals from February to July we would not play CL. Even Barkley played part.

Why not, add the kit men, ground staff & others too ... It is a team effort not an individual effort ... Even UEFA gives out medals to those who have met the minimum criteria as contribution.  

Man I missed the second half, but I downloaded the match. We were fucking awesome, every player was on it, tactics were supreme, hunger and desire intact. we battered them, humilated them, Puli played in a way as if he has disdain for them. Players willing to die for TT.

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Of course. Giroud also spanked Sevilla and scored the winner vs Lille and Atletico. He was instrumental on gettint that top spot in the group and get to quarterfinals.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

don’t act like he was that much influential. 

I don't know who to believe when it comes to the signings of Havertz, Werner, Ziyech etc. On one hand, you have sources saying they are his signings. On the other hand, you have sources saying they are the club's signings.

But either way, I remember all 3 - if not at least 2 of them - mentioned Lampard as a big reason why they decided to join us. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Lampard wanted to get Kante for Declan Rice.

Eh? Lampard was clearly a fan of Kante considering how desperate he was to use him whenever he's available. And just because he wanted Rice, it doesn't mean he was gonna ditch Kante. In any case though, we are gonna need a replacement for Kante sooner or later or at least a backup to him ASAP because we literally do not have another defensive midfielder when he is not playing.

Just watching back some of the highlights on the Chelsea app and celebrating after the game.

It's just such a massive shame there were no fans in the stadium. Who knows, with the chances we kept on missing, perhaps not having fans in the stadium might have helped keep the players calm but it would have been incredibly deserving for Tuchel, the new signings and the younger players to experience that. They got a little taste of the backing of the fans in and out the stadium Wednesday night and hopefully there will be many big nights to follow.

I don't care what people say about Liverpool and others, but big European nights the atmosphere at the Bridge has always been electric and when we win and One Step Beyond kicks in the place literally shakes to its core.