• Hudson-Odoi
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Dave’s hammy on my mind 

Unless I missed an injury, don't think that's a concern. We do have 4 days after Everton before the next game. 

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Who would have thought when Thiago was injured that we would be struggling to put him back into the team when he is fit since Christensen played like Baresi. Amazing.

Silva is 37 and out of contact this summer, Chris is 24 and might stay long term, so as long as the Dane is playing this well, there is no reason to drop him.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Silva is 37 and out of contact this summer, Chris is 24 and might stay long term, so as long as the Dane is playing this well, there is no reason to drop him.

Talks we want to renew Silva. Dont think that will change. Christensen has been fantastic recently though so if Silva’s not 100% ready keep him in. Everton’s another tough test regardless so we need to be on our game and play in the manner we did v Atletico and Liverpool.

Maybe we will see Silva back in for the games v Leeds and Atletico? I have no doubts Christensen has made huge steps though and could be hard to leave him out at the moment. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Silva can give Azpi a day off.

I think Silva is not suitablw to play RCB in back 3 system. To play on either side, you need to be mobile quick moving, that’s why Rüdi and Azpi plays there. I think playing on the side would also not be good for Andy, he is also smaller moving, passing type of CB. Both him and Silva are meant to play in the middle based on their skills.

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think Silva is not suitablw to play RCB in back 3 system. To play on either side, you need to be mobile quick moving, that’s why Rüdi and Azpi plays there. I think playing on the side would also not be good for Andy, he is also smaller moving, passing type of CB. Both him and Silva are meant to play in the middle based on their skills.

Christensen did play on the right side of a back 3 in his first game under Conte. Against Burnley. I think. One game but maybe he’s capable of playing there if needed although still think hes going to be in the team in the middle for the game. He’s not exactly slow either as he showed v Mane on Thursday so could do a job on the right side if necessary I think. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Christensen did play on the right side of a back 3 in his first game under Conte. Against Burnley. I think. One game but maybe he’s capable of playing there if needed although still think hes going to be in the team in the middle for the game. He’s not exactly slow either as he showed v Mane on Thursday so could do a job on the right side if necessary I think. 

He even played RB in Germany. 

As long as we don’t do what we’ve done against them the last few times we’ve played them we should be good. And I put a lot of that down to poor management.

We let them dictate the physicality and energy of the games. All they really did to us under Lamps was press and get a bit rough with us and we couldn’t handle it. It was embarrassing.

Confident that under TT we won’t allow that kind of thing. Not on this current run of form we’re on and not with top 4 at implications in this game.

Think the two biggest things to be concerned about are Richarlison diving like he always does in dangerous areas and one of our CB’s making a dumbass mistake and letting Calvert-Lewin sneak past them for his usual tap in.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As long as we don’t do what we’ve done against them the last few times we’ve played them we should be good. And I put a lot of that down to poor management.

We let them dictate the physicality and energy of the games. All they really did to us under Lamps was press and get a bit rough with us and we couldn’t handle it. It was embarrassing.

Confident that under TT we won’t allow that kind of thing. Not on this current run of form we’re on and not with top 4 at implications in this game.

Think the two biggest things to be concerned about are Richarlison diving like he always does in dangerous areas and one of our CB’s making a dumbass mistake and letting Calvert-Lewin sneak past them for his usual tap in.

Our last 3 matches at Goodison were lost due to poor finishing and we absolutely dismantled them in this fixture last season.

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Our last 3 matches at Goodison were lost due to poor finishing and we absolutely dismantled them in this fixture last season.

We also naively played into their hands. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue