Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

2 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Mino will be pushing for a sale this summer as it means a more hefty payout for him

You mean the agent fee or something else? If it's the agent fee, then next summer would be better because clubs would be paying less for the transfer fee, meaning they can afford to throw more money into the agent fee, signing-on fee etc. 

19 minutes ago, Jas said:

You mean the agent fee or something else? If it's the agent fee, then next summer would be better because clubs would be paying less for the transfer fee, meaning they can afford to throw more money into the agent fee, signing-on fee etc. 

Isn’t it pre-determined as a % of the total transfer fee? Going on the assumption, rather than itk.

6 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Isn’t it pre-determined as a % of the total transfer fee? Going on the assumption, rather than itk.

Pretty sure it isn't. He described it as "fake" but there were reports previously that Raiola wants €20 million in agent fees.

And I believe paying Haaland's dad the agent fees would also have to be part of the cost/deal. 

hace 3 horas, DDA dijo:

€ 400 million 😆

This is never going to happen if that is true. 

I don’t even get where this €400m is coming from in all honesty. I mean fee to Dortmund is likely €150-170m on top of agent fees and sign on fees. Will be around €200m minimum probably.

Unless folk are including his wages but why only do this for Haaland? I mean when we signed player X, Y, Z, nobody ever went its going to cost €30m/whatever transfer fee plus the agent/sign on bonus on top of however many years worth of wages over whatever period. 

Just seems like a number someone with too much time has plucked out of thin air! I know they’ve said about wage structure but did we not just give Timo Werner a £275,000 a week 5 year deal last season? Haalands agent wants what £300,000 or around there per week for him?

48 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t even get where this €400m is coming from in all honesty. I mean fee to Dortmund is likely €150-170m on top of agent fees and sign on fees. Will be around €200m minimum probably.

Unless folk are including his wages but why only do this for Haaland? I mean when we signed player X, Y, Z, nobody ever went its going to cost €30m/whatever transfer fee plus the agent/sign on bonus on top of however many years worth of wages over whatever period. 

Think people include all the costs because this is one BIG money transfer, just like you see all the costs floating around when Juventus signed Ronaldo. But whatever it is, be it 200, 300, 400 million, this will be an unprecedented transfer in football and especially for the club. If we want to get him, we would have fork an amount never done before by the club/Roman. 

54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Just seems like a number someone with too much time has plucked out of thin air! I know they’ve said about wage structure but did we not just give Timo Werner a £275,000 a week 5 year deal last season? Haalands agent wants what £300,000 or around there per week for him?

Depend on what source you want to believe, Werner earns slightly less than 200k but with yearly increase (no clue by how much) in wages.

All the stories are saying that if we want to sign Haaland, we would also have to blow our wage structure to get him and that suggests it would be way more than 300k (which is what Kante is earning right now, being our highest earner). 

You're probably gonna type an essay-esque reply back but just saying what it's out there...

At some point there has to be a cap of reason to what a footballer can actually cost. Given he should be expected to at least bring the kind of money in he costs, for an enterprise with roughly half a bn turnover justifying the acquisition of an asset that costs almost as much while  income sources are mostly not scalable and already mainly exploited is a huge stretch. Especially if it just one out of dozens of assets it has to maintain in order to be operational. So in a best case scenario by how much is Haaland gonna increase our cashflow if he wins us PL and CL every year? I would expect us to finish top 4 and round of last 8 CL every season. Then maybe 30,40m extra by Haaland at best. Sponsors and kit sales 10-15m. So we would break even in about 8-9 years maybe we could move him on to Real for a decent price then it might end up a good deal. But this scenario is highly ficticous. So I estimate the probability this ends up a bad deal is significantly higher.

hace 22 minutos, Jas dijo:

Think people include all the costs because this is one BIG money transfer, just like you see all the costs floating around when Juventus signed Ronaldo. But whatever it is, be it 200, 300, 400 million, this will be an unprecedented transfer in football and especially for the club. If we want to get him, we would have fork an amount never done before by the club/Roman. 

Depend on what source you want to believe, Werner earns slightly less than 200k but with yearly increase (no clue by how much) in wages.

All the stories are saying that if we want to sign Haaland, we would also have to blow our wage structure to get him and that suggests it would be way more than 300k (which is what Kante is earning right now, being our highest earner). 

You're probably gonna type an essay-esque reply back but just saying what it's out there...

I dont get the first source though. I mean what are they basing this assumption off of? No way on top of the fee which will be 150-170 maximum, commission fees, player wages over a 5 year contract and agents fees it will reach 400m surely? 

If he is wanting 300/350k like reported thats 15.6/18.2m per year over say 5 years thats 78/91m. So say that goes from the 170m fee to 248/261m including wages over 5 years. So where is this other 160/140m coming from 😂? Its just absolute nonsense. Aye the agent is a greedy prick but the numbers dont add up to make 400m in any circumstances. The 300/350k p/w demands are only rumours and their not even after tax either so whilst it will again cause issues with wage structure its not catastrophic ie signing Ronaldo/Messi on 500k + a week. Plus the wages aren’t paid all upfront so why people are getting hung up in including these in a deals total cost is bizarre unless its the new norm for every transfer now but its not and never will be.

Maradona doubled the attendances at Napoli and took them from a mid table  team to the league title. That is proper superstar stuff and when a player is worth the mega money!

I fail to see how we would ever get value for money signing a player like Haaland. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Conte also did this. And Tuchel in some way. From 9th to 2nd in the league and CL title.

Maradona took the equivalent of a Everton/West Ham/Leeds/Newcastle to a league title. 

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont get the first source though. I mean what are they basing this assumption off of? No way on top of the fee which will be 150-170 maximum, commission fees, player wages over a 5 year contract and agents fees it will reach 400m surely? 

If he is wanting 300/350k like reported thats 15.6/18.2m per year over say 5 years thats 78/91m. So say that goes from the 170m fee to 248/261m including wages over 5 years. So where is this other 160/140m coming from 😂? Its just absolute nonsense. Aye the agent is a greedy prick but the numbers dont add up to make 400m in any circumstances. The 300/350k p/w demands are only rumours and their not even after tax either so whilst it will again cause issues with wage structure its not catastrophic ie signing Ronaldo/Messi on 500k + a week. Plus the wages aren’t paid all upfront so why people are getting hung up in including these in a deals total cost is bizarre unless its the new norm for every transfer now but its not and never will be.

It's still crazy money, regardless of the transfer fee. 

If he reportedly wants only 300-350k, then I highly doubt the media would be reporting we would have to break our wage structure to sign him since it's not too much from what Kante gets and that suggests it might have to be more than 400k. Am sure his camp would want to get as much money as possible given his current status/reputation. If it's not us, then they could easily look to get more if/when Real or Barcelona come calling next summer.

The wages aren't paid in full immediately but we would still be committing ourselves to paying that money over a number of years and if we really blow our wage structure for one player, even if it's Haaland, it could likely lead the others to asking for way more money in the future and potentially damage our finances. While Roman can afford to spend big, it's also no secret that he wants us to be self-sustainable.

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Conte also did this. And Tuchel in some way. From 9th to 2nd in the league and CL title.

Yes, but it's not quite the same level of what Maradona did with Napoli.

We'd been seriel winners of big trophies for years who just happened to have a terrible season on and off the pitch the season before.

Napoli were a nothing club who'd never won the league before Maradona. He took them to the title twice and they haven't won it since then. Imo, a greater personal achievement than winning the World Cup with Argentina.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You