Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Erling Haaland


NikkiCFC
 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think we are in desperate search for the striker. But when someone like Haaland is on the market you would be stupid not to try.  Abraham, Giroud and Werner gave us 33 goals already this

Make it happen!  

Absolutely no chance that we are getting Haaland. The question is, who will we get to lead the line!!

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Make it happen!

 

Man, I wish his professed love for playing with Lampard also translated into the fact that he is some kind of Chelsea fan...

Regardless, there's going to be a long queue of clubs waiting in line for his signature. We'll need any advantage we can get in order to sign him.

Still think he, or at least a striker in his mold, is the missing piece in our attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is if we are really a big step forward for his career because we currently are in no position to win any titles in the next 2 years. If he wants to win titles, he will go to Man City or PSG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Question is if we are really a big step forward for his career because we currently are in no position to win any titles in the next 2 years. If he wants to win titles, he will go to Man City or PSG. 

No titles for the next 2 years (as in 2 seasons)?

That's a bit much, don't you think. I can guarantee the club did not bring in someone like Tuchel with those kind of objectives in mind.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Question is if we are really a big step forward for his career because we currently are in no position to win any titles in the next 2 years. If he wants to win titles, he will go to Man City or PSG. 

Someone like Haaland would make us title contenders. By next season our new signings will have got accustomed to the EPL and Tuchel's ideas, we'll be stronger and more competitive. I also have a feeling Haaland won't need much adaptation time, he is a true generational talent and they don't need much introduction to start wrecking a league.

Werner and Haaland up top is the stuff of dreams, hope it happens.

Edited by manpe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We can dream I guess. 

Cant believe we almost signed him but didn't bother. Just typical. 

Another Aguero moment in our History.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we want to sign Haaland, we're gonna need a lot of factors to fall in our favor, even more than last summer when we had a free run at players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DDA said:

We can dream I guess. 

Cant believe we almost signed him but didn't bother. Just typical. 

Another Aguero moment in our History.

I know Matt Law tends to be reliable but not sure how much I believe him in this one. He suddenly just mentioned this and I don't seem to recall any stories of us wanting him last year, not even on The Athletic. It was all Man United back then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DDA said:

We can dream I guess. 

Cant believe we almost signed him but didn't bother. Just typical. 

Another Aguero moment in our History.

His agent is Raiola, thought we didn't deal with him? Doubt we were "close".

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's going to Real, end of.🤐

Lets jump forward 2 seasons (to 2023/24)

the only under 30yo (Cuntois will be over 30 but still easily a top GKer) players Real Madrid will have are (from their current roster, if they keep them)


Éder Militão   shite
Ferland Mendy   decent, but hardly WC atm
Álvaro Odriozola    shite and likely gone
Federico Valverde    WC, their best player in terms of who is now on the roster when looking ahead two years
Vinícius Júnior  has really regressed, only 3 goals all comps this season, although he is still very young (20yo)
Rodrygo    has really regressed, only 1 goal all comps this season, although he is still very young (20yo)
Marco Asensio is a shadow of what people thought he would be

and some out on loan (IF they do not sell them by then)

Martin Ødegaard coin toss if he is still there
Dani Ceballos meh and likely sold
Takefusa Kubo
Reinier
Luka Jović bust so far
Brahim Díaz meh so far
Borja Mayoral  meh

zero chance, even with Håland and then the older (some really old by then) players that is a CL winning side

they would have also add a shit tonne of other class players

they are a hot mess atm

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's going to Real, end of.🤐

Real got another bail out for the Spanish Government or something? Real and Barca are absolutely buggered with their finances at the moment and can hardly pay the liabilities they currently have. Unless something drastic happens neither have the finances to pull it off. Further, Håland is Northern European with a father that only played in Northern Europe. It is unlikely he has that Latin pull that Barca and Real use to secure players from Latin America and the Med. 

At the time of writing only five clubs have the finances to pull him off and they are; Bayern, PSG, City, Utd and Chelsea. PSG can be ruled out as Håland is uber competitive, so unless they go absolutely mental on wages he isn't going there. Bayern probably can be ruled out too as they don't usually pay top dollar. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. 

Personally, I see him going to City, they need a striker, his Dad played there, their finances dwarf both us and Utd and they are currently top dogs. Utd are probably second choice as they have a more stable environment and also have very exciting young players. We do have a chance but I think it is unlikely as we are just so unstable, whilst Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech struggling so much is also not a great look. 

Edited by King Kante
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Real got another bail out for the Spanish Government or something? Real and Barca are absolutely buggered with their finances at the moment and can hardly pay the liabilities they currently have. Unless something drastic happens neither have the finances to pull it off. Further, Håland is Northern European with a father that only played in Northern Europe. It is unlikely he has that Latin pull that Barca and Real use to secure players from Latin America and the Med. 

At the time of writing only five clubs have the finances to pull him off and they are; Bayern, PSG, City, Utd and Chelsea. PSG can be ruled out as Håland is uber competitive, so unless they go absolutely mental on wages he isn't going there. Bayern probably can be ruled out too as they don't usually pay top dollar. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. 

Personally, I see him going to City, they need a striker, his Dad played there, their finances dwarf both us and Utd and they are currently top dogs. Utd are probably second choice as they have a more stable environment and also have very exciting young players. We do have a chance but I think it is unlikely as we are just so unstable, whilst Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech struggling so much is also not a great look. 

Out of interest why would you say United are more stable than us? They've been a spectacularly poor run basketcase of a club since Fergie has left. We offer quite good stabilty for players the old guard, Hazard, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Willian etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Out of interest why would you say United are more stable than us? They've been a spectacularly poor run basketcase of a club since Fergie has left. We offer quite good stabilty for players the old guard, Hazard, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Willian etc.

I think if you look at Utd, they give their managers more time than us. With us, if you have a bad 4-6 weeks Roman starts getting twitchy with his trigger finger. Further, Utd are not too dissimilar to us with their squad make up - slight suspect back line, great collection of young players. That is why I would give them the edge. 

This said, I think it doesn't matter who is ranked 2nd and 3rd as I am certain he'll end up at City. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Real got another bail out for the Spanish Government or something? Real and Barca are absolutely buggered with their finances at the moment and can hardly pay the liabilities they currently have. Unless something drastic happens neither have the finances to pull it off. Further, Håland is Northern European with a father that only played in Northern Europe. It is unlikely he has that Latin pull that Barca and Real use to secure players from Latin America and the Med. 

At the time of writing only five clubs have the finances to pull him off and they are; Bayern, PSG, City, Utd and Chelsea. PSG can be ruled out as Håland is uber competitive, so unless they go absolutely mental on wages he isn't going there. Bayern probably can be ruled out too as they don't usually pay top dollar. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. 

Personally, I see him going to City, they need a striker, his Dad played there, their finances dwarf both us and Utd and they are currently top dogs. Utd are probably second choice as they have a more stable environment and also have very exciting young players. We do have a chance but I think it is unlikely as we are just so unstable, whilst Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech struggling so much is also not a great look. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jason said:

 

Knew there would be state money involved somewhere if they had 😅. That said, not sure this still covers them. There 1bn renovation of their stadium plus existing contracts has really put them in a corner; not as much as Barca but I still don't see them going mega money on Haaland, as their principal target by all accounts is Mbappe. 

I could be wrong but I am still confident Haaland ends up in England and mostly likely at City.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...