Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Make it happen!

Man, I wish his professed love for playing with Lampard also translated into the fact that he is some kind of Chelsea fan...

Regardless, there's going to be a long queue of clubs waiting in line for his signature. We'll need any advantage we can get in order to sign him.

Still think he, or at least a striker in his mold, is the missing piece in our attack.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Question is if we are really a big step forward for his career because we currently are in no position to win any titles in the next 2 years. If he wants to win titles, he will go to Man City or PSG. 

No titles for the next 2 years (as in 2 seasons)?

That's a bit much, don't you think. I can guarantee the club did not bring in someone like Tuchel with those kind of objectives in mind.

7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Question is if we are really a big step forward for his career because we currently are in no position to win any titles in the next 2 years. If he wants to win titles, he will go to Man City or PSG. 

Someone like Haaland would make us title contenders. By next season our new signings will have got accustomed to the EPL and Tuchel's ideas, we'll be stronger and more competitive. I also have a feeling Haaland won't need much adaptation time, he is a true generational talent and they don't need much introduction to start wrecking a league.

Werner and Haaland up top is the stuff of dreams, hope it happens.

Edited by manpe

1 minute ago, DDA said:

We can dream I guess. 

Cant believe we almost signed him but didn't bother. Just typical. 

Another Aguero moment in our History.

I know Matt Law tends to be reliable but not sure how much I believe him in this one. He suddenly just mentioned this and I don't seem to recall any stories of us wanting him last year, not even on The Athletic. It was all Man United back then. 

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

We can dream I guess. 

Cant believe we almost signed him but didn't bother. Just typical. 

Another Aguero moment in our History.

His agent is Raiola, thought we didn't deal with him? Doubt we were "close".

17 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's going to Real, end of.🤐

Lets jump forward 2 seasons (to 2023/24)

the only under 30yo (Cuntois will be over 30 but still easily a top GKer) players Real Madrid will have are (from their current roster, if they keep them)

Éder Militão   shite
Ferland Mendy   decent, but hardly WC atm
Álvaro Odriozola    shite and likely gone
Federico Valverde    WC, their best player in terms of who is now on the roster when looking ahead two years
Vinícius Júnior  has really regressed, only 3 goals all comps this season, although he is still very young (20yo)
Rodrygo    has really regressed, only 1 goal all comps this season, although he is still very young (20yo)
Marco Asensio is a shadow of what people thought he would be

and some out on loan (IF they do not sell them by then)

Martin Ødegaard coin toss if he is still there
Dani Ceballos meh and likely sold
Takefusa Kubo
Reinier
Luka Jović bust so far
Brahim Díaz meh so far
Borja Mayoral  meh

zero chance, even with Håland and then the older (some really old by then) players that is a CL winning side

they would have also add a shit tonne of other class players

they are a hot mess atm

19 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's going to Real, end of.🤐

Real got another bail out for the Spanish Government or something? Real and Barca are absolutely buggered with their finances at the moment and can hardly pay the liabilities they currently have. Unless something drastic happens neither have the finances to pull it off. Further, Håland is Northern European with a father that only played in Northern Europe. It is unlikely he has that Latin pull that Barca and Real use to secure players from Latin America and the Med. 

At the time of writing only five clubs have the finances to pull him off and they are; Bayern, PSG, City, Utd and Chelsea. PSG can be ruled out as Håland is uber competitive, so unless they go absolutely mental on wages he isn't going there. Bayern probably can be ruled out too as they don't usually pay top dollar. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. 

Personally, I see him going to City, they need a striker, his Dad played there, their finances dwarf both us and Utd and they are currently top dogs. Utd are probably second choice as they have a more stable environment and also have very exciting young players. We do have a chance but I think it is unlikely as we are just so unstable, whilst Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech struggling so much is also not a great look. 

Edited by King Kante

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Real got another bail out for the Spanish Government or something? Real and Barca are absolutely buggered with their finances at the moment and can hardly pay the liabilities they currently have. Unless something drastic happens neither have the finances to pull it off. Further, Håland is Northern European with a father that only played in Northern Europe. It is unlikely he has that Latin pull that Barca and Real use to secure players from Latin America and the Med. 

At the time of writing only five clubs have the finances to pull him off and they are; Bayern, PSG, City, Utd and Chelsea. PSG can be ruled out as Håland is uber competitive, so unless they go absolutely mental on wages he isn't going there. Bayern probably can be ruled out too as they don't usually pay top dollar. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. 

Personally, I see him going to City, they need a striker, his Dad played there, their finances dwarf both us and Utd and they are currently top dogs. Utd are probably second choice as they have a more stable environment and also have very exciting young players. We do have a chance but I think it is unlikely as we are just so unstable, whilst Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech struggling so much is also not a great look. 

Out of interest why would you say United are more stable than us? They've been a spectacularly poor run basketcase of a club since Fergie has left. We offer quite good stabilty for players the old guard, Hazard, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Willian etc.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Out of interest why would you say United are more stable than us? They've been a spectacularly poor run basketcase of a club since Fergie has left. We offer quite good stabilty for players the old guard, Hazard, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Willian etc.

I think if you look at Utd, they give their managers more time than us. With us, if you have a bad 4-6 weeks Roman starts getting twitchy with his trigger finger. Further, Utd are not too dissimilar to us with their squad make up - slight suspect back line, great collection of young players. That is why I would give them the edge. 

This said, I think it doesn't matter who is ranked 2nd and 3rd as I am certain he'll end up at City. 

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You