Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Again, are you willing to take that risk considering the level of drastic improvement that is needed with the current squad? Add the fact we are losing both Giroud (potentially) and Tammy? 16th in the table is a lot different than 4th. And this isn't even considering the possibility of Kane moving to City. 

How is it drastic to expect an improvement of at least 5-10 goals from each of our attackers? I don't really disagree that we need a striker but at the same time, even if we do get one, we still need the others to score more than they did if we want to win the league or at least challenge for it. 

If we switch between a back 4 and a back 3 we should improve drastically with the same players. Werner/Havertz/Mount/Pulisic can all play in a 4231/433. Ziyech can rotate in. We haven't seen us play with 4 attackers under tuchel (unless you count CHO as rwb and we are very well against Crystal Palace). 

Against the top 6 we can play with a 343. The bigger teams leave more spaces and we did create good chances against them. 

I think changing the formation against lower teams that sit deep and having a second season for young players that are getting more familiar with each other may help more than people realise. 

I'm excited to get Harland but not desperate 

hace 4 minutos, Supermonkey dijo:

If we switch between a back 4 and a back 3 we should improve drastically with the same players. Werner/Havertz/Mount/Pulisic can all play in a 4231/433. Ziyech can rotate in. We haven't seen us play with 4 attackers under tuchel (unless you count CHO as rwb and we are very well against Crystal Palace). 

Against the top 6 we can play with a 343. The bigger teams leave more spaces and we did create good chances against them. 

I think changing the formation against lower teams that sit deep and having a second season for young players that are getting more familiar with each other may help more than people realise. 

I'm excited to get Harland but not desperate 

Formation hasn't been an issue. We are 1st in chances created since Tuchel has been appointed. Its converting them that's the issue, which is a collective one. 

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

Over €400 million!? LOL

He has massive resale value when the time will come, image rights, superstar status, Roman needs to understand he will make up all the money back for him at some point in time. Get it done!

Edited by R2D2

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Since Tuchel has been appointed we are 16th. 

Again, are you willing to take that risk considering the level of drastic improvement that is needed with the current squad? Add the fact we are losing both Giroud (potentially) and Tammy? 16th in the table is a lot different than 4th. And this isn't even considering the possibility of Kane moving to City. 

City wasted countless chances in their first season under Pep yet without a significant attacking signing that summer (bar Bernardo who was a squad player that campaign) they quickly reverted to the mean and romped to the league with a 20 plus point improvement. 

There's a reason XG/XP is a big thing these days because it gives people an idea on where things are going with certain teams, to use an example on the other end of the scale to us last season Arsenal were creating fuck all in Emery's full season but Auba was finishing almost every chance, people thought they would be all right as he would keep scoring, he did but they still dived down the league.

I believe in a similar way we will revert to the mean like those examples above, getting an out and out striker takes one player away from the build up and may end up being counter productive even if they offer good numbers. We may end up going too far the other way and be relying on that one player to keep taking all their chances. I can easily see that being the case with Lukaku and I just can't ignore the fact BVB have got worse since Haaland has arrived despite his unbelievable numbers.

If we really want to test the waters for a marquee player Sancho or if we are really bold Mbappe (Tuchel here, sort of Chelsea fan and Drogba's friend may give us a small chance especially with the Spanish pair heading into transition), I really worry signing a fox in the box would set back what we are trying to build, even one as good as Haaland.

This is one of these opinions that will make me look like a genius or a complete idiot a couple of years from now but yeah.

hace 3 minutos, Tomo dijo:

City wasted countless chances in their first season under Pep yet without a significant attacking signing that summer (bar Bernardo who was a squad player that campaign) they quickly reverted to the mean and romped to the league with a 20 plus point improvement. 

There's a reason XG/XP is a big thing these days because it gives people an idea on where things are going with certain teams, to use an example on the other end of the scale to us last season Arsenal were creating fuck all in Emery's full season but Auba was finishing almost every chance, people thought they would be all right as he would keep scoring, he did but they still dived down the league.

I believe in a similar way we will revert to the mean like those examples above, getting an out and out striker takes one player away from the build up and may end up being counter productive even if they offer good numbers. We may end up going too far the other way and be relying on that one player to keep taking all their chances. I can easily see that being the case with Lukaku and I just can't ignore the fact BVB have got worse since Haaland has arrived despite his unbelievable numbers.

If we really want to test the waters for a marquee player Sancho or if we are really bold Mbappe (Tuchel here, sort of Chelsea fan and Drogba's friend may give us a small chance especially with the Spanish pair heading into transition), I really worry signing a fox in the box would set back what we are trying to build, even one as good as Haaland.

This is one of these opinions that will make me look like a genius or a complete idiot a couple of years from now but yeah.

Also helped having Aguero banging in 33 goals...

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Formation hasn't been an issue. We are 1st in chances created since Tuchel has been appointed. Its converting them that's the issue, which is a collective one. 

I'm saying I think we can create even more with a back four against lower sides which should help even with fishy finishers. But more importantly our young stars will be a year older AND more familiar with how each other thinks 

hace 1 hora, Tomo dijo:

Or what *if* one of them have a Drogba 06/07 esque improvement? I mean it's pretty strange you wouldn't factor in potential second season improvement, especially with Havertz.

What many are missing is we don't actually need one of them to turn into a 20 goal season striker we need all of them to improve by 5 goals in average which i think is quite easily doable. 

Would agree but also I think having someone with Haaland’s mentality and ability at that age, you’d hope would also elevate the others around them and also the reward over a prolonged period is massive if his career continues on the trajectory its had in the last 2/3 seasons. That ruthless killer mentality in front of goal is what we are missing in an abundance. Sort of thing that the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Lewandowski, Salah, Aguero etc have when they are in on goal you know 99/100 times its a goal.

I get it makes it a bit of a jigsaw fitting everyone in but like when we signed Eden in 2012, I think if the option is there and the possibility, we might as well because he is basically a one in a million player. I know the scenario was maybe slightly different regarding we needed younger attacking players then but at the same time, say we don’t get a Haaland or a Kane or someone of that ilk, say City or United do and they go and take them up another level, I think we may regret not trying. 

It will be interesting though because aye Havertz can operate as either a false 9 as he has done with Tuchel, but we will 100% need to have at least 5+ league goals more from each of him, Mount, Timo, Callum, Christian etc if we dont get a striker but also, with a striker he can play as second striker or attacking midfielder off of them I would think. Similarly to Werner despite the difference in playing styles. Kai being this sort of hybrid player like Tuchel described him as alongside a proper number 9 would actually give us more flexibility. Particulary with 343. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Justo ahora, Supermonkey dijo:

I'm not happy with the wage structure fuck. Look at the problems Barcelona, Madrid and United have got themselves into because they fucked around with the squads wage structure. 

Let's spend wisely. Aguero or lewa would be good 

Aguero signed for Barca. Last week or one beforehand. 

Lewandowski would never happen because of his age and his contract length also. He would also cost a good bit of wages I would think still because well he’s Lewandowski and he would want a big salary based around the fact hes been the best or consistent number 9 in the world alongside Luis Suarez for probably a period of nearly 10 years. 

I will be honest I refuse to believe any club in the world is giving Dortmund and Haaland a package that will exceed €400-450m but it will for sure be expensive regardless. As it would be for Mbappe. Or any other player of that ilk. 

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's an incredibly difficult position the club is actually in.

The 'easy assumption' is to just buy a striker that can finish these chances but if we introduce a striker who cannot offer much in the build up, will that then reduce our chances created, and thus potentially put us in a no different position to before. How many of those chances were created by Werner's movement and pace which could be a completely different skillset to someone else we buy.

On the flipside however I do think we're talking one of the best players of this coming generation and we may not get a better opportunity to buy him, just like Havertz last summer. He could indeed be the missing piece of the puzzle and mix perfectly with the attacking players we have and score 20+ goals a season for the next few years.

What I do hope is if it's not one of the very top strikers (Haaland, Mbappe, Kane), it won't just end up being anything for the sake of it. I'd rather in that situation we use our budget for other areas of the squad and re-assess again next summer when potentially Haaland and Mbappe both may be options on the market.

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I guess this kinda illustrates your point...?

pizza_erling_haaland_ST_2020-21-1-2048x2

pizza_timo_werner_ST_2020-21-1-2048x2048

pizza_kai_havertz_ST_2020-21-2048x2048.p

150m euros in transfer fee, I feel is doable, perhaps whether Tammy is taken into account in terms of lowering the cash amount or the amount of sales we will make this summer.

the part that concerns me and always has, is the wages, like I said previously I back Marina, if there is a feasible way to do it and structure it, then she will. 

Mino will be pushing for a sale this summer as it means a more hefty payout for him and our pull has never been stronger/won’t be for a while, considering we are UCL winners, circa 2012/Hazardgate.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You