Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

Don't get your expectations up just yet...still got a long way to go here.

Big Roman is going all in. You don't hear that often. 

Player swaps never happen. Or if they do it’s ultra rare. And if Dortmund were interested in any of our players I think CHO is the only one. Tammy is nowhere near Haaland’s level so them replacing one with the other makes no sense.

Any deal here will be straight cash I would think.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tammy is nowhere near Haaland’s level so them replacing one with the other makes no sense.

Well to be fair they are really unlikely to find a striker even close to as good as Haaland anywhere. But if they got say Tammy + 110M they could use the remaining cash to improve on other areas of the team as well so it might not even matter if Haaland's direct replacement isn't as good.

Edited by Jype

do you consider so much Haaland because his stats on goals, or because you have seen him play? if you have, what skills him has?

Edited by BlueGuy

I really find it hard to believe that Dortmund would sell both Sancho AND Haaland in the same window. 

And IF they are inclined to sell Haaland this summer, then I'd be surprised if someone like City wouldn't try to make a move when they are also looking for a striker.

18 minutes ago, Jas said:

I really find it hard to believe that Dortmund would sell both Sancho AND Haaland in the same window. 

And IF they are inclined to sell Haaland this summer, then I'd be surprised if someone like City wouldn't try to make a move when they are also looking for a striker.

To be fair, City are also normally discreet so I don't think we would know. Furthermore, I am not sure Haaland is a Pep type player, I could see him wanting Kane more. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

To be fair, City are also normally discreet so I don't think we would know. Furthermore, I am not sure Haaland is a Pep type player, I could see him wanting Kane more. 

Maybe but Levy is a more pain in the arse to deal with and Haaland would represent a better, longer term investment than Kane. 

I agree that Haaland doesn’t seem like the sort of striker that Pep would normally fancy. He’s not really a guy who plays in intricate spaces and is heavily involved in the buildup. And he definitely isn’t a striker who likes standing around the box while City’s midfielders ping it around a hundred times.

For me the two clubs he would fit like a glove in the PL are ourselves and Liverpool. Teams that like to aggressively press, win the ball high, and blitz opponents with pace and athleticism. He’s a monster in open space and with the runners we’d have around him that space will be available to him constantly.

Saying all that, Haaland would of course score a boat load in the City team. But so would any top striker.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I agree that Haaland doesn’t seem like the sort of striker that Pep would normally fancy. He’s not really a guy who plays in intricate spaces and is heavily involved in the buildup. And he definitely isn’t a striker who likes standing around the box while City’s midfielders ping it around a hundred times.

For me the two clubs he would fit like a glove in the PL are ourselves and Liverpool. Teams that like to aggressively press, win the ball high, and blitz opponents with pace and athleticism. He’s a monster in open space and with the runners we’d have around him that space will be available to him constantly.

Saying all that, Haaland would of course score a boat load in the City team. But so would any top striker.

Kante to City

Haalnad to us

Everyone's happy.

8 hours ago, Jas said:

True but assuming everyone is fit (like they all were since the last international break), how long we can really rotate before someone becomes unhappy? If Tuchel sticks with the back 3 and say Mount is a certainty to start, then that leaves only 2 spaces. IF we get Haaland, you aren't exactly going to bench him either I'd imagine. Every one of the others would want to start week in week out. They are not going to be happy to play one game, sit out one game and then play one game again. 

As mentioned, our attackers were injury free since the March international break with the exception of Havertz for that Leicester league game and during that period, there were some noises about Pulisic not being happy with his lack of playing time/super sub role. Imagine next season with one more superstar in the team! And USA did not qualify for the Olympics but Pulisic will be playing for USA at the Gold Cup this summer. 

I don't disagree with having options to rotate like City but on the other hand, one could also argue about the benefit of having consistent selection like Liverpool.

Why are we worried that someone becomes unhappy? If someone is unhappy they move on next year and we replace them - like Tammy this year.  I'd rather have enough quality options - for years Chelsea was a Hazard, Costa, Kante injury away from being a mid-table side. Kepa's backup options when he arrived were 35 yo Willy and 36 yo Eduardo.

possible marina's offer to Dortmund :

1. transfer fee = €90m
2. add ons (bonus UCL, EPL thropy) = €15m
3. tammy = €40m (we can also sell separately)
4. CHO (loan) = €5m
5. Agent Fee = €20m

total = €170m, with cash around €125m

and for Haaland's wages for 6 years contract :

1. basic Wages/week = €300k
2. bonus per goal = €20-30k (imagine having him doing hattrick every week for fun 😂)
3. bonus per asisst = €10k
4. PL topscorer = €5m

last but not least,,if this truly happen. just put the release clause €250m to avoid from those cheater agent....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You