Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

7 players for 3 roles in a 343

7 players for 4 roles in a 4231 and 433

Either we sell an attacker or two or Tuchel will definitely have some unhappy players. 

If we sell two players, we could potentially take away the squad depth. If we sell one, then it's probably still okay. But again, how long can we rotate before someone complains about the playing time? That's for the back 3.

If we go to a back 4, then comes the tactical problems. If we play 4-2-3-1, where does Havertz fit in? Where does Mount fit in? Where does Werner fit in? Havertz may or may not be as the #10. Mount doesn't seem good in the pivot and isn't really creative enough as a #10. Werner isn't going to create too much from wide areas. If we play 4-3-3, where does Havertz fit in? He's not really suited to playing in the midfield or wide areas. Also the same question mark with Werner in the wide areas. Then we also gotta make sure everyone else, including the midfielders and defenders can function in a back 4 and not have a system breakdown like we saw under Lampard. Tuchel used the back 3 to help paper over those cracks. 

40 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

------Haaland-------

Mount-----Havertz

Every time someone hype up a potential attacking lineup, it never works out. Remember when most of us were salivating at the prospect of Pulisic-Havertz-Ziyech behind Werner last summer? 🤣 Or remember MaZaCar? That didn't last too long either. 

It is claimed that Borussia Dortmund have asked for a fee of £154m in order to part ways with their star man Haaland, a request that Blues owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly prepared to oblige. (Express) #CFC #BVB

26 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Falk just confirmed the rumors

200.gif

Falk has lost the plot recently, I rank his opinions these days at about the same as I do those found in the Daily Sport. 

Just now, King Kante said:

Falk has lost the plot recently, I rank his opinions these days at about the same as I do those found in the Daily Sport. 

Don't forget, Mount hates Havertz!

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

If we sell two players, we could potentially take away the squad depth. If we sell one, then it's probably still okay. But again, how long can we rotate before someone complains about the playing time? That's for the back 3.

If we go to a back 4, then comes the tactical problems. If we play 4-2-3-1, where does Havertz fit in? Where does Mount fit in? Where does Werner fit in? Havertz may or may not be as the #10. Mount doesn't seem good in the pivot and isn't really creative enough as a #10. Werner isn't going to create too much from wide areas. If we play 4-3-3, where does Havertz fit in? He's not really suited to playing in the midfield or wide areas. Also the same question mark with Werner in the wide areas. Then we also gotta make sure everyone else, including the midfielders and defenders can function in a back 4 and not have a system breakdown like we saw under Lampard. Tuchel used the back 3 to help paper over those cracks. 

Next season with the Super Cup and World Club Cup, we've got even more games than normal. 3 - 4 extra games may not feel a lot but the World Club Cup in particular is awkward to push back league games for us so there will be more weeks of 3 games. The options hasn't done City any harm and if anything has aided them being able to challenge for everything they've entered. I'd argue the ability for Tuchel to rotate the options in attack helped us tackle 3 competitions ourselves.

The other thing to consider is our attacking options have been susceptible to injury. Werner and Mount got flogged to death in stages last season because Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz all had to contend with injuries. All it takes is a couple out for 3 - 4 weeks and suddenly the options look incredibly thin. Ziyech will also miss time with AFCON and wasn't there talk of Pulisic representing USA in the Olympics?

If (and a big if) we were able to buy Haaland then I would look at an attacking group of Mount, Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and Haaland. Besides Haaland, the others are comfortable with playing different roles in that attack. It gives us strong options from the bench and should keep pushing every one of them to challenge for minutes but stay fresh through the season. I'd be inclined to keep Hudson Odoi also, primarily as an attacking alternative to James at wing back (if the alternative is someone like Adama or Hoffmann then it seems a no brainer). But CHO then also gives an extra option in attack if we're struggling with injuries.

We’d probably shuffle around the team depending on the opponent game to game. Which Tuchel showed he’s capable of doing. I wouldn’t be worried about players being unhappy. Like we saw with Pep’s City team there may be 1 or 2 who are unhappy but that’s life at a top club. That’s the sort of depth you need to dominate.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Next season with the Super Cup and World Club Cup, we've got even more games than normal. 3 - 4 extra games may not feel a lot but the World Club Cup in particular is awkward to push back league games for us so there will be more weeks of 3 games. The options hasn't done City any harm and if anything has aided them being able to challenge for everything they've entered. I'd argue the ability for Tuchel to rotate the options in attack helped us tackle 3 competitions ourselves.

The other thing to consider is our attacking options have been susceptible to injury. Werner and Mount got flogged to death in stages last season because Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz all had to contend with injuries. All it takes is a couple out for 3 - 4 weeks and suddenly the options look incredibly thin. Ziyech will also miss time with AFCON and wasn't there talk of Pulisic representing USA in the Olympics?

If (and a big if) we were able to buy Haaland then I would look at an attacking group of Mount, Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and Haaland. Besides Haaland, the others are comfortable with playing different roles in that attack. It gives us strong options from the bench and should keep pushing every one of them to challenge for minutes but stay fresh through the season. I'd be inclined to keep Hudson Odoi also, primarily as an attacking alternative to James at wing back (if the alternative is someone like Adama or Hoffmann then it seems a no brainer). But CHO then also gives an extra option in attack if we're struggling with injuries.

True but assuming everyone is fit (like they all were since the last international break), how long we can really rotate before someone becomes unhappy? If Tuchel sticks with the back 3 and say Mount is a certainty to start, then that leaves only 2 spaces. IF we get Haaland, you aren't exactly going to bench him either I'd imagine. Every one of the others would want to start week in week out. They are not going to be happy to play one game, sit out one game and then play one game again. 

As mentioned, our attackers were injury free since the March international break with the exception of Havertz for that Leicester league game and during that period, there were some noises about Pulisic not being happy with his lack of playing time/super sub role. Imagine next season with one more superstar in the team! And USA did not qualify for the Olympics but Pulisic will be playing for USA at the Gold Cup this summer. 

I don't disagree with having options to rotate like City but on the other hand, one could also argue about the benefit of having consistent selection like Liverpool.

We can hope the salary obstacle can be navigated by win bonuses. With all the potential and oodles of talent Haaland has, I would truly be against handing a 350k-500k (going off reports here) to someone unproven in our league. 

1 hour ago, Jas said:

Every time someone hype up a potential attacking lineup, it never works out. Remember when most of us were salivating at the prospect of Pulisic-Havertz-Ziyech behind Werner last summer? 🤣 Or remember MaZaCar? That didn't last too long either. 

Ill test it out in Fifa to confirm. 

40 minutes ago, Jas said:

True but assuming everyone is fit (like they all were since the last international break), how long we can really rotate before someone becomes unhappy? If Tuchel sticks with the back 3 and say Mount is a certainty to start, then that leaves only 2 spaces. IF we get Haaland, you aren't exactly going to bench him either I'd imagine. Every one of the others would want to start week in week out. They are not going to be happy to play one game, sit out one game and then play one game again. 

As mentioned, our attackers were injury free since the March international break with the exception of Havertz for that Leicester league game and during that period, there were some noises about Pulisic not being happy with his lack of playing time/super sub role. Imagine next season with one more superstar in the team! And USA did not qualify for the Olympics but Pulisic will be playing for USA at the Gold Cup this summer. 

I don't disagree with having options to rotate like City but on the other hand, one could also argue about the benefit of having consistent selection like Liverpool.

You'll always have patches in the season where some don't play as often as they'd like but I'm sure with 6 players, come the end of the season they'd have all started 30 games and probably played their part in 40 or more. It would be up to Tuchel to get them all aiming for one common goal, which is more trophies. I'd like to hope that the UCL has only given them a thirst for more and we've potentially got the squad to challenge on multiple fronts next season.

Mount, Havertz and Werner could all play big parts for their countries this summer, and as you mentioned Pulisic is playing in the Gold Cup. Add to that extra club games, international games, Ziyech at the Afcon and then the World Cup next summer, the fixture list this next year is going to be ridiculous. They will all need opportunities to be rotated and rested during the season and I think 6 is a good number for 3 positions.

I wouldn't necessarily say Mount is a certainty. I think he currently is in our "best XI" but we got a couple of good results/performances without him under Tuchel and the onus is on him to kick on again this coming season as he definitely needs to add more goals to his game to get to break into the highest level of players. Haaland too, would likely be used more often than not but he's not a cast iron guarantee to hit the ground running. He may need next season to acclimatise himself, so the alternative options to him could end up being a blessing. Unlike say Werner, who wasn't pulled out of the firing line when he was struggling for form because we had no other options at the time.

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haaland, Werner, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic, and CHO

For 3 spots....

Cannot see Ziyech lasting tbh. CHO also doesn't look like he has much of a chance bar RWB. 

Feeling the same skepticism as last year when rumors of Havertz first started appearing. That one turned out okay in the end. 😆

Probably not quite impossible but really, really difficult to make happen. 

Whatever happens, let's hope it gets settled rather quickly. Would hate a lengthy transfer saga.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You