• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

A defeat here would genuinely cause some concern over Lampard's future I'd imagine. 

There is something I've been curious about. Maybe there are some perks of being an English manager but have noticed that there have hardly been stories about Lampard being in danger of getting the sacked, players questioning the manager's methods, players being unhappy etc whenever we have a bad run of results ever since he took over. Compared it to previous managers, there were always some stories from journalists on one of those at some point but there's been none under Lampard, as far as I remember. Now, maybe the club have really changed tact from the past and trying to be more patient, the players still believe in Lampard etc (though I really wonder if any of them is having doubts considering we are all here debating about issues within the team) and nothing is gonna happen during a bad run. At the same time though, also can't help but feel that some of the journalists who cover the club, having listened to them on podcasts and read their articles, are rather pro-Lampard/Lampard apologists and try not to publish any negative stories on him, even when they have some inside info on what's happening behind the scenes.

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think the thing that is helping Frank is people are really focused on Arsenal falling apart and what will happen to Arteta. Ole had the eye of Sauron on him, but seems to have survived.

It's a cliche but it probably also helps Lampard that he's English. Would be interesting to see the media reaction if the results continue to go south. 

If we continue to go south, the media will chase the story. He may very well be getting a slight pass because the English press want to see an English manager and beloved son succeed. As long as Roman is willing to have patience, Frank is fortunate that he has built that bond with the press through both playing and he is pretty accommodating to the press.

If you were FL, would you do it better? How? Think of it carefully before you answer. It is easy said than done. 

Yes, we do have opinions. We do think that our ways are the best. However, nobody is stupid. Everybody has his/her own reasons to do something. Do you know football more than FL? I don't defend him. I just want you to be fair. 

4 hours ago, Mana said:

This is what I was also thinking when we appointed him. 

I genuinely believe though that the media will starting look at Lampard's failures if we lose to West Ham for the 3rd time in a row (all under Moyes of all people), that has never happened in our history, 3rd consecutive loss and drop to 10th in the table. 

Not true, the first one was Pellegrini.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It's a cliche but it probably also helps Lampard that he's English. Would be interesting to see the media reaction if the results continue to go south. 

But at the same time I feel Ole gets a lot more stick than Arteta. Yeah, I get Lamps is English but Arteta isn't and he seems to be treated as the second coming of Christ. Because he learned from Pep, it seems the media portrayed him as some great before he barely started his managerial career. I think even now, he is not getting as much slack as previous Arsenal managers have. This is their worst start in how many years???

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

But at the same time I feel Ole gets a lot more stick than Arteta. Yeah, I get Lamps is English but Arteta isn't and he seems to be treated as the second coming of Christ. Because he learned from Pep, it seems the media portrayed him as some great before he barely started his managerial career. I think even now, he is not getting as much slack as previous Arsenal managers have. This is their worst start in how many years???

Agree on Arteta but the 'Will Arteta get the sack?' stories are already floating about. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Giroud

Pulisic----------------Ziyech

Mount--Kovacic

Kante

Chilwell---Silva---Zouma---James

Mendy

Would hope that Werner plays ST and Havertz on the right if CHO/Ziyech aren't ready. The only way to recover their form is to keep playing them