• Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Well thanks for the depressing conversation guys and gals.

I'm happy with the result - we have stopped leaking stupid goals and the team looks more organised.

Lots of new players all needing to bed in and arguably the toughest league in the world.

If we are still having shit at Xmas maybe I will change my mind about SFL management. Just sad to see a forum of Chelsea fans being super negative about every aspect all of the time...

Yup Xmas is my limit too, until then im still Frank in, though it def hasnt been easy.

33 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

You watched Ziyech right?

He needs to stop reading the Willan book of corner taking. 

Frank is giving Ziyech plenty of opportunity but he's rusty as fuck and will be at least a month before he is anything like useful...

Pulisic is very flat and Kai and Timo are adapting to a new league. It all takes time

Corners and cameos are nothing to go by. Ziyech is ready to start and we should take the punt 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Better defenders? I think our defense is good enough, it is our horrible midfield that can't transition from defense to offense.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Yup midfield is a worry.....why in the fuck cant Kova get a look in ffs. As many have said Lamps still dont know his style or formation...or first 11 for that matter. Heres hoping.

I'm fuming with that, unlike some of you jumping for joy at a clean sheet. That was shite, lifeless and against a team that is as bad as them at the back with what we have spent is pathetic.

We are all sat praising a goalkeeper that nearly passed it into his own net and Silva who did play very well, is that what we have become?

Fucking crap, lifeless and I bet Frank had that big daft grin on his face of relief.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

These games against Sevilla and Man United remind me of the time when Mourinho decided to start parking the bus after the 5-2 loss at Spurs in 2014/15 and relied on individual brilliance. Had Hazard back then to make the difference. No one capable of doing it now.

But its been like this relying on individual brillIance since the end of 2019 to now. As has been discussed in other threads. 

21 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If we stay near the top of the table and get a few more defenders in January, these team could become something special. Our schedule until the January window opens is really encouraging.

really? Wheres the goals coming from? Look at the second half. Look at v Sevilla. Its either be solid and struggle offensively or the opposite way round.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But its been like this relying on individual brillIance since the end of 2019 to now. As has been discussed in other threads. 

Yes but we were actually exciting to watch as a team in the first half of that 2014/15 season. We were also exciting to watch as a team early on under Lampard, before it all changed from one thing to another till I'm not sure anymore.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm fuming with that, unlike some of you jumping for joy at a clean sheet. That was shite, lifeless and against a team that is as bad as them at the back with what we have spent is pathetic.

We are all sat praising a goalkeeper that nearly passed it into his own net and Silva who did play very well, is that what we have become?

Fucking crap, lifeless and I bet Frank had that big daft grin on his face of relief.

So the 3 big saves he made are all Wiped off because of 1 shit pass? Also man utd are by no means a BAD team 

really? Wheres the goals coming from? Look at the second half. Look at v Sevilla. Its either be solid and struggle offensively or the opposite way round.

Exactly. Its hard to pin down progression when you are sacrificing one area of the game to improve another.

Sure, we defend better with 7 defensive players. What happens when you want to win games? Sacrifice defensive solidity for attacking threat? Back to square one.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

A back 8 (or 9) and then just the 2 upfront...
ElHXSXMU0AAGtqZ?format=png&name=large
Would have worked perfectly if we had Hazard or Cesc in the team. Mou and Conte only got results in these big games because of them.

As long as Jorgi and Kante are our best midfielders, we will never find the right balance. Next season, it will be Rice and Kante, which is much better defensively, but lacks much offensive potential

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

These games against Sevilla and Man United remind me of the time when Mourinho decided to start parking the bus after the 5-2 loss at Spurs in 2014/15 and relied on individual brilliance. Had Hazard back then to make the difference. No one capable of doing it now.

I fairness, we barely scored at OT even with Eden.

That said, the next couple of weeks will tell us how good this result was, Krasandor, Burnley and SHU coming up, no excuse for anything less than 9 points.