• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

I am very happy that our defense is showing growth. The front four will gel and get deadly. Our team needs to stay in touch with the top of the table while the players learn to play together. Six new players...I am very happy with how we are progressing.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

2 clean sheets is good..the fact.we didn't score for either however...just gana be on a run of draws at this rate!

Could've been worse..but couldve been better. Just so flat!!

i had a fucking heart in the mouth moment when Rashford hit that shot, but Mendy's save was amazing, top goalkeeping, a breath of fresh air, if Kepa was in goal we would have lost today hands down. I hate that we couldnt win, but i'll take the point and clean sheet right now. Mendy and Silva motm for us today.

I am 1000% sure we would've lost this game last year.  Likely by an embarrassing scoreline.  Mendy, Thiago Silva, Chilwell settled everything down when things got a little dicey.  Reece and Dave as well.  Take the point and move on...

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:
2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:
You can be defensively solid and have purpose in attack, we def didnt

Gotta start somewhere. Drawing 3 3 every game wasn't the answer

Most def not yes, but this also shows how inexperienced FL is. There is no balance, no purpose. I hope it comes soon enough

All the defence played well.

Same people criticising us being defensive are the same people critisicing lampard for being naive and playing to open vs the bigger teams. Pick one.

We look so much more solid with mendy in goal so now when we push forward more we should have a much better platform to do so.
Theres nothing to push forward on. This match we played 5 defenders and 2 dms. Unless you think we should play the same formation going forward?

The midweek game was a better bar to judge.
We also, somehow, were quite comfortably more attacking in the midweek game (though we were pretty toothless then as well).

These 523 games tell us nothing about improvement, because its relegated to the shelf until frank loses his nerve against a big team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If we hadn't dropped points v WBA and Southampton, I would take this draw as a clean sheet at Old Trafford along with a point isn’t always the worst thing in the world. Now though, having dropped them points, I think today was a real chance to make a statement and we needed the 3 points. Typical we went 343. Don’t understand why. We didn’t even play 343 v Liverpool. 9 points from 6 games isn’t amazing and questions rightfully should be asked as its a poorer return than expected. Must win every game in the league up to Spurs now to get some more points on the board, then hopefully get a win v Spurs.

Mendy and Chilwell are definite upgrades and you can see that they are relied upon.

Only thing we needed was someone to carry the ball from midfield into open space in their half. I thought Havertz would do that, but he was restricted to the wing a lot. Kovacic would have had a field day there. Instead we had Kante who can carry the ball but can't finish off his move well. I get that Kante is a great defensive player who is great off the ball as well, but Jorginho can't make a killer pass when our forwards are pressed this much and that is why we need someone to carry the ball and get the attention of the defenders. Pulisic can do it but he hasn't quite got his touch yet.

Azpi and Thiago with a great performance. Reece is a tank as usual, and is getting better at controlling the ball.

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Theres nothing to push forward on. This match we played 5 defenders and 2 dms. Unless you think we should play the same formation going forward?

The midweek game was a better bar to judge.
We also, somehow, were quite comfortably more attacking in the midweek game (though we were pretty toothless then as well).

These 523 games tell us nothing about improvement, because its relegated to the shelf until frank loses his nerve against a big team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jorginho and Kante are no DM

I am ok with the tactics to a large degree as I understand we need to shore up at the back, however the subs left me fuming again. Why in the hell were Giroud and Kova not put on as the first two? As for the third I would be ok with Mount or Ziyech depending on how the game was going. I just do not get how SFL does not realise that CM is a real problem as it does not link the back line to the front line and how he appears to rate Werner and Tammy as target men with all the long balls being hit. 

MotM - Mendy/Thiago. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

An utterly horrendous 2nd half performance both tactically and as an attacking unit. But holy shit what a difference Mendy and Thiago Silva make. We look like an actual solid unit and have a commanding keeper! It's been ages since we could say that.

Not at all happy with the performance but I'll take a point at Old Toilet any time. 

Really hope we start to see Ziyech getting starts ASAP. We need some more creativity and invention in our attack. I realize Frank is slowly integrating him, but we need him badly. 

Getting Ziyech and Kova in the team will make a huge difference I feel.

You watched Ziyech right?

He needs to stop reading the Willan book of corner taking. 

Frank is giving Ziyech plenty of opportunity but he's rusty as fuck and will be at least a month before he is anything like useful...

Pulisic is very flat and Kai and Timo are adapting to a new league. It all takes time