6. Thiago Silva

Jase

5 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Nooooooooooooo

At his age, end of career injury?

End of carreer? Papers write about 6 weeks. 

At this point of the season, maybe anyway it's better to play Fofana and Badiashile, and let's see if Koulibaly if usable for the future. 

Massive blow of course and he will be missed, but with Fofana and Badiashile it shouldn’t be devastating to the team.

Hell, maybe it’ll give us the chance to go back to a back 3 so James and Chilly can actually be utilized in attack. Fofana, Trev, and Badiashile is a very good back 3.

26 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

End of carreer? Papers write about 6 weeks. 

At this point of the season, maybe anyway it's better to play Fofana and Badiashile, and let's see if Koulibaly if usable for the future. 

Badiashile not registered in Europe. Need to face Dortmund with Fofana - Koulibaly. 

38 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Knee ligament damage. Now we are fucked.

31 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Nooooooooooooo

At his age, end of career injury?

It doesn't sound like it's major ligament damage (reports suggest weeks rather than months) and there's an international break coming up too so he's expected to miss I believe the remaining 4 games before that break and then remains to be seen how quickly he can get himself fit after that so we might not lose him for too long, game wise.

Ultimately though, the next couple of games he is going to be a massive miss and even more so in the Dortmund game when Badiashile is also unavailable. 

Yeah, considering PL games have no more importance this is great opportunity to build Fofana-Badiashile partnership for the future. They can be here for next decade easily. KK will still play a lot I think because he must play CL. Silva potentially back for semis. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah, considering PL games have no more importance this is great opportunity to build Fofana-Badiashile partnership for the future. They can be here for next decade easily. KK will still play a lot I think because he must play CL. Silva potentially back for semis. 

As much as I've liked Badiashille so far, I think Colwill will be taking his place pretty quickly.

Fuck Letters GIF - Fuck Letters Moving - Discover & Share GIFs

Chelsea defender Thiago Silva set to be sidelined for six weeks with knee ligament injury

https://theathletic.com/4271923/2023/03/03/thiago-silva-Chelsea-injury/

Chelsea defender Thiago Silva set to be sidelined for six weeks with knee ligament injury

Thiago Silva is set to be out for six weeks after sustaining a knee ligament injury against Tottenham Hotspur, head coach Graham Potter has confirmed.

Silva limped off after 19 minutes during Chelsea’s 2-0 Premier League defeat to Tottenham on Sunday and a scan on Monday confirmed the extent of the injury

The defender will miss Chelsea’s Premier League match against Leeds United on Saturday. Potter’s side will also continue to be without goalkeeper Edouard Mendy for this weekend’s game due to a shoulder injury, while Mason Mount is out with a lower abdomen problem.

N’Golo Kante has returned to training following a hamstring injury but is not yet available for first-team action, while Reece James is a doubt due to hamstring tightness. Cesar Azpilicueta is making progress after suffering a blow to the head against Southampton but remains unavailable as he is still following concussion protocols.

Thiago (Silva) will be around that time (six weeks), I’m not sure exactly,” Potter said during Friday’s pre-match press conference.

“Mendy’s making progress, not yet joined full training with the group. N’Golo (Kante) had his first full training session today but obviously still needs time.

“Mason has had a problem with his lower abdomen area so he will miss the game tomorrow, I don’t think it will be too long but too soon tomorrow. Reece has a little bit of tightness in his hamstring we’re just assessing him but he’s doubtful for tomorrow.

“Aspi’s (Azpilicueta) made progress but still not through the protocols we need to do after a head injury like that.”

Silva’s injury will rule him out of Chelsea’s round of 16 second leg tie against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday. The west London club also have fixtures against Leicester, Everton, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Wolves that could come too soon for the defender.

Edited by Vesper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave a brilliant post match interview, cannot link as I’m on my phone but I’m sure you can find it on Twitter. Outlines the issues with the squad, signing 8 in January, had to increase physically the size of the dressing room, players unhappy etc.

Such a shame he’s the age he is because I’d love to keep him around for as long as possible but the reality is that he will probably retire the end of next year in terms of Premier league.

32 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

When one of, if not the most professional players out there speaks out about his employers, something is definitely wrong.

It's sad that, that match could be his last in the champions league.

Yeah, everybody knows it, but say it aloud is very brave and rather extreme move, unseen in times of corporate correctness. Risky, but in only show how on the edge the players who actually care are…