6. Thiago Silva

Jase

On 26/12/2022 at 04:20, chelsea_4_eva said:

Should have won Player of the Season last season with his consistent performances.

Unless someone kicks some incredible form on for the second half of the season, I think he's currently nailed on this year.

one of the best pieces of business this club has done in the past 20 years, top player and professional, just a shame he isn’t younger. We can’t complain, we got a CL, CWC, SC out of him, and could have won a few domestic cups as well. For me he’s in Terry, Cech, Drogba, Lamps, etc legend status for the club even if he’s been here for a short time. He’s Chelsea quality

Edited by Johnnyeye

8 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

one of the best pieces of business this club has done in the past 20 years, top player and professional, just a shame he isn’t younger. We can’t complain, we got a CL, CWC, SC out of him, and could have won a few domestic cups as well. For me he’s in Terry, Cech, Drogba, Lamps, etc legend status for the club even if he’s been here for a short time. He’s Chelsea quality

That's maybe taking it a little far but he is a legend already that is for sure...having him at our club is an absolute honour.

If you ask me, Thiago can just stay here as long as he wants. he is no one to throw a fit if he does not play, so just have him training with the squad, sharing his wisdom is worth millions. We must do everything to keep him at the club even after his retirement, best give him a job as defense coach

Would agree, he's not quite in that top echelon of legends due to the longevity aspect, but he is definitely a Chelsea legend. I mentioned this before but one of the closest players he resembles to be honest is Vialli. Someone that has enjoyed his prime and created a legacy elsewhere and joined here in his twilight years but put every ounce of energy and commitment into making themselves a success here and just embracing the culture and fans of the club.

He's the equivalent of footballing royalty and it's easy to say to implement a plan to phase him out but someone actually needs to step up first and consistently play above his level. I'm genuinely unsure if there's a centre back in the league currently that is better than him right now, let alone at Chelsea.

On 24/01/2023 at 14:56, Superblue said:

Would agree, he's not quite in that top echelon of legends due to the longevity aspect, but he is definitely a Chelsea legend. I mentioned this before but one of the closest players he resembles to be honest is Vialli. Someone that has enjoyed his prime and created a legacy elsewhere and joined here in his twilight years but put every ounce of energy and commitment into making themselves a success here and just embracing the culture and fans of the club.

He's the equivalent of footballing royalty and it's easy to say to implement a plan to phase him out but someone actually needs to step up first and consistently play above his level. I'm genuinely unsure if there's a centre back in the league currently that is better than him right now, let alone at Chelsea.

With Dias having an off year, and VVD in decline (he never recovered his best on planet form since that bad knee injury) I would say the two best CBs in the EPL have been Thiago and Saliba.

Sven Botman and Fabian Schär have been a great pair for NUFC.

Hopefully Todd Boehly & co buy Doc & Marty McFlys DeLorean so we can go back 8-10 years and get a younger Thiago Silva.

He has been nothing short of outstanding since being here but I have a real feeling that next season will be his last. Either he will retire or a go for a year back in Brazil.

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully Todd Boehly & co buy Doc & Marty McFlys DeLorean so we can go back 8-10 years and get a younger Thiago Silva.

He has been nothing short of outstanding since being here but I have a real feeling that next season will be his last. Either he will retire or a go for a year back in Brazil.

I keep waiting for some kind of reverse-age-cheating-scandal where it turns out he started playing professional football at 12 and lied about his age to get in the men's team 

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I keep waiting for some kind of reverse-age-cheating-scandal where it turns out he started playing professional football at 12 and lied about his age to get in the men's team 

go watch Totti at 38yo boss the field for Roma on 2014/15

same for Paolo Maldini at 38/39

winning the CL and FWCC in 2006 to late 2007

(he really should have not turned down his Italy place at the 2006 WC, that cost him the only trophy (and the biggest) he lacks)

Thiago's full statement about his contract negotiation.... I hope he stays to coach when his playing days are over.

We are talking about this, probably everything will happen in the next few days. My intention, and the club's as well, is to stay together. I know that the club needs me at this moment. I am here to help, they are young players. I know that, with my experience, I can help in this process of rebuilding the club, I am here for this, willing to do this, but I know that my responsibility is very big.

49 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What's crazy about Silva is that when he was free agent in summer 2020 no top clubs went after him. He was very close to Fiorentina and we stepped up in the end. 

We lucked out. Could you imagine just how bad it could have been if we hadn't got him...... we would probably be 19th right now lol.

26 minutes ago, DDA said:

We lucked out. Could you imagine just how bad it could have been if we hadn't got him...... we would probably be 19th right now lol.

We would be looking for our 3rd manager this season if he wasn't here. Has had some big big games and certainly that has contributed to results