6. Thiago Silva

Jase

Could not cope with the quickness of city players. Hope it’s just early season form, but looked his age against city, I have to say.

you know reading some posts today made me convinced I literally watched a different game. We actually played way better than city instead of been pinned down in our own half for most of the match. And we actually won! Silly me again.

Edited by robsblubot

• 1 month later...

Has a dream of retirement in Fluminense. Unfortunately I can see him leaving in the summer which was always expected tbh when he arrived. 

With Rudi and Chris contract situation so many question marks over our defense. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some rumours he wants to stay in Europe one more season so would make sense for us to keep him here, even more so with question marks over a number of defender's futures.

PSG must be kicking themselves every day that they gift wrapped Silva and then Tuchel to us.

On 21/11/2021 at 19:36, chelsea_4_eva said:

Yes please! And to think PSG signed Ramos on huge wages and has yet to start 😂

Ramos is not even fit to lace the boots of Thiago Silva's shadow. ramos is done on the top level. Everybody could see as much when we played them clowns. The moment Kai of all people nudged him off the ball he went to ground with a look of pure desperation. Kai then proceeded to make step right over the ailing bug corpse on the ground not even looking down. That moment Ramos should have recognised his future as a footballer would remain in the dust on that very pitch. If the guy had any self respect he would have ended his career that day instead of dragging his undead legs to Paris to be a mascot 

Edited by Magic Lamps

• 1 month later...

Great news. Hopefully more will follow now.

Don't know why but in recent days I'm starting to feel slightly more confident that Rudiger may re-sign. 

I think his preference would be to stay here as he realises what he's got here as a bit of a cult hero, and the system suiting him perfectly. I feel the opportunity for him to talk with other clubs may be more of a negotiation tactic with us.

Lukaku read this and see how you should conduct yourself:

Chelsea have extended Thiago Silva's contract by one year until the end of the 2022-23 season.

The 37-year-old Brazilian defender has made 22 appearances for the Blues so far this campaign.

Silva started at the heart of defence as Chelsea beat Manchester City to win the Champions League in May 2021.

He has also scored four goals since joining the London club on a free transfer from Paris St-Germain in August 2020.

Silva told Chelsea's official website that playing for the club is a "real pleasure".

"I never thought I would play for three years here in this great club so I'm very happy to stay for another season," said Silva.

"To play here with Chelsea is a real pleasure, I'm going to give everything to keep playing at this level in the most important league in the world."

Silva won his 100th cap for Brazil in October.

Edited by bigbluewillie