Mikel John Obi

Badboy

My bad. Alright, go Van Ginkel!

Van Ginkel has been invisible for Stoke so far. I watched his first three matches there and rarely have I seen a player, at any level really, so uninfluencial and uninvolved for his team. He hasn't been terrible or done any huge mistakes in particular, but he's just been completely invisible.

Van Ginkel has been invisible for Stoke so far. I watched his first three matches there and rarely have I seen a player, at any level really, so uninfluencial and uninvolved for his team. He hasn't been terrible or done any huge mistakes in particular, but he's just been completely invisible.

I heard he had a go as n10. Did he play DM?

I heard he had a go as n10. Did he play DM?

Mostly DM. Tbf Stoke were bad in the matches I watched, except against Spuds but only after Marco had come off. They got a draw against Spurs and lost the other two against Liverpool and WBA.

Mostly DM. Tbf Stoke were bad in the matches I watched, except against Spuds but only after Marco had come off. They got a draw against Spurs and lost the other two against Liverpool and WBA.

against pool he played as a no.10

• 2 weeks later...

When I play against shitty players - a lot worse than I - my passing is fantastic! Seriously, I can make the ball spin to you or from you... I can lob and hit any player anywhere in a 7x7 pitch...

Now as soon as I've got tighter marking on me and I have no time on the ball, all that beautiful passing goes down the drain. That's why in tight marking situations, I drop deeper to have more time on the ball, but my passing becomes bureaucratic - simple. When I was younger and quicker, I could still hold my own up front.

No I am not Mikel, but the tale is so very common that sometimes I think people here don't really play football, which is sad - it's a lot of fun to play.

Mikel would be Walsal's star player - highest paid and #10... Mikel would do well for many clubs and many leagues - just not Chelsea and not the EPL. Because even Epl smaller sides have much better players (eg Sotons victor).

This is getting ridiculous.

The guy is so talented, and has always been, it didn't magically happen today, he just had lost consistency due to his lack of game time ( and the coach's instructions, including in Mourinho's first speel, restricting him to a more limited role ).

Today, we didn't have Oscar Hazard and Cesc, our three main creative assets, he stepped up because he know that the team needed someone to play that role ( or Mourinho simply told him ).

This is why i keep saying that Mikel only knows to make back passes is a huge false stupid myth, he just follows the coach instructions to play a deeper role, because he is so good at keeping the ball and reading the game.

This. His ability to play those pinpoint long passes have always been in his locker. The ball he done for Falcao was fantastic.

This. His ability to play those pinpoint long passes have always been in his locker. The ball he done for Falcao was fantastic.

He plays this way for Nigeria, especially his long passes.

I have no idea where it dissapears to most of the time for Chelsea

He plays this way for Nigeria, especially his long passes.

I have no idea where it dissapears to most of the time for Chelsea

This. Mikel is a different player for Nigeria, so last night's performance didn't surprise me.

No, it's not because of weaker opposition.

He just had more defensive instructions in Mourinho's first spell, which continued under Scolari, Hiddink and more importantly Ancelotti.

During the first part of the catastrophic 2010-2011 season he was our best player, and without him it could have been worse.

Anybody have confidence that this season a Mikel-Matic pairing can work in the big games/later UCL matches?

Last season Mikel was injured for months, and in the few games they played together (Livepool COC away) they looked very very shaky/poor.

We still haven't replaced the qualities that David Luiz offered for the 'Big Games'. (City Away 2013, Arsenal Home 2014)