Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Jose may not share your opinion

But I think it is highly likely that he does. Mikel's only competition is "no-knees" Essien and to some extent Ramires who would be out of position at DM. Mikel is our only decent defensive midfielder, and the fact that we did not go for another DM and refused to sell him says a lot about what Jose thinks of him, imo.

But I think it is highly likely that he does. Mikel's only competition is "no-knees" Essien and to some extent Ramires who would be out of position at DM. Mikel is our only decent defensive midfielder, and the fact that we did not go for another DM and refused to sell him says a lot about what Jose thinks of him, imo.

your opinion of Mikel isnt universally shared so you can't be sure ,,, I know Mikel is your Number 1 DM but many others disagree

your opinion of Mikel isnt universally shared so you can't be sure ,,, I know Mikel is your Number 1 DM but many others disagree

True, but like I said, considering the competition, I think it is highly probable.

Not our best DM, our only DM.

Maybe because he's the only DM in the squad now?

Which automatically makes him the best choice for the DM position. And it seems that Jose thinks that's good enough with Essien and Ramires filling in when needed.

Speaking of Mikel, did he play in the recent friendly? Or is he still on break from the Confed cup?

Still on break with the rest. Think they'll join up with the team in the US.

We win more games when Mikel does not start.

We lose fewer games when Mikel does not start.

We score more goals when Mikel does not start.

We concede fewer goals when Mikel does not start.

But, but, but Mikel is our best DM.

ROFL, still trying to wrap my head around that argument. Go on Choulo19 and The Skipper. You are doing it right.

ann Ginkel may play there ...Lampard ... Nat .. David Luiz ... Mikel will get games but not as many as you seem to think.. IMHO he

will NOT be an automatic starter, btw I am not a Mikel "hater"

Lampard is not a DM, same with ginkel(untested at this level), Nat is a squad player for now, david luiz will be an important player in central defence since Mou said ivanovic along with cesar are our right full backs for the season.

Also mou said he likes to play sometimes with only one in front of the back four if that isn't mikel then who is it?.

What the fuck? Essien is a player who gave everything to this club EVERYTIME he pulled on the shirt. He doesn't deserve the shit that you and others give him.

He seems to think he is back to somewhere close to his best, and other players within the squad are making similar noises so I'm hoping he might surprise a few people and become a starter for us again.

As long as Essien has learned how to pass a ball again I would love to see him back to some sort of player he was.

All the noises coming out of the camp seem to suggest he is going to get a fairly prominent role. He made 34 appearances last year which was the second highest number he achieved in the last 5 seasons. Mourinho loves him and he looks in fantastic shape so I think he might surprise a few people.

That leaves him, Ramires, Lamps, Van Ginkel and Chalobah as our midfield competition for Mikel, plus the possible acquisition of a De Rossi or Luis Gustavo.

All the noises coming out of the camp seem to suggest he is going to get a fairly prominent role. He made 34 appearances last year which was the second highest number he achieved in the last 5 seasons. Mourinho loves him and he looks in fantastic shape so I think he might surprise a few people.

That leaves him, Ramires, Lamps, Van Ginkel and Chalobah as our midfield competition for Mikel, plus the possible acquisition of a De Rossi or Luis Gustavo.

When he first joined he was a complete joy to behold, really, really like Essien but I am skeptical as to of he can rediscover his form.

Could be like a new signing if it happens.

What the fuck? Essien is a player who gave everything to this club EVERYTIME he pulled on the shirt. He doesn't deserve the shit that you and others give him.

He seems to think he is back to somewhere close to his best, and other players within the squad are making similar noises so I'm hoping he might surprise a few people and become a starter for us again.

What does what he gave to the club has to do with anything? He was the best midfielder in the world and was unfortunate to get two long-term injuries that practically ruined his knees. It is very sad, but it is reality.

I've watched him with Madrid last season, he is no where near his past self. He could still be a decent squad player as he can cover at several positions across the back and midfield.

Lampard is not a DM, same with ginkel(untested at this level), Nat is a squad player for now, david luiz will be an important player in central defence since Mou said ivanovic along with cesar are our right full backs for the season.

There is going to be so much heartbreak next season. I hope for your sake, they put a camera on the bench so you can get your regular Mikel fix.

Anyone who thinks Essien is not valuable to Chelsea should have his head examine. This man is a model what a footballer should be. Dedicated to this team for years, plays his heart out for Chelsea. May all be like him.

The other day, I saw him on the pitch, what a joy it was, to see him playing well.

Anyone contesting Essien, better be aware, there is the tank at his best coming & I love it.