Mikel John Obi

Badboy

What does what he gave to the club has to do with anything?

Yep. :wank2:

He was the best midfielder in the world and was unfortunate to get two long-term injuries that practically ruined his knees. It is very sad, but it is reality.

So you're a doctor now? He suffered bad injuries that have long and tough recovery schedules but sportsmen like him are made of stronger stuff and if there's anyone I'd back to come back it would be him.

I've watched him with Madrid last season, he is no where near his past self. He could still be a decent squad player as he can cover at several positions across the back and midfield.

I watched him too and I saw a player who was on the comeback trail, putting everything into his performances even when used out of position. That's the type of commitment we need in this team and that's the type of commitment the supporters will back every single fucking time.

What does what he gave to the club has to do with anything? He was the best midfielder in the world and was unfortunate to get two long-term injuries that practically ruined his knees. It is very sad, but it is reality.

I've watched him with Madrid last season, he is no where near his past self. He could still be a decent squad player as he can cover at several positions across the back and midfield.

You also claim to having watched Oscar last season and then came up with statements like Oscar can't tackle.

Excuse us if we don't trust your observations and conclusions.

You also claim to having watched Oscar last season and then came up with statements like Oscar can't tackle.

Really? :doh:

Oscar's a tenacious little bastard who gets stuck in way more than someone in his position or with his frame would be expected to.

Yep. :wank2:

So you're a doctor now? He suffered bad injuries that have long and tough recovery schedules but sportsmen like him are made of stronger stuff and if there's anyone I'd back to come back it would be him.

I watched him too and I saw a player who was on the comeback trail, putting everything into his performances even when used out of position. That's the type of commitment we need in this team and that's the type of commitment the supporters will back every single fucking time.

Talk circles about it all you want, but bottom line is football players who rupture their cruciate ligament very very rarely get back to what they were before. Let alone someone who's ruptured it twice. I would absolutely love to have the Bison back. It would be awesome to have the best midfielder in the world in our team. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

:lol:

But I think it is highly likely that he does. Mikel's only competition is "no-knees" Essien and to some extent Ramires who would be out of position at DM. Mikel is our only decent defensive midfielder, and the fact that we did not go for another DM and refused to sell him says a lot about what Jose thinks of him, imo.

still like 40 days of the window left...

Something New About His Transfer?

Sadly no counter party available :(

His PR team linked him with Trazbanspor, their President immediately denied that they were interested in him.

His PR team linked him with Galatasaray, their assistant manager Hasan Sas came out to calm the rumours saying they are not interested in Mikel.

THIS^^^. Without reasons?. Get schooled man.

Is that supposed to make some sense?

And you are the one to talk about reasons, after making this post

Contrary to what many are thinking it is quite clear from recent comments that mikel is going to be a prominent member of mourinho's squad especially if Mou isn't signing any other DM player.

Irony died a slow painful death

Sadly no counter party available :(

His PR team linked him with Trazbanspor, their President immediately denied that they were interested in him.

His PR team linked him with Galatasaray, their assistant manager Hasan Sas came out to calm the rumours saying they are not interested in Mikel.

Could you please give me the contact details for his PR team? There's a proposal I'd like to speak to them about.

When he first joined he was a complete joy to behold, really, really like Essien but I am skeptical as to of he can rediscover his form.

Could be like a new signing if it happens.

I think if we have little/no expectations for Essien, we will be fairly surprised. That isn't being harsh; but realistic - obviously he isn't the player he once was. If people expect 2006-08 quality "Bison" performances they will be disappointed. BUT he can still do a job for us. But let's be fair, with him and Mikel we at least have two good options for the CDM position.

as mourinho has confirmed we wont be buying any midfielder it looks like we will have to rely on mikel.

he better really up his game. im expecting performances like him vs spain week in week out. if not we will be in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...