• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

There's really no vocal leader on this team. No one holding players accountable while on the pitch during crucial situations. You would love to see this team have a rock on defense who keeps it all together but they're all inconsistent. I just see a whole lot of complaining when they don't receive the ball...Need more energy and heart.

The fact there are zero rumors of us obtaining any centre backs, has me worried Lampard thinks they are good enough. 
Let's put it this way - if the set piece frailty isn't sorted out and the cbs aren't flogged for a different pair - Lampards three year plan is just to last his contract.

Dopey bastard won't win shit with this defence

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DDA said:

If we don't buy a top CB and LB after tonight..

Lamps will end up a sacked man walking.

He sure will, defence is always your bread and butter. Took them some while but even pep and klopp understood that. FL has played under some superb defensive managers but learned nothing it seems.

Just now, DDA said:

Ziyech and Werner must be looking at each other with eyes wide open, thinking, WTF have we put ourselves in for here.

They're in for some fun!!

Its annoying cause we showed last week we can defend,we are capable and yet nahhh dont fancy it today! Why beat City and lose here. 

Guess not going on a winning run after all 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Its annoying cause we showed last week we can defend,we are capable and yet nahhh dont fancy it today! Why beat City and lose here. 

We are too predictable to play against. Sit back and counter. 

Soo obvious 

Feel deflated.

Poor.

It is so poor that we can beat Man City (yes they werent great on the day perhaps), playing much better but to then get beat by West Ham where we’ve been dominant with the ball but havent scored from open play.... its close to shocking in all reality (even more so because if we concede that freekick Willi scored it would be the GK should have saved it - Fabianksi’s positioning was awful and gave himself a bad start in which if he hadnt be probably gets it). In attack Pulisic, was really the only one who looked like making stuff happening. 

You can talk about defending or GKs or whatever but look at the possession stats, look at the shots on target, that hasnt been good enough tonight. No point having the ball for god knows how long if your not going to create chances in the final third. 14 efforts with 6 shots on target. Our goals were a penalty and a freekick. Also to concede in the 89th minute, when you have a 3 or 4 point gap on the nearest team to you in the table, just sit back a bit for the last 10, take the draw, talk about naivety in game management even more so when you look at the performance as a whole. I mean does Alonso need to be that far up? 89th minute? Also the huge stroke of luck that their disallowed goal didnt count much earlier as well. 

Its a harsh reality now that if we drop any more points, which with performances like that after the good game v City, we ultimately will end up 5th or even 6th. May seem harsh but is that really good enough? When you consider the point gaps we've held recently and earlier in the season over other teams for the top 4? For me, not really.

It has been a learning curve for Frank this season and many of the players but the harsh truth is if we do not finish in the top 4, it wont be because the other teams have been much much better than us, it will be down to us dropping unnecessary points due to a lack of taking chances in key moments of games, poor in game management and awful defending throughout the season.

Obviously signings will be made in areas. Ziyech and Werner will help us in attack undoubtedly but If we dont sort out our defence we are likely going to be miles off competing for the title next season. Again.

I think the best we can hope for now is 4th when I look at our run in. United will finish 3rd.

It's an all out battle between ourselves, Wolves, Leicester for 4th. Maybe even Arse and Spuds who are both suddenly picking up wins. We have the worst defense out of all of them so you can't say we're favorites.

Thing is, reece James' lack of intensity on Sunday wasn't the first time. That problem has been there all season. There's not one defender that doesn't have clear weaknesses. Azpi is useless in the final third (though clearly our best defender). Everyone else has big issues.

LoL should have kept the guy that went to Brighton

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

If we don't buy a top CB and LB after tonight..

Lamps will end up a sacked man walking.

While i'm not atall defending the defense the wastefulness in attack is probably an even bigger problem.

How many times this season have we dominated games without winning? As shown against Everton and Liverpool we can work with this defense with crucial adjustments infront.

It says a lot about the centre backs this season that in my opinion if Cahill had stayed another season he would have ended up first choice.

I'm most disappointed with Rudiger. We really needed him to step up this season as the leader of the defence and senior player in that central defence. He's gone backwards.

I'm still not sold on either of Zouma and Christensen as both have glaring and major weaknesses. Tomori is still very raw, although I think with a leader alongside him he's the best hope.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think the best we can hope for now is 4th when I look at our run in. United will finish 3rd.

It's an all out battle between ourselves, Wolves, Leicester for 4th. Maybe even Arse and Spuds who are both suddenly picking up wins. We have the worst defense out of all of them so you can't say we're favorites.

if we get dragged into a huge race when we were merrily going along be pissed off. Dont mind Wolves..Man U but the rest. No thank you!!

Definitely Man U will come out top. Theyve gelled unfortunately. Havent lost in a while and dont look like they will

If comes down to goal difference also..we are screwed but don't think be that.