• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

Antonio isn't even a natural CF. He isn't tall or good in the air. Yet he won seemingly every ball played long to him even with AC or Rudiger man marking him. That's completely unacceptable. VVD or Maguire dominate in those scenarios. VVD in particular would've totally shit those situations down. Our CB's BOTH get bullied by him.

Just now, Tomo said:

It's not as easy as people think to just flick the switch back on, i'd rather finish 5th sticking to the process than shithouse 4th. 

You're right. But I could see why Lampard decided to do it given this defense.

For me the most disappointing aspect was after how poor we played against Leicester, I fully expected that to be a wake up call but we've been poor and lethargic again. West Ham wanted it more and that's unacceptable.

Defensively it's just not good enough. We need a leader at the back, both for set pieces and to organise that back line in open play. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The fact there are zero rumors of us obtaining any centre backs, has me worried Lampard thinks they are good enough. 

We've been linked with Rice to play centre back.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The fact there are zero rumors of us obtaining any centre backs, has me worried Lampard thinks they are good enough. 

he has said repeatedly that they are good enough and laughed out the need for transfers there

and he deffo does say when he thinks a position is fucked

those being LB, GK, CF

No reason in pumping any more money into trying to create a stellar front line when we are served that abysmal defence. Put prime Messi and Ronaldo into this line up and nothing would change, Chelsea's current defenders are total garbage.

Soyuncu, Romagnoli and God knows what other towering defenders are out there, all I know from tonight on Chelsea must prioritise the defence otherwise we're going nowhere.

My god we are so shit, typical Chelsea, this defense is a joke ffs, can't even hold on to a draw to save their lives, just get rid of all these deadwood defenders, fucking West Ham have done the double over us, let that sink in. We definitely don't deserve top 4, last season we were extremely lucky we had Hazard and other teams around us were so shit. Shambles of a team

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

@Laylabelle is correct, Wolves have to now be at least equal chance for 5th (a CL place IF shitty lose the appeal)

this was a devastating loss

Yeeep. They're also 2 points behind. We've lost 4 more games then them as well.  Just more draws on their side

And Leicester are still 3rd! They havent won a game yet

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This and his love for Barkley are absolute beyond me. We should be signing at least 2cbs, 2lbs and a fucking goalie

I’ve given him credit when he’s changed the game with his subs in recent weeks so I’ll bloody well criticise him when he can’t set us up to defend a simple corner.

Make no mistake we may well have blown top 4 now. Shameful players and manager, shameful tactics and personel. Fuck Havertz, fix that defence and hire a defence coach cuz Lamps aint it.