• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Were people really thinking Gilmour is going to be starter all the time? And btw, for almost every lineup I saw people posting for next season we play 4-2-3-1 with Kante-Kovacic and RLC/Mount so there you go

Not all the time but in a game like this when Jorginho is banned absolutely he should be playing. The lack of a regista to speed up our play between the defensive and middle third restricted us in the first half.

Not to mention Kante is more suited to the game on Thursday so made no sense to play him for the full 90.

I'm pretty pleased overall with the result and general performance. You only have to look at how most teams have been slow and ponderous in this first set of games, I think we dominated possession well and got stronger in the second half which I felt would happen against a team that only played a few days ago.

People complaining about RLC playing wide left, but he apparently played their in the friendly against QPR and we can only trust that he put a performance in that pleased Lampard.

Pulisic has been out for 6 months too and has a worrying injury record for his young age so he'll need managing in these last few games himself, and both will be even more important if we don't manage to keep Pedro and Willian until the season end.

What I loved about Pulisic's goal was the desire and intelligence to get into the back post. Our wingers don't do that nearly enough, but I've seen signs of it from Pulisic this season that makes me think he could become a regular goalscorer in the future. It is something that Hudson Odoi needs serious work on.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not all the time but in a game like this when Jorginho is banned absolutely he should be playing. The lack of a regista to speed up our play between the defensive and middle third.

Not to mention Kante is more suited to the game on Thursday so made no sense to play him for the full 90.

i agree with you on that one, this game was perfect for Billy, should have started this one, his 2 games against the merseyside teams warranted that.

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Hopefully the kills the Havertz rumor and we use those funds for a top CB. 

If we just start selling the dregs we have the cash for both, plus a decent (no not £80m Chilwell) LB

no more dick-waving round the maypole shit

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not all the time but in a game like this when Jorginho is banned absolutely he should be playing. The lack of a regista to speed up our play between the defensive and middle third restricted us in the first half.

I think Frank needed Kante not to be rusty against City. 

This 3 month break is weird and I think it's good for players to get minutes under their belts.

Villa are scrapping for their lives - was always going to a bit of a ding-dong.

City don't really have much to play for and if we can keep a tight shape should be ok - they are exposed again defensively.

We can't afford any Luiz-esque defending so the back 5 including Keppa need to work hard during training.

If we could pick up a draw I would be happy.

Nobody will get into this team before N'golo Kante, was absolutely outstanding again. If only we had a decent centre-back this team would be miles more solid defensively. I think every CB dreams of having Kante in front him shielding the back 4.

Christensen is trash, and Rüdiger is just mentally not at the level needed. 

5 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Nobody will get into this team before N'golo Kante, was absolutely outstanding again. If only we had a decent centre-back this team would be miles more solid defensively. I think every CB dreams of having Kante in front him shielding the back 4.

Christensen is trash, and Rüdiger is just mentally not at the level needed. 

all these people (including you) must have watched a different game

Kante was competent but no more

he offers very little creativity in that regista spot, 

the tempo was so slow until Pulisic and Barkely came in

he just is not a great passer nor a player who bends the play to his will

sure, he was fine defensively but look at what he was playing against

he gave away a lot of fouls as well

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

because he affected the play more in the 2nd half

it wasn't like Kante had to shut down an offensive juggernaut

Pulisic came on and score. He did change the game but not because he played very2 well but because he replaced (i have no freaking clue why Lamp??) Ruben who was understandably very2 poor. If Ruben is your best player sure but he is not. I don't understand Lamp sometimes. 

Kante pretty much allow us to completely dominate the game by winning ball after ball. Villa barely threatened us except through long ball and set pieces.