• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I rewatched the goal conceded a few times and i noticed that it was probably a fucked up offside trap (actually rüdiger fucked up the trap), which is why the players were so far away from the villa guys and stopped moving altogether because they were somewhat disjointed. clearly not well enough re-hearsed but also looked like a chain of individual errors not to close down the rebound, everybody was simply ball watching. I dont think we will concede such a stupid goal again with so many errors but it really does not bode well for our set piece routines.

I do not think it is a offside trap. 

Stop this video on 0:41. You will see Mount, Azpi in better position than opponents but not for a long. Chris and Rudi should also do much better after Kepa save.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Stop this video on 0:41. You will see Mount, Azpi in better position than opponents but not for a long. Chris and Rudi should also do much better after Kepa save.

I still think it is, there are 4 villa players nearer to our goal than any of our outfielders and every one of our players start moving with a step of delay.

On 22/06/2020 at 2:11 AM, Fernando said:

He will be a great sub then to hold in the result if we end up having 3 midfielders that don't include kante. 

Because of this or makes me wonder if it's better to keep him then sell. We always need depth. 

keep him

deffo

great sub, class act, can still play at a high level given the right situ (strikers and GKers are the two positions exempt from my over 30yo rule)

why Lamps went with dogshit Bats over him earlier is beyond me

15 hours ago, communicate said:

I am not so sure because of Ziyech and Ruben. If Ruben came back healthy , probably him as no 10,cho from the left wing to help with keeping the ball and to feed Werner, Ziyech on the right maybe (i have never watched dutch league so we'll see) . Not sure it will work, defensively it is atrocious, it does put pressure on Ruben to be the physical force up top. 

Forget to add if you watch yesterday's game ,  in Lamp system his left wing play narrow  high  more like a forward which suit Werner, you can watch where willian get the ball compare to Puli. 

No one is saying Werner can't play on the LW. He will be an option there but I don't think we can dismiss the idea of Lampard playing him as a ST either and why restrict your thinking just because of Ziyech and Loftus-Cheek? There are still other options to fill around. 

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

AC definitely tries to play then offside as he takes a step up. This may have been him doing this on his own but he looks as if he is thinking that is what is happening. Mount I am not going to blame as he really shouldn't even be in there. Dave loses track of the ball and god knows what Rudi is doing, he just looks lost at sea and tries to redeem himself with a goal line clearance. However, as bad as those errors are, I am still not seeing how people aren't lying any blame at Kepa's door here. That header should have been catch able, or at the very worst he should've been able to push it away with much greater force and, you know, not pushed it straight into the single most dangerous area. Seriously, my granny could've done a better job of palming that out if put in the same position. All in all it was calamitous from about four players - Dave, AC, Kepa and Rudi. 

17 minutes ago, King Kante said:

AC definitely tries to play then offside as he takes a step up. This may have been him doing this on his own but he looks as if he is thinking that is what is happening. Mount I am not going to blame as he really shouldn't even be in there. Dave loses track of the ball and god knows what Rudi is doing, he just looks lost at sea and tries to redeem himself with a goal line clearance. However, as bad as those errors are, I am still not seeing how people aren't lying any blame at Kepa's door here. That header should have been catch able, or at the very worst he should've been able to push it away with much greater force and, you know, not pushed it straight into the single most dangerous area. Seriously, my granny could've done a better job of palming that out if put in the same position. All in all it was calamitous from about four players - Dave, AC, Kepa and Rudi. 

You clearly have agenda against Kepa. He was left alone against 4 players in front of him and you blame him? You should thank him for that save but he was let down not once but twice by his players.

Every player is in the box for defending set pieces. Mount should not cover tall CB tbh but since he was there one on one (against a player who shot both times) in much better position before the cross he should do much better.

Apart from that he was one of our best players on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You clearly have agenda against Kepa. He was left alone against 4 players in front of him and you blame him? You should thank him for that save but he was let down not once but twice by his players.

Every player is in the box for defending set pieces. Mount should not cover tall CB tbh but since he was there one on one (against a player who shot both times) in much better position before the cross he should do much better.

Apart from that he was one of our best players on Sunday.

I do have an agenda against Kepa but it is due to him being dire and nothing else. If you feel that his handling of the header was of sufficient quality then I seriously hope you're not scouting our next GK that we are going to have to get to replace him with.