• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Willian (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's easy to complain about Lampard's subs but Kovacic looked like he was struggling with a knock. If he needed to come off, I've no problem with Lampard putting faith in a youngster to come in as much of a like for like replacement as possible. 

These players have to learn and that's going to take time. It won't happen overnight.

Our defending is not good enough at present that's clear. But another problem we have is there seems to be an inability to "dig in" when we're under a bit of pressure. The natural reaction for some of these players is to try and play through that when sometimes you simply can't and the result is playing more frenetic and disjointed. It happened in the last half hour against United, most of the game against Leicester and the second half today. Inexperience is a huge issue with this, possibly with Lampard and his tactics too but it's part of the process and unfortunately we're going to have to go through this to reap the benefits.

The second half today we needed a performance similar to the one against Norwich in the second half where we dominated much of the play and controlled the game and it wasn't there.

Billy Gilmour made 0 sense. Bring Christensen. It has nothing to do with youth. We need more solidity. If Christensen was starting with Zouma today I will say bring Tomori. 

You're all thinking it but I'll say,

How perfect would a sarri second half be? 2-0 up, 60% possession slowly locking them in their own half. Not many chances either way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Every second half resulted in the same shit shortly after the break. Lampard should be doing his upmost to get rid of these habits

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Why the hell did we lose 4-0 to man u... Eventually we'll have a postive goal difference lol.. Probably not anytime soon mind. 

look at other teams results vs United compared to us, it makes look like amateurs.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

look at other teams results vs United compared to us, it makes look like amateurs.

Yep! Though we kinda done that ourselves with our results. Not like we've defended amazing since. Just annoying. Just when think could get to 0 we do this! 

And it's not even the younger lot making mistakes all the time! 

On a second note, must admit we looked soft under Sarri last year but this year is actually ridiculous.

2 teams who got promoted from the Championship have managed to play against us with ease in the second half of games. Doing things that in the larger scale of football are the simple things, recovering 1st and 2nd balls, workrate, being organised etc. Take the whole technical side of the game out of it and the team should be able to do this at least.

It always is the 2nd half, does Frank tell them to relax or do the performance levels drop? It has happened at United, Leicester, Norwich and now Sheffield United. 

Only thing I am disappointed in Lampard with is that he gave Gilmour a debut in very nervy surroundings with little time to go against a tall team on the front foot. Like someone mentioned, I would have liked Christensen on to give the extra defending to seal the game.

Other than that I think the players let Lampard down at key times.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

And it's not even the younger lot making mistakes all the time! 

They're not even the ones making any mistakes! Mount was maybe quiet in this game but Tammy and Tomori did well and Gilmour did the best he could in difficult circumstances.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Billy Gilmour made 0 sense. Bring Christensen. It has nothing to do with youth. We need more solidity. If Christensen was starting with Zouma today I will say bring Tomori. 

It's easy to question in hindsight. Perhaps Lampard wasn't comfortable with changing essentially to a back 5 for the last 10 minutes of the game and invite even more pressure from them.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

It always is the 2nd half, does Frank tell them to relax or do the performance levels drop? It has happened at United, Leicester, Norwich and now Sheffield United. 

Happened under Sarri as well and people criticised him for demoralizing the team. 

Lampard laughing over a missed opportunity. So totally unlike him. Especially at times when everyone knows about our shitty defence.
Who is laughing now, boss?
I think you're overreacting here. You can be laughing and taking your jobs very seriously at the same time. Smiling/laughing does not mean you aren't focused or don't want to win. Only being serious is so boring. I respect that he seems to have that type of relationship with kova.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just now, Miguelito said:

I think you're overreacting here. You can be laughing and taking your jobs very seriously at the same time. Smiling/laughing does not mean you aren't focused or don't want to win. Only being serious is so boring. I respect that he seems to have that type of relationship with kova.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I see your point, but it just feels like a pre season game then. While we are struggling horribly.

Happened under Sarri as well and people criticised him for demoralizing the team. 

It wasn't a habit prior to Sarri, so someone must have introduced this pathetic mentality.